Seeing Sam Tripoli tonight

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Seeing Sam Tripoli tonight

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:04 pm

So my bud calls out the blue yesterday with 2 tickets to see Sam Tripoli but his date fell through

Going tonight in Toronto. Nice surprise, I'm stoked

I'm not too familiar with him but I know he's big into conspiracy stuff and not afraid to follow it through (although sometimes I wonder if he's mocking it?)
Also just a good opportunity to go to the city, some fresh social and see a show, can't say no to that

I'm secretly hoping all hell breaks loose tonight lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:11 pm

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:46 pm

Have a good time! Take pics for the forum?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:00 pm

Yeah, he asked me yesterday, but I'm working nights on a job for a couple days, couldn't make it, have fun!
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:35 am

Masato wrote:

They had a few podcasts since then, I think Owen was on Tinfoil hat(1-2 times) and they hashed it out.
I think Sam has to be careful with Jewis h stuff because he lives in Hollywood and has a je wish older lady as his steady gal the last 20 years. Hence their differences and "beef".

Haven't seen his standup but he is a pretty funny dude from what I have seen

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:28 am

You know you can say jew right

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:06 pm

Great show. Always fun to go to the big city and see some thangz

The place was TINY, somehow we scored the best seats in the house, 1 of only 2 tables in the whole place. Everyone else was crammed into foldup chairs.

This is Tripoli on stage (I think lol). I don't like using phones during live performances but I snapped this one discreetly then put it away. Sorry its not clearer

Yesterday was perhaps the real first summer day here, it was amazing. After the show it was still warm, everyone was in shorts no problem hanging out for the first time like since September.

We ate some jerk and shawarma on the street, my friend got to chat with Tripoli for like 20 minutes, which was cool for him cuz he listens to his podcast regularly and was a real fan. Tripoli seems to make that part of his show, to go out and chat with people on the street. I was getting the shawarma lol so I wasn't there but my friend said he was super chill and respectful.

I think a big part of Tripoli's act is a genuine desire to get the truth out there. He's not just being a comedian for attention or money or even jokes, I think he has a desire to preach the word so to speak. He hit many conspiracy nerves in his set, and seemed most concerned after the show to talk about it with the crowd. He's not afraid to follow the breadcrumbs to their fullest, he's pretty far down the rabbit hole it's refreshing.

He was pretty funny too, good set. He must have been on for almost an hour I think

I gave him one of my books :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:33 pm

Rambo John J wrote:
Masato wrote:

They had a few podcasts since then, I think Owen was on Tinfoil hat(1-2 times) and they hashed it out.
I think Sam has to be careful with Jewis h stuff because he lives in Hollywood and has a je wish older lady as his steady gal the last 20 years. Hence their differences and "beef".

Haven't seen his standup but he is a pretty funny dude from what I have seen

Just watching this clip now

Interesting Owen B has issues with Jordan Peterson. Says he wants to debate him

I wonder what his problem is with JP?

Seems like a lot of drama

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:05 pm

Som-Pong wrote:You know you can say jew right

Yes

I am aware

Masato
Site Admin