Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
User avatar
Professor Diet Butcher
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:31 am
Reputation: 2207

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Professor Diet Butcher » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:50 pm

Anastasios wrote:Luigi have you tried doing something like Lock 3 rehab/prehab? Your recurring bicep pain sounds familiar to some kind of impingement and relative weakness of the muscles that pull vs push, especially the smaller muscles.



and start using straps when deadlifting or barbell rows. Who cares if you look like a pussy. Not worth the strain on your biceps.

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:38 am

I cant do straps

One of the things that makes me a commercial gymstar is my isane grip. Years and years of serial sometimes forced mastertbation mean I can pinch grip a red plate and lift it to waist height

Grip has never failed me

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:55 am

Anastasios wrote:Luigi have you tried doing something like Lock 3 rehab/prehab? Your recurring bicep pain sounds familiar to some kind of impingement and relative weakness of the muscles that pull vs push, especially the smaller muscles.


I use 1kg plates to do IYTs and also these rotation things I copied from Martins Licis before every bench session to get all the small muscles warmed up. Perhaps I should be adding something for biceps specifically though.

Speaking of which, I had a big bench session today and my left bicep is once again pretty messed up. I can be certain now that with this new method I can only do 1 session per week so my bicep can rest properly. The session was a great success though, my strength is increasing steadily despite the long breaks.
Image

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:25 pm

I really want some Sabo squat shoes/powerlifting shoes with a heel but we have an embargo here on Russia. Can anyone help me source them? I found a Japanese store that has them but they don't ship to Sweden. I'll pay for reship. Som pong can you order from any webshop that has a size 43 EU?

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:
Anastasios wrote:Luigi have you tried doing something like Lock 3 rehab/prehab? Your recurring bicep pain sounds familiar to some kind of impingement and relative weakness of the muscles that pull vs push, especially the smaller muscles.



and start using straps when deadlifting or barbell rows. Who cares if you look like a pussy. Not worth the strain on your biceps.

I never felt anything at all on biceps when deadlifting. Rowing heavy can make that stuff hurt as do pullups though.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:29 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
An even better enndorsement may be that Ive given up on it, I just cant handle squats and DLs on the same day. JJust leaves me feeling cooked and not in a rewarding way I mean I feel like im getting a combination of the flu and aids post workout after squats/DLs

I do squats and deads on alternating weeks. I can't recover if I go to failure and try to do them both in the same week.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:37 pm

Luigi wrote:I use 1kg plates to do IYTs and also these rotation things I copied from Martins Licis before every bench session to get all the small muscles warmed up. Perhaps I should be adding something for biceps specifically though.

Speaking of which, I had a big bench session today and my left bicep is once again pretty messed up. I can be certain now that with this new method I can only do 1 session per week so my bicep can rest properly. The session was a great success though, my strength is increasing steadily despite the long breaks.

You need strength in the small pulling muscles to match the pushing force. Naturally when you push your scapula will rotate out, think punch or throwing a ball, but now you have to press at a decline and contract and depress the scapula. The muscles that contract and depress the scapula have to match the opposing forces. I am an example of going back and forth with having to do rehab and not being able to get good bench training because with each strength milestone in pressing, those small stabilizers lag behind and before I know it, it's too late and everything is aching and nerves are impinged. For my part simple warmups won't help, I need to go hard as if it's an important exercise of it's own so I can build strength and muscle right there.

My left teres minor is getting better and I am doing a variant of seated external rotations with dumbbells 4 times a week, every time I get a pump and a really hard burnout on these small muscles.

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:03 pm

Anastasios wrote:I really want some Sabo squat shoes/powerlifting shoes with a heel but we have an embargo here on Russia. Can anyone help me source them? I found a Japanese store that has them but they don't ship to Sweden. I'll pay for reship. Som pong can you order from any webshop that has a size 43 EU?

Didn't find anything through my regular shops. I'll ask a Russian friend of mine tomorrow. Sabo powerlifting shoes, size 43?

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:06 pm

Yes, https://sabosports.com/powerlift-pro-red
Powerlift Pro Red or Khaki, 43

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:08 am

Another squat win tonight. Doing solid rep work at 300 lbs now. At the current rate of progression Im like 1 month away from being able to squat all the weight I have in my home gym.
Image


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests