Gone Till Aug 3

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Gone Till Aug 3

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:04 pm

Then we drove to Summerland (Okanagan). We rented a cheap Air BnB on a farm to give the kids a break from us/the RV, and do some laundry etc. Was a cool place overlooking Lake Okanagan:

NO MASKS ANYWHERE, lol
I forgot to mention maybe I'll discuss in another thread but Alberta and BC had NO MASK MANDATES. Restaurants, supermarkets, stores, etc etc NO MASKS. Maybe 5-10% of paranoids still wear but very few. Even the Alberta airport had no mandates, everyone had no masks.
It was really amazing and reminded me how abnormal masks are that we are dangerously getting used to

Hired a local to take us out wakeboarding/wakesurfing for a few hours. tons of fun. Wakeboarding was pretty easy for me but the falls were harder than I thought lol. I was starting to figure out wakesurfing but time is $ lol and I had to give the kids their turns. I could happily spend a week out on a lake someday doing more of it. I would like to get better.

Lil Mas wakeboarding:

Daughter learning to wakesurf:

Me:

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:05 pm

Then we drove to the ferry to go to the Island.
We got stranded in Delta for a while (some mixups with car rentals/taxis), and some nice ladies were so cool they brought us a few bags with snacks and drinks and beer and coolers, lol

Those ferries to the Island are like dying and going to heaven lol

Swimming hole near Victoria my brother took us to:

We visited there for a week with my brother and my dad. They recently moved in together along with my brother's partner and her son... They are like this new family now it was so amazing to see, somehow perfect for everyone. It had been a rough bunch of years for them so to see the new life all together as a new family structure was miraculous.

Hike up to a small peak overlooking Victoria:

My brother sitting near the top:

Another day we hiked to Juan de Fuca park / Botanical Beach. Gorgeous trail down to the raw pacific coast. Tide was out so the rocks are filled with tide pools you can look in them and see lots of little creatures and such

my daughter:

I took this pic in a restaurant in Nakusp, but I thought it summed up the trip pretty well :D :

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:07 pm

- It's good to see you back.
Look's like a beautiful place.

No mask mandate and you'r family all wearing masks? :shock:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:49 pm

We never take them off. Its like a Mandalorian thing, lol
This is the way :D

But seriously it was so nice. We even went to the big mall in Edmonton, no masks if you don't want, maybe less than 10% still choosing. Supermarkets almost everyone including staff no masks. We played pool in Victoria too, packed everyone shooting pool and drinking no masks. The staff had masks but told us it was not mandated.

Coming back to Ontario seems so weird, still paranoia everywhere, like they still don't see that the rest of the world is getting on already

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:22 pm

That looked awesome, glad you guys hadfun
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:58 pm

what an ugly cuntry

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:17 am

Nice photos Masato. I'm glad you enjoyed your return to God's country.

Good timing too I might add. The Okanagan Valley is on fire and Kelowna has been locked down with covid restrictions again; you barely missed that. You won't pass through unvaccinated again without big problems. And the fires are a disaster, it's pretty smoky down here even.
el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:44 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:Nice photos Masato. I'm glad you enjoyed your return to God's country.

Good timing too I might add. The Okanagan Valley is on fire and Kelowna has been locked down with covid restrictions again; you barely missed that. You won't pass through unvaccinated again without big problems. And the fires are a disaster, it's pretty smoky down here even.

Yep I think I missed Okanagan lockdown by just a day or 2.

We also missed the smoke in the rockies by a day or 2.

And the new no-vax/no-fly tyranny by just a couple weeks :?

My timing is impeccable, lol :D

My buddy is in Vancouver now he says its clear

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:55 am

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:14 am

Fat Jewish pig

Return to “Anarchy Zone”