Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion Thread (with SPOILERS)

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki-san

Star Wars Episode 7 Discussion Thread (with SPOILERS)

Postby Vutulaki-san » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:44 am

Turanian Trashtalker wrote:I am a proud Canadophobe.

However, this is not due to any personal beef with Canadians. Canadians are good people, on the whole. It's because they do nothing to offend anybody, ever.

Fuck those guys.

Wilson offends with his brutally stupid opinions all the time

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:11 am

However, this is not due to any personal beef with Canadians. Canadians are good people, on the whole. It's because they do nothing to offend anybody, ever.

Fuck those guys.

im gonna go out on a limb here and say you haven't spent any significant amount of time in Canada have you lol
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Turanian Trashtalker

Postby Turanian Trashtalker » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:51 am

I've visited Vancouver. That doesn't count though.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:12 am

Go watch trailer park boys. I grew up where those guys are from. That show is eerily accurate. And not nearly as uncommon as you'd think
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:28 am

Small town Canadians are 1000% more badass that city-Canadians, this is fact.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:40 am

I watched Star Wars about a week ago.

My head is still reeling from it, going over in my head.

I thought it was brilliant, but almost to the point that I had been manipulated, lol

At first I was a bit surprised how many of the EXACT SAME images, story plots, and script structure as Episode IV... what with the hidden plans in the droid coming to a desert planet, etc

But then I realized that what Abrams did was find all the triggers and keys that the fans were missing and wanted to see/feel again, and led us right in with them like a trail of breadcrumbs. He played on the nostalgia perfectly, bringing us along on some parallel story that FELT FAMILIAR from the start.

From then he wove together a perfectly crafted script, and by the end I was predictably elated.

Very cool film, gives me much faith in the power of a properly constructed script that understands the psychology and technical craft of how to move an audience. Its like we were all hypnotized or something.

As for the inter-race issue, I frankly can't see it as anything sinister that should concern. Star Wars is at its core a mythical story, meaning that as a myth it hits the collective consciousness and archetypes that help us orient ourselves in this mystery called life. Natural or imposed, and regardless of one's political views, it is my feeling that inter-race relations are at the heart of that collective experience right now, even the scripts I am writing contain these elements, (as does a leading strong female role, which is also criticized by those shouting Cultural Marxism)...

Of course all good things in us are always twisted and taken advantage of by the agendas of the elites (environmentalism, desires to end racism/sexism etc) but that doesn't make them at their core values or inspiration to be wrong or despised. This movie feels natural to me and I think (amazingly) succeeded in creating a new myth for the fans.

Not an easy thing to do.

It got my thumbs up, I can't wait for the next one.

*** WHO is the chick character? And how is it that she has these force powers?? I am hoping this is still unexplained because if it was in the film I was too dusted to pick up on it, lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:43 am

Still has the good vs evil / Light vs Darkside theme though

I know this is Star Wars, but imo this duality is what's holding us back right now as a species.

The stories I'm writing have these 2 kind of 'sides' coming together in the end, which is what I think people need to hear about.
Wish me luck :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:00 am

OK

So twice in the theatres, & I just bought the DVD and watched it twice more already while working. This morning a phone call got delayed so I got to enjoy the last half on full screen

that's 4 times now and I want more / this thing is growing on me.

At first I thought it was a well-done gimmick flick, but somehow it seems they have succeeded in creatibg the kind of movie that really does get better the more times you see it.

Did some research on some of the characters in the film, some backstory etc.

I am so hooked its embarrassing, lol

This film is rich with subtleties, many echoes of words/images/themes... they are weaving a grand tale I am sure of it.

Go back and watch again if you like Star Wars, there is much more to be seen than on just 1 viewing.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:20 pm

Haven't seen this yet, not sure if I will, I have however just show the first star wars and the empire strikes back to my son and he loved it. You can't say there are too many movies from the seventies that will hold a child's interest in this day and age. But my God is the acting horrible in these movies...lol

Winnson

Postby Winnson » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Vutulaki-san wrote:

Fuck those guys.

Wilson offends with his brutally stupid opinions all the time

Your mother sucks the devil's cock. What are you going to do?

This is out in HD everywhere online but I would rather not waste the time on it.

Star Wars died with the prequels.

If you enjoy this new Disney boost then good for you. That's terrific.

I was grateful for the original, and could even handle the two sequels. That was Star Wars.

I don't know or care what is currently happening with this franchise bullshit.

And yes, spoiler alert:

Vutu's mum does in fact suck the devil's cock.

It is what it is.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”