Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Vutulaki » Thu May 23, 2024 7:49 am

Som-Pong wrote:Women are supposed to look 15-25.

He meant 18-25

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Thu May 23, 2024 10:07 am

Definitely.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Thu May 23, 2024 11:48 am

last nights training

log press 75kg x 2,4
now that the weather is good the log press is outdoors on the grass. happened to be on an uneven surface and wobbled a lot, didn't feel so strong and only got 2 reps, rested a bit and got another 4

pullups x 12,20,20
shoulders hurt a bit, massaged the upper delt insertion and felt better. Will try to decrease how much work I do on pressing until next month cycle start.

seated EZbar overhead tricep extension 60kg x 20
felt easy, feels like I will be upping reps and then weight on cycle.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Thu May 23, 2024 11:59 am

I miss training martial arts. It has been so long.

I did some punching bag workouts when I was 13-14, and went to a handful of muay thai classes when I was 15. Didn't like the environment and didn't try another club either. Lifted tons of weights, got big and strong and would beat up people in school easily so never felt the need to train martial arts anyway.

A couple years later met Som-Pong and he showed me that I need to train martial arts because one day I might end up fighting a martial artist and get my ass kicked. Did BJJ at a tiny local club and liked training, but it had few members and sometimes no classes because too few showed up. Eventually tried other BJJ clubs but never liked the clientele, especially the enormous egos and people taking this whole tapping out thing too seriously. Also my manual dexterity in my feet and legs is horrible, add to that I can't rotate right leg inward and not left leg outwards, BJJ is not for me, I should just have wrestled and sambo or catch-as-catch-can.

Tried muay thai/kickboxing/boxing at another gym and fell in love. I showed Som-Pong years later and he was surprised. Footwork, timing, fakes, dodge and weaving... but now I have forgotten most of it, whatever is left is in muscle memory. Som pong remember when I showed you in that hotel in Pattaya? Not the ladyboy stuff, the muay thai.

When I have time I will go back to martial arts, at least 2-3 times a week.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu May 23, 2024 12:37 pm

Anastasios wrote:I miss training martial arts. It has been so long.

I did some punching bag workouts when I was 13-14, and went to a handful of muay thai classes when I was 15. Didn't like the environment and didn't try another club either. Lifted tons of weights, got big and strong and would beat up people in school easily so never felt the need to train martial arts anyway.

A couple years later met Som-Pong and he showed me that I need to train martial arts because one day I might end up fighting a martial artist and get my ass kicked. Did BJJ at a tiny local club and liked training, but it had few members and sometimes no classes because too few showed up. Eventually tried other BJJ clubs but never liked the clientele, especially the enormous egos and people taking this whole tapping out thing too seriously. Also my manual dexterity in my feet and legs is horrible, add to that I can't rotate right leg inward and not left leg outwards, BJJ is not for me, I should just have wrestled and sambo or catch-as-catch-can.

Tried muay thai/kickboxing/boxing at another gym and fell in love. I showed Som-Pong years later and he was surprised. Footwork, timing, fakes, dodge and weaving... but now I have forgotten most of it, whatever is left is in muscle memory. Som pong remember when I showed you in that hotel in Pattaya? Not the ladyboy stuff, the muay thai.

What about leg kicks AND ladyboys? (long story)

Anyway malaka when you finally get some time start training again, you have some great gyms in Sweden but even jumping rope, sprinits and bagwork is good

I myself have a son to live vicariously through (thank god)

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri May 24, 2024 6:04 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
Isnt it ironic that you dont need a cert to teach BJJ but one to show middle aged spastics how not to kill themselves on a smith machine?

How much are the certs there? here they are $3500AUD upwards and from what I see and have heard teach you nothing. PTs at my gym have old ladies doing zercher squats in their first month and spend half the time trying to sell the next booking to the client its sad cause I think a lot of them just like having someone pretend to be interested in them and want to chat more than learning how to train. I guess some social interaction is healthy.

