Anyone had any experience with DYI edibles?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki-san

Anyone had any experience with DYI edibles?

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:02 am

I want to start injesting instead of smoking due to asthma.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:37 am

You use cannabutter, that's about all I know. It's funny, the city just banned the sale of edibles here - from now on dispensaries can only sell cooking oil for people to make their own and some places are currently offering cooking lessons to their members. Of course I hate edibles so...anyway it's funny you bring up edibles now. Not 'haha' funny. Just , you know...
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:42 am

I used to see people in line at the Green Cross buy like 20 grams of 'sugarleaf' for a buck a gram, that was obviously to cook with. But how to actually cook? Again, I don't like eating them personally, but bet it's pretty easy to find the plant material you need and learn online.
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:25 am

Its actually not easy to find "bush bud here and since my guy gets doesn’t buy in serious bulk he doesn't have any kif or shake I believe it's called in America.

Ill find a way around that. Ill start with canabutter i remember how to do it from high school. Boil the weed in water add a tub of butter walit till the butter turns green then freeze till the butter cakes on top then cook something that needs butter.

SenseiMillia from Stockton from the OG reckons that you can even use it as a herb in your speggetti sauce. Ohhh save some if the butter then cook muffins with the rest then top each muffin with a stick of the butter when they are hot out of the oven.

Im an ideas man.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:19 am

Mega you cant not like this surely? This meets my needs to a T.

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:48 am

I just don't enjoy the edible buzz Vutu. I get way to gooned on it to function, it's not at all like a smoking or a vape buzz. Hits me like a strong opioid, many people do actually like it better though, hopefully you wind up being one of those. Whatever you do, don't waste prime bud to make cannabudder - use bottoms. You'll find this quite an adventure learning to titrate the correct dosage. Your gonna get way too high a few times along the way, haha. That's unavoidable.

This little piece explains how to decarboxylate (separate the cannabinoids from the plant matter)

Get started with marijuana edibles by making cannabis-infused butter.

If you want to make marijuana edibles and don’t know where to begin, your best bet is to prepare a batch of cannabis-infused butter, or cannabutter. By infusing cannabis with butter, you can easily turn any recipe into a marijuana-infused dish.

Never made cannabutter before? Luckily, it’s incredibly simple if you follow the right recipe.

The entire process usually take a few hours, though, so be warned. But once you have a batch of cannabutter, you’ll be able to whip up any marijuana-infused food within minutes.

How It Works

Making cannabutter involves separating the active ingredients – the cannabinoids – from cannabis and infusing it with a solvent; in this case, butter.

Butter is recommended for this process because cannabinoids, such as THC, are fat-soluble and don’t mix well with water. Cannabinoids also require heat in order to be activated, which is why you can’t use raw cannabis to make edibles.

Specifically, heat transforms THCA into THC through a chemical process called decarboxylation. Without decarboxylating your cannabis first, it won’t have the same effects.

Use the recipe below and you’ll have fresh, homemade cannabutter that can be enjoyed as part of any marijuana-infused food, ranging from brownies and cookies to soup and tea.

Cannabutter Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1/2 ounce cannabis (ground or raw)
2 cups water
Metal strainer
Medium pan

Directions
1. Add water and butter to pan over medium heat. Make sure there is enough water to create a layer between the butter and the bottom of the pan. Use extra water if necessary.
2. Add cannabis to pan and mix thoroughly.
3. Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. If mixture starts to boil, reduce heat.

4. Allow pan to cool before straining into bowl or container.
5. Place mixture in fridge overnight. The butter will separate from the water and rise to the top.
6. Once butter has risen to top, remove from fridge. Peel off the chunks with a fork or knife and place in separate container.

Congratulations, you’re now ready to make edibles! When it comes to dosing, it’s best to start with small amounts and move up gradually. Any extra cannabutter can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 months.

Remember, the effects of edibles last much longer than smoking or vaporizing. While usually delayed by 30-60 minutes, the effects can last for 8 hours or more.

Quick & Easy Edibles

If you’re not sure what to do with your very first batch of cannabutter, there’s no need to fret. Here’s a list of edible recipes that are great for beginners:

1. Cheesy Garlic Bread
2. Medicated Waffles
3. Pot Brownies
4. Cream of Cannabis Soup
5. French Toast
6. Marijuana Tea

There are some pictures I didn't bother to include as well as some recipes and a detailed explanation of the decarboxylation process at the link:

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/10/02/make-cannabutter/
el rey del mambo

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:17 am

Fair enough what's vaping like?

What

Postby What » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:17 am

http://www.leafscience.com/2014/02/04/s ... ad-asthma/

Vutu I have heard that pot can help open the capillaries, which close and tighten up, which is why asthmatics have attacks.

good luck in your search for relief

What

Postby What » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:23 am

Lord Vutulaki wrote:Fair enough what's vaping like?

vaping give you the same sort of high effect as smoking

get a "volcano" or a highly rated one. they all perform differently and deliver a different intensity

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:28 am

When I want to get the edible high which is as Uncle Mega says more of a lax one. I just hack it real fine, mix it with peanut butter, put it on some foil and in the oven it goes. I ain't fancy like you fags though.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”