Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby Anastasios » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:22 pm

Last nights workout, was late as hell, only did glute and shoulder rehab and bench press

starfish 0kg x 18, 4kg x 18, 6kg x 18
bench press 140kg x 5, still had sore triceps and pains evenly among all joints but this wasn't much of a strain but kept just a little reserve

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:03 pm

Last nights workout

Side kick red band 3x36
deadlift 165kg x 10
leg press calf raise 100kg x 40 RP 18 RP 16
felt it very slightly in left glute. hope it is just part of the injuries regression and not progression.

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:12 pm

I've been sick for almost a week now. On Friday I was supposed to squat but hadnt deloaded in a while and took the opportunity to do it then since I was sick. I hope it doesnt affect my gains. I didnt use patella tendon straps since the weight was low and according to some youtube person this can help strengthen the tendons. Last night was bench press, and it was really nice to not be on a strenuous program. I went for sets of 5 at 227 lbs mostly paused reps and it was a success. The hardest part was eating enough because of my illness. It makes it hard to eat food, I feel bloated from even small meals. By the time I stopped feeling bloated from dinner it was already like 10pm, then I could finally work out, but still needed 800 calories after.
Image

User avatar
Som-Pong
Posts: 7567
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 am
Reputation: 3877

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:22 pm

Been feeling unable to combine shoulders with legs. Just not enough of supreme power left after squats. So I'll be doing a 5 day program. Any thoughts?

Lat Pulldowns 3x10
Deadlifts 3x8
Barbell Rows 3x8
Lat Prayer 3x10
Dumbbell Rows 3x10

17/1
Tricep Dips 3x
Bench Press 3x5
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8
Dumbbell Skullcrushers 3x8
Flies 3x12

19/1
Squats 3×8
Leg Press 3x12
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x
Leg Curls 3x12
Leg Extensions 3x12

20/1
OH Press 3x12
Lateral Cableraises 3x12
Face Pulls 3x12
Front Raises 3x12

21/1
Chin Ups 3x
Barbell Bicep Curls 3x12
Dumbbell Skullcrushers 3x12
Concentration Curls 3x12
Tricep Pushdowns 3x18

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:12 am

FTR I paid $298 to get the screen replaced on this 2016 laptop just to continue posting here. Train harder fagggots I could have bought a brand new laptop for that much but I dont know my password here or for the fake email I created to sign up here.

You guys are slacking off BIGTIME

User avatar
Luigi
Posts: 4405
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm
Reputation: 3071

Postby Luigi » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:38 am

Masato can you DM the man his password?
Image

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:05 am

Why is everyone online talking about optimum sets per week? shouldnt it be total reps ?

15 x 2 =/= 15 x 8

Even RP and the scientific studies hee cites do this, why? audience?

User avatar
Vutulaki
Posts: 4122
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am
Reputation: 1758

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:07 am

BTW I need to train harder too, recovering fine but "Im ovver 40 and the literature says!" is what I have stuck in my head, fuck that go hard and die from DOMS I say

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:18 pm

Som-Pong wrote:Been feeling unable to combine shoulders with legs. Just not enough of supreme power left after squats. So I'll be doing a 5 day program. Any thoughts?

Lat Pulldowns 3x10
Deadlifts 3x8
Barbell Rows 3x8
Lat Prayer 3x10
Dumbbell Rows 3x10

17/1
Tricep Dips 3x
Bench Press 3x5
Incline Dumbbell Press 3x8
Dumbbell Skullcrushers 3x8
Flies 3x12

19/1
Squats 3×8
Leg Press 3x12
Bulgarian Split Squats 3x
Leg Curls 3x12
Leg Extensions 3x12

20/1
OH Press 3x12
Lateral Cableraises 3x12
Face Pulls 3x12
Front Raises 3x12

21/1
Chin Ups 3x
Barbell Bicep Curls 3x12
Dumbbell Skullcrushers 3x12
Concentration Curls 3x12
Tricep Pushdowns 3x18

Easy to answer this one. Train with the style I showed you 16 years ago. You only need one exercise per movement. You have a horizontal press, pull, vertical press, pull, then squat and deadlift. That's bench, rows, military press, pullups. You only need to do one exercise of each movement. When you stagnate week after week doing an exercise, change to a variation of it slightly lower than last best and continue with progressive overload over the coming weeks. After that you only need a handful of extra exercises like curls, extensions, laterals and seated/standing calf raises, and then maybe some single leg or even single arm exercises to be more symmetric and have better transversal stability and strength. Check next post regarding volume.

Anastasios
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
Reputation: 227

Postby Anastasios » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:40 pm

Vutulaki wrote:Why is everyone online talking about optimum sets per week? shouldnt it be total reps ?

15 x 2 =/= 15 x 8

Even RP and the scientific studies hee cites do this, why? audience?

In these social media times the big names don't speak hard facts, they speak to the masses. They also make simple things complicated.

Optimal number of sets depends on intensity, difficulty of exercises and frequency. There are genetic factors to this too, some can strain harder until more muscle fibers are exhausted with less volume, some can recover faster et.c.

I challenge everybody to try my method as in the post above where you do one exercise per main movements and then as much auxiliary work as you need to make the training regimen complete. Do as many sets as you need to feel that you are exhausted in that movement and performance drops - you have pumps, technique is deteriorating and strength is several reps less without the possibility of resting more minutes to duplicate the last set.

Also, instead of doing endless sets, try the HIT techniques I've been posting. On some exercises rest pauses, on some dropsets. You can also shock muscles with pre exhausts. Compare the feeling both during training and the day after when you're sore. Never forget progressive overload, it's the only way to keep yourself in check regarding intensity, you will always lie to yourself otherwise.


Return to “Anarchy Zone”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests