Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:18 pm

going to start zone 2 cardio on my non lifting days, suggest you guys look into it, zone 2 is the fat burning zone something about ATP and fatty acids oxidizing instead of glucose blah blah sounded solid though

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:19 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Is that for the whole day?

Yes mate the only thing I didnt include was water, it was a non training day and due the app increasing my mindfullness I ate way less than normal, also I was working from home yesterday.

I think im going to try myfitnesspal cause the measurements used on the cronometer app dont work for me. Shit like a "cup of steak" after taking your advice I did some research and MFP has more aussie products in its database than cronometer according to the reviews.

I use cronometer.com, the database is massive. Up to you though.

If your food intake varies so much then that could be the problem. 1300 calories is what my girlfriend eats to maintain weight. My guess would be you are actually averaging over 3k.

Just keep in mind the lesson on insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance. Every time you overindulge in carbs and energy, your insulin sensitivity goes down a lot. When this is a habit, you become insulin resistant. At this point you have side effects like not feeling full/feeling hungry all the time and you store fat easier. So have your moderate meals, about 50g protein and 50g carbs each and preferably on the lower fat side, 4 times a day, and learn to make it a lifestyle. This doesn't mean that you are not supposed to enjoy eating. Just learn to eat real food, eat regularly, get better at cooking, and when the meal is done don't go snacking on stuff. Wait until it's time for next meal. Over time you won't have the urge to snack more.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:24 pm

I'll post training and training vids too, but just so you guys know, I train until I shit myself

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:32 pm

Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:Is that for the whole day?

Yes mate the only thing I didnt include was water, it was a non training day and due the app increasing my mindfullness I ate way less than normal, also I was working from home yesterday.

I think im going to try myfitnesspal cause the measurements used on the cronometer app dont work for me. Shit like a "cup of steak" after taking your advice I did some research and MFP has more aussie products in its database than cronometer according to the reviews.

If your food intake varies so much then that could be the problem. 1300 calories is what my girlfriend eats to maintain weight. My guess would be you are actually averaging over 3k.

Just keep in mind the lesson on insulin sensitivity and insulin resistance. Every time you overindulge in carbs and energy, your insulin sensitivity goes down a lot. When this is a habit, you become insulin resistant. At this point you have side effects like not feeling full/feeling hungry all the time and you store fat easier. So have your moderate meals, about 50g protein and 50g carbs each and preferably on the lower fat side, 4 times a day, and learn to make it a lifestyle. This doesn't mean that you are not supposed to enjoy eating. Just learn to eat real food, eat regularly, get better at cooking, and when the meal is done don't go snacking on stuff. Wait until it's time for next meal. Over time you won't have the urge to snack more.

Yeah I was surprised at 1300 cals, I mean theres little shit like that slice of bread had butter on it but the app didnt allow me to add butter or im just not using it properly, anyways it is what I ate nothing more besides the butter on that slice of bread or the water. When you say 4 meals per day does that include post workouut shakes?

I have to prep for the meal prep, I cook very well cause im not white but I dont have a lot of containers and shit to prep with, will sort that out on Saturday also need to get that kitchen scale

Post your cronometer from yesterday, let me see it

Also explain why everyone focuses on carsb so much when fat has over twice the calories per gram? also why not sugar? just cause we tend to eat more carbs by volume?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:44 pm

I trained with this guy, absolute beast, totally natty and warms up by walking around out the front of the gym smoking a few ciggies

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:27 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Anastasios wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Yeah I was surprised at 1300 cals, I mean theres little shit like that slice of bread had butter on it but the app didnt allow me to add butter or im just not using it properly, anyways it is what I ate nothing more besides the butter on that slice of bread or the water. When you say 4 meals per day does that include post workouut shakes?

I have to prep for the meal prep, I cook very well cause im not white but I dont have a lot of containers and shit to prep with, will sort that out on Saturday also need to get that kitchen scale

Post your cronometer from yesterday, let me see it

Also explain why everyone focuses on carsb so much when fat has over twice the calories per gram? also why not sugar? just cause we tend to eat more carbs by volume?

Because we crave carbs. Rarely does someone crave fats. Carbs produce hormonal responses and when we have too many it causes an addiction, insensitivity et.c. You need to recalibrate these hormonal responses so you balance your hunger/satiety and stop thinking about the next diet fad.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:58 pm

yeah but

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:07 pm

Anastasios wrote:I'll post training and training vids too, but just so you guys know, I train until I shit myself

There's something erotic about this. I'll be having 2 ham and egg sandwiches for breakfast with coffee.
Oatmeal for lunch and I think fish for dinner.

Working out at lunch.
Warm-ups are gay.

OHP 3x5
Flies 3x10
Pullups 3x8
Pendlay Rows 3x8
Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:54 pm

Anastasios wrote:I'm going to join in on this for fun. I have been in better shape but lately I have been having ravenous hunger pangs and I have some extra kg of fat.

I am also dealing with a very annoying old injury. I have tendinosis in my left gluteal muscles (medius and minimus, and trochanteric bursitis). The pain was at first not so bad and infrequent, I would forget about it. In november/december 2019 I heard some pops and couldn't lift heavy for a while. It recovered but after my first powerlifting competition in 2021 I decided to switch up my training and increase the volume and even tried hiring a coach which led to a disaster. The pain got worse and worse to the point where it felt like an electric shock whenever I hinged at the hips, and my lower body strength just went down. I tried going to a physio, chiro et.c. to no avail, endless rehab exercises. I finally found a physio who is a national champ in weightlifting and powerlifting himself. He gave me some heavy duty unilateral exercises to try and get the healing process started but it only helped lower the pain a little, so he recommended PRP and hyaluronic acid injection. So far I am 3 weeks and 5 days post injection and I have seen improvements. I still have doubts because I have had this problem for so long that I am accustomed to failure, which is sad. It would be cool to log this here.

Do you guys want to make this thread a training and diet log for all? I'm up for it but it will become a lot of posts, just so you know.

Welcome brother! Yes this thread was meant to be for all. Mostly I was hoping to inspire people not working out to start a program, but if everyone is just already doing their own thing might as well just make it a more general thread.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:58 pm

Day 1 of Smolov was easy enough despite the early morning.

Day 2 of Smolov was even easier.

Tomorrow is squat day, but my patella tendon is inflamed AF so it will be a deload day. I was advised to deload 20% of the top weight but that seems a bit much, I might try 10%.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”