White people have fucked the world up and its karma time

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Luigi

Re: White people have fucked the world up and its karma time

Postby Luigi » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Masato wrote:
Luigi wrote:Yeah I agree we have a huge amount that connects us. It reminds me of how before the axial age basically everyone had a variant of the same religion.

Yet Peterson argues that the differences WITHIN a certain group (Christians, Pagans, Blacks, Whites, Muslims etc) are far deeper than whatever similarities that bind them. Within that group you have massive variants of personalities and traits that are so different from each other that it almost seems meaningless to try to suggest or predict similarity just because of the bigger 'grouping'. He says that's why racism is dumb because you can't possibly claim to project any specific trait onto a population so different from one another.

Another interesting thing is that he fervently claims that studies have shown that if given equal OPPORTUNITY, the differences between groups actually become MORE exemplified (ie; in a society where men and women are treated absolutely equal/zero discrimination, the gender roles become more pronounced, women start doing women things and vice versa, naturally. He says the leftist sociologists are mad because they keep trying to prove that gender is a social construct, and expect that if given equal opportunity the gender roles will disappear, but they don't they actually get stronger, lol

Or so says Jordan Peterson, take it for what you will.

I think gender roles is a mix of social construct and also nature/divine plan. Hard to say which is which these days but anyone who says its either or is being silly imo lol

One thing we have to understand about the term racism is that it was invented specifically to subvert nations that act in the interests of their ethnic group. A more neutral description of the concept would be ethnocentrism, with the more traditional Archie Bunker racism being negative ethnocentrism and the more modern abstract racism simply referring to any ethnocentrism. With that said, the argument here seems to have the built in assumption that the function of ethnocentrism/racism is to predict similarities in arbitrary traits. Despite groupings(ethnic, religion, etc) being often pretty good at that, I dont think its the reason people categorize themselves in groups and then act in the interest of those groups. In my opinion people do this simply because they find groups meaningful. As with anything people find meaningful, it will manifest in a great variety of behaviors, some of which are ugly.

I know what he is referring to with the equal opportunity studies, an example is in Sweden over 95% of veterinary students are female, higher than any other country, presumably because of their equal opportunity measures. I also remember an Israeli study where they raised babies with zero exposure to culture depicting gender hoping the kids would then play with different toys in the same ratio as the other biological sex, but actually it just magnified the differences in ratios.

I agree its pretty much always a case of nature and nurture and not simply one of them.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:36 am

Im a proud racist, fuck your worthless whore mum

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:11 am

Lol you don’t even have a race.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:16 am

How was the begging today? sold any of your students off to old white americans yet? (Yes I know about that)

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:22 am

I don’t know any Americans.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”