I want to get certified, I think it would be a good side hussle, lert us know how you go.

How do you get your leads for the MC stuff? Handing out free week trials is a great hook I think, target the middle ageed fat cunts coming out of Mcdonalds and hand them a pamphlet and get their detailsl

Bro I was talking about adult women lol

LOL... 25 yr old hk chicks can still look 15!

Jesus! 3500 AUD to get a cert? WTF? I'm paying 8800 HKD, which is about a little over 1000 USD for this NFPT cert. But if you check on their website, it's only like 300 something USD for the course and test online. The reason why it's so much here is they actually have classes in Cantonese here for the certification. Plus the gym will refund me half the cost if I stick around for half a year, and the full amount if I'm here for a full year.

Yeah we get pumped hard on education and the thing is that its not a legistlative requirement that you be qualified it turns out. Gyms just insist on it because they are part of the industry body and im sure insurers ask that they do although im not sure about the latter.

Lets think about this, to be a PT you need to know how to assess your client initially, the compound lifts, the body's energy systems/sources, cardio and basic nutrition the average person could become competent in those knowleedge wise in 3-6 months part time say 4 hours a week of study mosst off our courses run for 18 months

We also have a system where you pay the gym rent for which you use their facilities and they feed you leads by offering your services free for an intial consult then take a cut of that too. Its a fucking racket should be a flat rate and the gym feeds you the clients + referrals from existing clients. Anyways good lucck bro, keep us posted, Im on Galt's FB so DM me if you want me to write you a bogus google review once you get started.

The system at this gym is pretty unique compared to what I've seen before. They give you a shit base salary, and you gotta sling memberships and earn commish on both memberships and PTs. They got us, the newbies, out flyering for the first few days. Bullshit job, especially since it was raining bollocks all week. But it's to weed out the slackers. The young guys who went flyering with me quit within 2 days. I stayed and didn't complain, and then they threw me some leads even though we were told they would not do that during the interview. They got me teaching a group class today. And we go through some pretty cool training... like sales training with the gym boss who's like a black belt salesman. Got a sesh in with a former champion bodybuilder, and today with a master nutritionist. So. Shit base salary, but invaluable training to help us earn more commission if we decide to stick with it. I'm barely a week in, so let's see how long I last, LOL

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat May 25, 2024 1:57 am

Anastasios wrote:I miss training martial arts. It has been so long.

My memory is hazy at the best of times but I remember that you'd gotten into the rhythm.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon May 27, 2024 11:13 am

Tried this out tonight.
Lat Pulldowns 2x8 1x@50kg form focus, slow eccentric movement 55 too heavy
Deadlifts 3x10@100kg FORM check, ass out, shoulders back
Bent Over Rows 5x8@60kg head up, no movement
Low Rope Row 5x15@45kg super
Low Row 1x10@55kg feet behind plate
Cable Curls 1x15@15kg, 2x10@25 kg, 5 second eccentric

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue May 28, 2024 5:39 am

Squats 5x5
Leg press 2 x failure

thats it

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Tue May 28, 2024 4:34 pm

Last nights training

bench press
140 x 9,7,6
Fucking awesome form, technique like a hydraulic press

Was supposed to do seal rows and concentration curls, but have been busy as fuck with many nights with little sleep.

Sold the pizzerias Mackapär, got rid of that shit. I am never going to own an old pile of trash like that again. Regardless of mileage, all parts get worn out, rusty, dry. French cars seem unreliable after this experience, and very cheap used ones can't be relied upon. You fix one thing then months later another thing starts nagging.

Borrowed my friends van and carried 280 boxes (5600 cans) of sodas Sunday morning from grocer to basement, on 4 hours of sleep, and full day of work after. That drained a lot of energy. Surprised bench went well Monday night.

Going to do a little less work in the gym this week. Cycle start next week.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”