The Parenting Thread...

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: The Parenting Thread...

Postby Masato » Wed May 18, 2022 2:27 pm

Shinkicker wrote:How is everyone’s kids doing?

My boys are 19 and 17. Time flies, doesn’t it?

My oldest is in college full time. He has a job as a personal trainer. He trains, lol. He had his first Muay Thai competition last year. He has a kickboxing match in August and his first MMA fight in November.

I see mma different now that my child is doing it. It kinda disgusts me.

On the flip side, he smokes marijuana, does mushrooms, has a different girlfriend every few weeks and parties a lot.

My youngest is doing great in what he loves. He won State tournament in Air Rifle competition. He is still determined to join the marines.

He is my good son. Straight laced. No drugs and doesn’t drink.

They both sound great to me

I would also worry about the combat sports :(

My kids are 18 and 14. Both are in early relationships. Trying to understand why I'm more nervous about my daughter (18) than the son. Whenever boys come around her my instinct is to fend them all off but I know that's unreasonable. I try to be civil but this beast inside me wants to thrash them all lol
I have not met her boyfriend yet they just starting dating or whatever like a week or 2 ago.
I met my son's girlfriend and she seems sweet.

Daughter REALLY enjoys socializing, for her school and getting a job is way low on her priority list. It's been tough to keep her on track just to not fail her classes. She graduates this year but is always on the brink of fucking up a class or two because she skips on schoolwork to go have fun. But I think she's OK

My son I don't worry about, although my daughter insists that he is hiding his own dirt and is playing us as parents hardcore lol
He doesn't do BJJ anymore but is enjoying lifting

Also my nephew from Brasil is living with us now, he's 18 but you'd think he's like early 20's he's quite mature. He trains BJJ with me now and loves it. He is currently illegal in Canada and wants to take a course that's like 14K and we don't know exactly what to do for him yet lol

So I basically have 3 full on teenagers in my house.

How did I get here? Honestly it happened so fast I feel like I'm in a Twilight zone lol
Teenage years are weird for parents I think. Sudden disconnect after so many years of being so closely connected...
disorienting

All in all I think we're doing OK

Keep going Shinkicker, you inspire me about this stuff believe it or not

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Wed May 18, 2022 11:28 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:How is everyone’s kids doing?

My boys are 19 and 17. Time flies, doesn’t it?

My oldest is in college full time. He has a job as a personal trainer. He trains, lol. He had his first Muay Thai competition last year. He has a kickboxing match in August and his first MMA fight in November.

I see mma different now that my child is doing it. It kinda disgusts me.

On the flip side, he smokes marijuana, does mushrooms, has a different girlfriend every few weeks and parties a lot.

My youngest is doing great in what he loves. He won State tournament in Air Rifle competition. He is still determined to join the marines.

He is my good son. Straight laced. No drugs and doesn’t drink.

- He is a dude-bro?
Do you think the younger is on a more successful path?

I can’t say that. The older is more competitive by nature. I hope that helps him on the ‘real life’ side of things.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 31, 2022 2:11 pm

Moving my daughter into her 1st apartment today. She starts college in a week.

1 hr from where we live.

Crazy days. I don't know how I got here lol

Wish us luck!! Exciting day.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:11 am

OMG

Mine come home for the summer and just went back. I went through all the emotions again! Dammit.

Do you have her on some kind of app where you can see her location?

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:04 am

Shinkicker wrote:Do you have her on some kind of app where you can see her location?

Fucken white people, let your kids swear at you when they are young then treat them like babies when they get grown

Almost like youre making up for something

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:58 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:Do you have her on some kind of app where you can see her location?

Fucken white people, let your kids swear at you when they are young then treat them like babies when they get grown

I have a friend, my niece, sister, and my mom on that app, too. Is that weird?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:56 pm

No, I don't have an app like that for her.

I think it's important for kids my daughter's age to truly be on their own, just knowing their whearabouts is open for mom and dad to see I think influences the experience of going off to college. I want her to taste that freedom.

I think it's good practice for parents too, we have to let go eventually, no?
I can see the benefits though if everyone is cool with it.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:28 am

Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Yes it is but I was referring to the way whites raise their kids as opposed to jews and asians. You guys need to keep them in check until 18 then they are on their own. Ive noticed whites especially middle to old white women are always up in their adult kid's business and then wonder when they shoud have done that when they were young not when its too late.

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:30 am

Vutulaki wrote:
Shinkicker wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

Yes it is but I was referring to the way whites raise their kids as opposed to jews and asians. You guys need to keep them in check until 18 then they are on their own. Ive noticed whites especially middle to old white women are always up in their adult kid's business and then wonder when they shoud have done that when they were young not when its too late.

I know right!

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:55 am

Masato wrote:No, I don't have an app like that for her.

I think it's important for kids my daughter's age to truly be on their own, just knowing their whearabouts is open for mom and dad to see I think influences the experience of going off to college. I want her to taste that freedom.

I think it's good practice for parents too, we have to let go eventually, no?
I can see the benefits though if everyone is cool with it.

I respect that. I’m still keeping mine as long as I can though. Lol

Return to “Anarchy Zone”