South Korea's educated elite learning to be welders

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Vutulaki-san

South Korea's educated elite learning to be welders

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:36 am

Som-Pong wrote:Drunken, dreamless sleep. The other day I dreamed that I was in Northeastern India. Hyenas were roaming the streets.

Haha thats one way to put it, like a drop of water returning to the ocean is another.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 am

I really like that.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:43 am

I actually like your version more right now cause thats where Im headed tonight.

1L bottle of wine for $4 washed down with 4 beers and a extra hot chicken on the bone curry with rice and riata

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:51 am

Turanian Trashtalker wrote:I know for a fact no "educated elites" are leaving South Korea

Nobody who has graduated from a SKY university or who has a decent job is bothering to leave, it's all those useless strivers who covet a Seoul lifestyle and can't afford it who want something better, and you can't always find that abroad. Fucking 80-90% of the young generation enrolls in college, to the point that a university degree is worthless, unless you graduated from a SKY or Postech / KAIST

Fucking gae seki who speaks gutter level English and took the Suneung twice thinks that he can make it as a doctor in Canada? Get real.

net migration to the United States has dropped down to a trickle, like thousands per year. People are constantly coming and leaving.

Fucking brain dead cut and pasta here, again

Translation note: The Korean term, gye [계(契)], is a type of club where each member pitches in a small amount of money in order to accumulate enough for a large financial goal. Either the members use the club funds for a group purpose (such as a trip), or the club funds are used to fund each individual member on a rotating basis.

Kim Hyo-won(26) graduated from a prestigious women’s university in Seoul and is working at a financial company in Yeouido. Last year she organized an emigration ‘gye’ with four of her friends to financially prepare for moving to Finland. Every month they must transfer five hundred thousand won as dues, in accordance with a rule they set themselves. So far they have saved about ten million won. All the members are “S” University, “Y” University, and other prestigious university graduates and now working at companies that pay them well. Kim emphasized, “After I enter a graduate school in Finland, I will settle down there. It’s different from Korea. I would expect to be able to enjoy my free time after work in Finland.”

“Emigration Fever” has been spreading like wildfire among young people in their 20s who have just started working. They organize ‘gye’ for preparing their finances, and also share key information about emigration including foreign language study resources.

To become suitable immigrants, some of them are learning new skills needed in their country of choice.

Lee Sang-ho(29) has been working in the human resource department at a major company after graduating with a liberal arts major at “S” University. Every weekend he goes to an automobile mechanical engineering institute. He is planning on completing an automobile mechanics and maintenance certificate in order to move to Northern Europe as a skilled migrant. Skilled migrants have an easier time obtaining permanent residency than regular applicants.

A spokesperson for a welding institute for people who want to move to Canada let said, “We have everyone from England’s elite ‘Oxbridge’ (a word combining Oxford and Cambridge) Economics Ph.D.’s, to Seoul National University graduates. Can’t help but be surprised that such highly educated people like this are studying welding to be able to emigrate.”

Denmark, Sweden and other Northern European countries, which are known for their good welfare systems, are the most preferred immigration destinations among recent graduates in Korea. According to the report about the current status of overseas Koreans by the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs and Trade, the number of Korean people living in Denmark grew from 239 in 2011 to 538 in 2013, showing a 83.6 percent increase.

The reasons for emigrating to developed countries is simple. They find that living in Korea is getting tougher every day, especially for the younger generation thanks to the rising cost of education, reduced pension benefits, and the high cost of housing. Beyond these, the Korean social focus on competition – working late-night overtime at the office, [competition] in a recession, and severe stress are influencing the desire to emigrate. As every nation becomes more globalized, the walls that were built between countries are breaking down. Younger people worry less about going to a new environment and learning a new language than those from older generations.

Last year Lee Chang-min(29), a graduate from Seoul National University, left a company he had worked at for two years to move abroad. He had worked in the strategy and marketing department and made a decent salary. The starting salary at the company was about 40 million won. However, he and his wife decided to move to a new country after considering the cost of child-rearing and education.

Experts say younger people choosing to move abroad in the global era should be welcomed. However, they need to be aware of leaving Korea without a definite plan. Oh Jeong-eun, a manager of research and training at the International Organization for Migration and Migration Research and Training Center, said, “It is still quiet an outlier for a skilled migrant to find a better life abroad. There is no particular reason for developed countries to employ Koreans. The younger generation should make a careful and considered judgement on whether or not they will emigrate.”

Some people see the emigration fever among Koreans in their 20s as an expression of their disappointment in the realities of living in Korea. Jeong Dong-il, professor of business administration at Yonsei University emphasized, “Young people want to leave because of the perceived inability to reach their potential within Korea. The government should set up some countermeasures, with Korea 20 years from now in mind. Also, companies should give opportunities to young people who are open-minded about new experiences, and have excellent foreign language skills.”

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:55 am

Vutulaki-san wrote:I actually like your version more right now cause thats where Im headed tonight.

1L bottle of wine for $4 washed down with 4 beers and a extra hot chicken on the bone curry with rice and riata

Sounds fucking excellent. I got extra special drunk last night. I have an hour more to kill at work then it's off for a private class. Will have dinner and head to the Yaa Dong bar after that. Really pissed this Indian joint in my neighborhood closed down, they had buffets on Fri, Sat, Sun for 199 baht.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:56 am

"A spokesperson for a welding institute for people who want to move to Canada let said, “We have everyone from England’s elite ‘Oxbridge’ (a word combining Oxford and Cambridge) Economics Ph.D.’s, to Seoul National University graduates. Can’t help but be surprised that such highly educated people like this are studying welding to be able to emigrate.”

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:57 am

Som-Pong wrote:
Vutulaki-san wrote:I actually like your version more right now cause thats where Im headed tonight.

Sounds fucking excellent. I got extra special drunk last night. I have an hour more to kill at work then it's off for a private class. Will have dinner and head to the Yaa Dong bar after that. Really pissed this Indian joint in my neighborhood closed down, they had buffets on Fri, Sat, Sun for 199 baht.

A proper alkie always gets drunk before eating, I cant get drunk on a full stomach

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:03 am

If I didn't have the private class I would. I'll have dinner around 21:00 tonight, a late one.

Vutulaki-san

Postby Vutulaki-san » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:19 am

Always drink first, eating is cheating.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:26 am

Following rules defeats the purpose of my drinking.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”