Lil Mas = BJJ Knee Injury

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Lil Mas = BJJ Knee Injury

Postby Masato » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:37 am

So my son got his knee injured today in class.

I wasn't there but apparently it made a super loud CRACK noise, everyone in the club heard it.

He's home now resting with ice, but may take him in tomorrow for x-rays just to see how bad or not bad it actually is.

Any experience with knee injuries? Any experience with kids? How does a knee injury on an 11 year old differ from an adult?

Sucks man :(

Hope its not too bad. We'll see in the morning I guess

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:11 am

Ive got some pretty pertinent experience here Mas. When I was 14 I was in wrestling camp in Huntsville, despite our youth we were already pretty exposed to freestyle, what to do, what not to do, etc. But then the kids from the reserve were invited to come wrestle with the team. They came in decked out in John Cena and Undertaker merch lol It was awesome at first because one of the guys was actually my size, where as before that I was either crushing some guy 20 lbs less than me or struggling against a guy with 20 lbs on me. But then this 300 lbs native kid gets matched up with me during practice. He goes for a single and I defend it, but he still has my leg so he decides to fucking atomic butt drop my knee joint. It made some audible noise but I cant remember if it was more of a pop or a crack. I couldn't stand up for about 30 mins, then I was limping for prolly like a day and a half. Back then it was just a matter of "walk it off and you will be fine kid" but with what I now know about sport injuries it was likely a sprained ACL.

I don't know what I could have done about it then, like I said we were in the woods and nobody was telling me any Joe Rogan stem cell shit back then, but if I could go back in time and take any step to improve it I would. To this day I have a bad knee. Sometimes I will be swiveling in a swivel chair and the slight twisting motion on my legs sets off an extremely sharp pain in my knee joint. Sometimes I will be limping for the rest of the day when this happens. Now its only happened a few times because I know whats best for me and avoid swiveling in chairs like the plague, but basically what Im saying is its probably better to err on the side of caution here Mas.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:27 am

- Its sucks to get hurt so young.
hyaluronic acid caps, glucosamine and chondroitin will give a little help to him!
And working out to make that place strong if he still want to wrestle in pijamas!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:29 am

Luigi wrote:Ive got some pretty pertinent experience here Mas. When I was 14 I was in wrestling camp in Huntsville, despite our youth we were already pretty exposed to freestyle, what to do, what not to do, etc. But then the kids from the reserve were invited to come wrestle with the team. They came in decked out in John Cena and Undertaker merch lol It was awesome at first because one of the guys was actually my size, where as before that I was either crushing some guy 20 lbs less than me or struggling against a guy with 20 lbs on me. But then this 300 lbs native kid gets matched up with me during practice. He goes for a single and I defend it, but he still has my leg so he decides to fucking atomic butt drop my knee joint. It made some audible noise but I cant remember if it was more of a pop or a crack. I couldn't stand up for about 30 mins, then I was limping for prolly like a day and a half. Back then it was just a matter of "walk it off and you will be fine kid" but with what I now know about sport injuries it was likely a sprained ACL.

I don't know what I could have done about it then, like I said we were in the woods and nobody was telling me any Joe Rogan stem cell shit back then, but if I could go back in time and take any step to improve it I would. To this day I have a bad knee. Sometimes I will be swiveling in a swivel chair and the slight twisting motion on my legs sets off an extremely sharp pain in my knee joint. Sometimes I will be limping for the rest of the day when this happens. Now its only happened a few times because I know whats best for me and avoid swiveling in chairs like the plague, but basically what Im saying is its probably better to err on the side of caution here Mas.

:shock:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:30 pm

- How is your son doing?
How serious was the lesion?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:21 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- How is your son doing?
How serious was the lesion?

Thanks Edge

We get results from Ultrasound this week, don't know when exactly. He seems fine though, moving around well

Strange that it could make such a loud pop sound and not be seriously damaged, no?

About 3 days later he said he felt it pop back in and it felt better right away

Might consult a physio expert for advice depending on ultrasound results. Looks like he dodged a bullet

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:44 pm

My son broke his foot about a month ago in the gym at school. They put him in one of those plastic boots. I put cbd oil on it (his foot)and he was out of it (the boot) in a week.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”