The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
onetrickpony

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby onetrickpony » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:19 am

Masato wrote:My son figured out how to ride his bike today with no hands, and no helmet

Terrifying lol - I don't know who to be more concerned about :D

As for my daughter I am trying to contemplate what sort of dad a 14 year old girl would WANT to have, what would be the best from their perspective (vs what they may hate).

I even tried to watch a bunch of old John Hughes movies. Didn't help much

Be you. With all your faults and stupid bullshit you carry around. Make sure she knows you love her and would murder anyone that hurts her.

When she inevitably fucks up, punish her. Do it with limits and explain the boundaries you have set (which means homework for you on the boundaries).

Be the dick you need to be but make sure she knows that no matter how bad she fucked up you’ll have her back because she’s your little girl.

I have no experience at all with this. My daughter turns two in August but this will be the way I deal with her (and the way I wish my parents had been with me) as she gets older.

I have been an open book with my son (with my past it was a scary and interesting experience) and he is amazing. Kids are smart, they know when you’re lying so don’t do it. Explain your mistakes and what led you to make them. Let them learn from your stupidity instead of having to make the mistakes you did.

Basically, be the parent you wish you had had and hope it works out.

onetrickpony

Postby onetrickpony » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:28 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Masato wrote:My son figured out how to ride his bike today with no hands, and no helmet

As for my daughter I am trying to contemplate what sort of dad a 14 year old girl would WANT to have, what would be the best from their perspective (vs what they may hate).

The sort of dad she wants may not be the dad she needs.

There are things that I remember about my dad that I love now but hated then. Like he used to flick the porch light on and off as soon as I got home from a date Until I came in the house and not kiss the boy. Lol

A few things I'd recommend from my experience and learning from others close to me...

My step mom was always so serious so I loved that Dad joked around a lot. Try to balance out mom sometimes.

I heard a dad tell his son once "Do not talk to my wife that way." Simple but profound. A daughter will wind up looking for a man who is like her dad. Loving your wife and showing it will go a long way with her.

Do something girly with her. Paint her toe nails or curl her hair, even once will make a great memory. My dad painted one of my toe nails only one time....actually he painted my whole toe on purpose, so I would never ask him again I guess. I was perturbed and he had a good laugh. Even if you offer and she says 'no', she will remember that you were willing.

Make a joke about her period or her shaving her legs, something girly. (Of course at appropriate times)

Point out her moods, maybe give her hormonal pissy mood a nickname, but don't harp and let her feel herself.

Tell her that she isn't allowed to have sex until she is 36 or until you die. Also a joke but lets her know that you think it may be too soon.

These may sound crazy but a girl doesn't want to discuss any of this with dad but somehow it's important that they know that you are aware of them. And you cracking jokes occasionally lets her know that you are paying attention and know what's going on even though you aren't "trying to fix them". She doesn't want your help anyway. Lol

And today it's more important than ever to point out that what's on the inside is more important than the outside.

Now, give me pointers for a mom with two teenage boys. :mrgreen:

Your sons will learn from their father. The way your husband treats you shows them the way they should be. So, from your past description of your husband, I assume your kids are unemotional, chopper riding, German robots.

Talk to your sons, be there but don’t pressure them. The fact that you’re asking for advice shows what a killer mom you are. Dad is there for physical guidance mom is thee for the emotional.

From everything I’ve seen of you sweetheart, your kids will turn out great.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:10 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:
Rambo John J wrote:never sent a nude
never received a nude

No kids here...My overactive mind would be running wild if I had kids though...so many damn traps and pitfalls in the world today

Props and respect to those who are bringing up the youth in this crazy world we find ourselves in

You cam still tell me what you liked most about your mom as a teenage boy.

We love our mothers cause they are our mothers, not much they can do to change that.

Incidentally when I think "mum" I think of the person who cared about me the most, when I think of "Mom" I think of Brazzers

Brazzers?

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:11 am

onetrickpony wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:

There are things that I remember about my dad that I love now but hated then. Like he used to flick the porch light on and off as soon as I got home from a date Until I came in the house and not kiss the boy. Lol

A few things I'd recommend from my experience and learning from others close to me...

My step mom was always so serious so I loved that Dad joked around a lot. Try to balance out mom sometimes.

I heard a dad tell his son once "Do not talk to my wife that way." Simple but profound. A daughter will wind up looking for a man who is like her dad. Loving your wife and showing it will go a long way with her.

