Saw new Dr Strange

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Saw new Dr Strange

Postby Masato » Tue May 24, 2022 2:28 pm

Found a cheap theatre in Hamilton with amazing reclining seats. Highly recommended.

Best part was all the hobos and junkies we had to step over to get inside, lol Hamilton is so wild like that. Dudes doing all kinds of fucked up shit everywhwere

I hate Disney but am a sucker for a lot of these Marvel stuffs. Hadn't been to a cinema since before covid, restrictions just recently lifted here

Anyways I thought it was pretty badass lol

I am going to make Disney Propaganda Bingo cards for everyone next time we go, we can bring bingo dabbers and play along to the movies from now on how many blatantly inserted bits of cultural propaganda you can score along the way :D :D

I don't know how but somehow I managed to separate that from the film and didn't get all militant about it (I usually do).
If this is at all possible in your mind, the move was pretty fuckin cool lol

It's not any great story or character-drama etc, but if you like a well-paced rollercoaster full of Marvel goodness then there you go. Lots of connections to other stories and Marvel history

I would recommend watching WANDAVISION first. It made it a lot better for me

I am pumped to see the next THOR movie, it looks fucking hilarious.
I'll have the bingo cards ready ;)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 24, 2022 2:35 pm

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 24, 2022 2:35 pm

I am also going to watch the new KENOBI show.

I'm so ashamed :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :? :? :?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 24, 2022 2:40 pm

I know Disney is evil but all the non-evil people just trying to make good comic book movies have done some really great creative things with this Marvel universe imo, its all overdone but it's pretty amazing if you like stories and comics and mythologies etc

The ads for THOR is already making me laugh lolol

PS: What is the ORIGINAL source of that shiny font? It's a clear throwback to old 80's stuff but it looks so specific but I can't remember where I've seen it before

If anyone can dig up where they are ripping it off from it would be appreciated! :D

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed May 25, 2022 12:14 am

Thundercats maybe
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 25, 2022 3:14 pm

Canuckster wrote:Thundercats maybe

Nope. It's driving me crazy.

This is a specific ripoff of something, I'm 90% sure. But I don't know what it is

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed May 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Saw Dr. Strange about 2 weeks ago... did you know it's banned in China over a scene that featured an Epoch Times newspaper box?

I wonder if Morbius is any good.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 25, 2022 6:23 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:Saw Dr. Strange about 2 weeks ago... did you know it's banned in China over a scene that featured an Epoch Times newspaper box?

I wonder if Morbius is any good.

I heard there was also some controversy over trying to delete the LGBTQ content

Why would Marvel/Disney feature an Epoch Times? That's kind of weird.. no?

is that true?

hmmm

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun May 29, 2022 8:16 pm

Masato wrote:I know Disney is evil but all the non-evil people just trying to make good comic book movies have done some really great creative things with this Marvel universe imo, its all overdone but it's pretty amazing if you like stories and comics and mythologies etc

The ads for THOR is already making me laugh lolol

PS: What is the ORIGINAL source of that shiny font? It's a clear throwback to old 80's stuff but it looks so specific but I can't remember where I've seen it before

If anyone can dig up where they are ripping it off from it would be appreciated! :D

Tron?

Transformers?

Shinkicker

Postby Shinkicker » Sun May 29, 2022 8:18 pm

The picture reminds me of He-man.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”