Re: Masato's Egypt Adventure

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 am

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:56 am

amazing
Great Images

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:09 am

Masato wrote:Next we went to even older pyramids, this is Saqqara, they say the oldest around. 5-6000 years or something. So crazy.

Strangely, this in retrospect was maybe my most memorable place on the whole trip. I really got mindblown here, its further from town so in most directions you are staring out into the wasteland of the Sahara. really cool and freaky

I don't think you can go inside this one, but nearby was another one with an underground tomb. You'd never know it from above ground unless you had the right eyes because it basically looks like just a big heap of rock and sand. Barely recognizable as anything manmade. But sure enough, there is the hole in the ground and the tunnel that starts boring into the earth

This one was also super tight and claustrophobic but by now we were experts ;)

Also nearby, inexplicably, was the remains of a temple that was in strikingly good condition. I asked clearly if it had been re-done or restored but kept getting the same answer that it was not, and the original remains from 5000+ years ago. It made no sense because everything else was so weathered and trashed. If its true it makes this place maybe the trippiest place I visited in all of 2 weeks to come.

snakes!

Look at this masonry :shock:

One passage the walls were so smooth and flat that they shone like a mirror. Mind blown.

All around is pure Sahara wasteland. Apparently if you keep going in this direction you will eventually come to Libya:

fucking awesome Masato!
thanks

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:19 am

what is up with the overcuts on this stone?

doesn't look original

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:52 pm

Masato wrote:

Canuckster suggested that vid. Watched today, pretty cool.

Even more cool however... the video proposes that several locations with abnormal monolithic architecture all line up with each other.

But what they didn't mention is that from what I can see, that same also ALSO passes right through the RICHAT STRUCTURE (aka Eye of the Sahara), which I've recently seen some compelling arguments that it might be the remains of an actual pre-flood Atlantis:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=5832

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:10 pm

Richat Structure is literally right here:

trippy

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:57 pm

Rambo John J wrote:Image

doesn't look original

What are overcuts? what are you seeing?

What was original and what was re-created or restored was a constant question the whole trip. Many sites had been raised out of the water, cut up and re-assembled somewhere. For me that kind of kills a bit of the vibe.

Other places insisted they were the original remains but inexplicably looked great. That pic for example, iirc its supposed to be like 5000 years old.

Blocks at the Sphinx too looked amazingly sharp, perfect smooth cuts and fits

:?:

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Masato wrote:
Rambo John J wrote:Image

doesn't look original

What are overcuts? what are you seeing?

What was original and what was re-created or restored was a constant question the whole trip. Many sites had been raised out of the water, cut up and re-assembled somewhere. For me that kind of kills a bit of the vibe.

Other places insisted they were the original remains but inexplicably looked great. That pic for example, iirc its supposed to be like 5000 years old.

Blocks at the Sphinx too looked amazingly sharp, perfect smooth cuts and fits

:?:

overcut is when the line goes past/thru the intersection of the lines/edges of the blocks.

instead of the intersection of three blocks being a "T" it is a "T" with a lil bit of the vertical line in the "T" going past/extending upwards past the intersection and almost giving the beginning of a Plus sign "+"

probably confusing way to describe it but oh well

could have just been somebody running a shallow saw to give the appearance of blocks on a solid wall...or they could have been just cleaning up the groove between blocks and went a lil bit too far

I do it all the time cutting plywood...cut past the intersection of two cuts...I call that an overcut(so does lars and Shatsbasson the builders over at MMAC)

Return to “Anarchy Zone”