Do something girly with her. Paint her toe nails or curl her hair, even once will make a great memory. My dad painted one of my toe nails only one time....actually he painted my whole toe on purpose, so I would never ask him again I guess. I was perturbed and he had a good laugh. Even if you offer and she says 'no', she will remember that you were willing.

Make a joke about her period or her shaving her legs, something girly. (Of course at appropriate times)

Point out her moods, maybe give her hormonal pissy mood a nickname, but don't harp and let her feel herself.

Tell her that she isn't allowed to have sex until she is 36 or until you die. Also a joke but lets her know that you think it may be too soon.

These may sound crazy but a girl doesn't want to discuss any of this with dad but somehow it's important that they know that you are aware of them. And you cracking jokes occasionally lets her know that you are paying attention and know what's going on even though you aren't "trying to fix them". She doesn't want your help anyway. Lol

And today it's more important than ever to point out that what's on the inside is more important than the outside.

Your sons will learn from their father. The way your husband treats you shows them the way they should be. So, from your past description of your husband, I assume your kids are unemotional, chopper riding, German robots.

Talk to your sons, be there but don’t pressure them. The fact that you’re asking for advice shows what a killer mom you are. Dad is there for physical guidance mom is thee for the emotional.

You are damn near perfect. :D

onetrickpony

Postby onetrickpony » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:18 am

Shinkicker wrote:
onetrickpony wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:

You are damn near perfect. :D

Thank you for the compliment, but we both know that I pale in comparison to your beauty and intelligence.

onetrickpony

Postby onetrickpony » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:27 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Rambo John J wrote:never sent a nude
never received a nude

No kids here...My overactive mind would be running wild if I had kids though...so many damn traps and pitfalls in the world today

Props and respect to those who are bringing up the youth in this crazy world we find ourselves in

Well damn. You should have hit me up a week ago. I just deleted all my nudes.

:D

What the fuck! I always show up late.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:03 am

Heard some advice today:

He said, 'when you have a son, you only have 1 prick to worry about. When you have a daughter you have a whole bunch of pricks to worry about'.

Another advice I got tonight was to 'play it cool', even if inside you are not. that was interesting. these were from a couple my parents age, they've been through the whole deal their kids are my age.

I'm going to start talking to older parents/grandparents more, pick heir brains what they've learned from hindsight.

Some genuine stuff in this thread, thanks everyone. I didn't intend this thread just for forum jokes but for maybe a place of support to bounce ideas with. Parenting is a crazy journey and none of us know what we're doing lol

Welcome onetrickpony I can dig your vibe, some great posts

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:13 am

onetrickpony wrote:
Be you. With all your faults and stupid bullshit you carry around. Make sure she knows you love her and would murder anyone that hurts her.

When she inevitably fucks up, punish her. Do it with limits and explain the boundaries you have set (which means homework for you on the boundaries).

Be the dick you need to be but make sure she knows that no matter how bad she fucked up you’ll have her back because she’s your little girl.

I have no experience at all with this. My daughter turns two in August but this will be the way I deal with her (and the way I wish my parents had been with me) as she gets older.

I have been an open book with my son (with my past it was a scary and interesting experience) and he is amazing. Kids are smart, they know when you’re lying so don’t do it. Explain your mistakes and what led you to make them. Let them learn from your stupidity instead of having to make the mistakes you did.

Basically, be the parent you wish you had had and hope it works out.

Hey man this is amazing.
onetrickpony wrote:Be you. With all your faults and stupid bullshit you carry around.
This is truth. I've always been an advocate of being honest and telling the truth in life, yet here I am wondering what sort of Dad I should be lol. You are totally right, simple truth. Thanks it actually cleared my head

Also:
onetrickpony wrote:I have been an open book with my son (with my past it was a scary and interesting experience) and he is amazing. Kids are smart, they know when you’re lying so don’t do it. Explain your mistakes and what led you to make them. Let them learn from your stupidity instead of having to make the mistakes you did.

This is super wise, yet I wonder about being totally open book, if I am an advocate of being honest and telling the truth I will have to hit my kids with some hard truths when the questions arise.
wife won't like that lol

As for mothers of sons, I think plenty has been said. Smaller things maybe don't nag about the small stuff that boys don't care about like making the bed an shit lol
-pretend you know nothing of their chronic masturbation
-realize you are playing the long term game, they don't see you now but they will see you more clearly when they are older and will understand who you are now when they look back and realize how blind they were.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu May 02, 2019 7:52 pm

Daughter turned 15 the other day.

I unknowingly bought her the exact same present as this boy she's dating, lol

I'll take that as a point in my favor :D she laughed hard

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 03, 2019 1:43 am

wow, 15, damn congrats
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”