Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Vutulaki » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:08 am

Luigi wrote:Smolov day 3 complete. Still easy but significantly less easy than the first 2 days. Things will get interesting tomorrow, as I have to do a session while probably already a bit sore from today. I try to make the easy days less easy by doing cool down sets that are more intense than usual.

Eat some kiwi fruit or take some magnesium for the DOMS

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33009349/

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:42 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Luigi wrote:Smolov day 3 complete. Still easy but significantly less easy than the first 2 days. Things will get interesting tomorrow, as I have to do a session while probably already a bit sore from today. I try to make the easy days less easy by doing cool down sets that are more intense than usual.

Eat some kiwi fruit or take some magnesium for the DOMS

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33009349/

I take half a teaspoon of L-glutamine in my post workout shake for the DOMS. I might try adding more kiwi to my diet now.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:18 pm

Friday session was a failure. Left glute muscles were just too tight and sore, was supposed to do split squats but spent over an hour trying to warm up, stretch, activate but just kept tipping to the sides or the soreness was too much to reach full depth. Got my rehab work in though.

Banded side kick eccentrics, red band x 20, yellow band x 20,20

Split squats a couple attempts at 65kg on the left leg but at best 1-2 reps completed. Went home after.

Diet going well, haven't snacked

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:33 pm

Smolov week 1 complete. The soreness wasnt as bad as I expected. No soreness in pecs, not too much in triceps, but damn my delts are on fire. Now I get to rest until Monday night.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:40 am

Not going to post reps and sets all the time cause cant be fucked

Ate nothing pre workout no coffee even

Deadlift
chest supported rows
chins
new row machine at the gym seems to hit upper back and traps
single arm kneeling kind of lat pull the type athleanX advocates dont know the name
wide grip high pulls
concentration curl drop sets using 10/7.5/5kg really light weight but fucked my bis

POW shake about to make some chicken breast wraps with the god damned hottest chili pickle on earth, real ring stinger even for me

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:29 am

Looking at the rest of the program ahead I know Im already strong enough to do every workout except the last 2, which look pretty daunting. The 2nd last day Ill be at a weight where I usually do 6 reps for 2 sets and then I am no longer able to get 6 and the reps deteriorate. The program has 8 sets of 4 reps. I'll be surprised if I achieve that. Then the last workout of the program is 10 lbs over that, 10 sets of 3. I think I might have the strength for that, but my delts will hate me and I'm a bit worried they will get tweaked or even injured. But, assuming I truly am building strength maybe I will be ready for them.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:43 am

Luigi wrote:Looking at the rest of the program ahead I know Im already strong enough to do every workout except the last 2, which look pretty daunting. The 2nd last day Ill be at a weight where I usually do 6 reps for 2 sets and then I am no longer able to get 6 and the reps deteriorate. The program has 8 sets of 4 reps. I'll be surprised if I achieve that. Then the last workout of the program is 10 lbs over that, 10 sets of 3. I think I might have the strength for that, but my delts will hate me and I'm a bit worried they will get tweaked or even injured. But, assuming I truly am building strength maybe I will be ready for them.

For clarity are you doing the samolov jr program across all or multiple compound/comp lifts if so that sounds brutal if not what are you doing exactly sorry if I missed it.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:41 pm

Luigi wrote:Looking at the rest of the program ahead I know Im already strong enough to do every workout except the last 2, which look pretty daunting. The 2nd last day Ill be at a weight where I usually do 6 reps for 2 sets and then I am no longer able to get 6 and the reps deteriorate. The program has 8 sets of 4 reps. I'll be surprised if I achieve that. Then the last workout of the program is 10 lbs over that, 10 sets of 3. I think I might have the strength for that, but my delts will hate me and I'm a bit worried they will get tweaked or even injured. But, assuming I truly am building strength maybe I will be ready for them.

I would keep going and try to be aware of your bias. Get under the bar and do one rep at a time, don't think of what you think you should be able to do or whether it feels like you have this many reps left in the tank. Most of the time when I gauge how many reps left in the tank and it's 3 or more reps, I am more often wrong than right, both for the worse and the better scenario.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:12 pm

Thinking about picking up some protein powder today. Any insights or recommendations?

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:18 am

Vutulaki wrote:

For clarity are you doing the samolov jr program across all or multiple compound/comp lifts if so that sounds brutal if not what are you doing exactly sorry if I missed it.

Just bench. I'm also doing squats but not according to any program.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”