Brazil Roadtrip 2023

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

Re: Brazil Roadtrip 2023

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 21, 2023 9:59 pm

Beautiful pics man, and not a chemtrail in the sky in any of your shots.......looked. Like a lot of fun
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sun May 21, 2023 11:26 pm

It's a living country

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 22, 2023 1:00 pm

The next day we woke up and went to the old part of the city. Hundreds of years of history in this city, it's pretty weird as a Canadian to see

There was a weird Alcatraz looking building half a mile from the shore, it was explained that it was where the slave ships would drop off their slaves from Europe/Africa etc before taking them to the market. Many would have been ill from the boat conditions, or had already died. The surviving stock would be held there until ready for sale. Anyways that building is still there, it just sits right in the main port. Super weird
I didn't take a picture of it
...but if you turned 90degrees to the right from this picture you'd see it out there in the water

I forget how old this thing is but its pretty old lol. Was used to lift goods from the boats below to the city above. The history here is almost palpable in the air

Anyways here is the old part of Salvador. I'd been here before 20 years ago, in the sunlight it is a color wonderland. But this day was cloudy so it was almost unrecognizable lol

We found this church that is like 350 years old that claims the inside to be all gold. It kinds looks like it and is damn amazing but I think a lot of it was just golden paint lol Maybe I'm wrong but it would have been a lot of gold lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 22, 2023 1:06 pm

Then we finally got the rental car and started driving north.
GPS fucking rules, I don't know what else to say. I almost can't believe people used to do road trips without them back in the day lol

Here is some place that had a Turtle preservation sanctuary or something like that. But it was not the time of turtle season for much to see. Was a cool little town and beach though

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 22, 2023 1:16 pm

Next stop was ARACAJU

We came in late at night. Driving at night in Brazil is weird because night time there is somehow WAY darker than in Canada. The sun goes down and there is simply no more light lol its dark as fuck.

Here is a skatepark I found walking around at night by the beach after we arrived.

Hotel view from Aracaju

The beach was huge, and nobody was there lol

My kids wanted to surf, so we found a local surf teacher to give them a lesson. He said he had some suit job but recently gave it all up to teach surfing to tourists and apparently it was a good decision lol

My son however pulled his shoulder out from a previous injury. We couldn't pop it back in so my wife took the kids to the hospital and sent me back to the hotel. I did not complain lol and finished this book by the pool until they were back :D :D
The book is excellent by the way, I might make a thread about it one day

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 22, 2023 1:30 pm

Next stop was Maceió

View from hotel room - across from another skatepark :D

View from the hotel top floor:

There are some top beaches around here so we drover around and found a few. Spectacular indeed

BRAZIL HAS THE BEST FOOD IN THE WORLD
Challenge me, lol :D :D :D

This pineapple is FILLED with fat shrimp and a cheese sauce. I ate shrimp almost every day lol

We found a lookout tower that had a pretty great view:

More beaches to check out. Each one was a slightly different vibe/geography it was pretty interesting

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 22, 2023 1:31 pm

I will post more chapters later

Cheers

Lester Burnham

Postby Lester Burnham » Mon May 22, 2023 3:02 pm

Thanks for sharing, Masato! 8-)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 23, 2023 1:26 pm

Then we drove late again (sun goes down hard like 5-6pm) and arrived in MARAGOGI at night.

A funny little beach town known for good scuba and snorkelling. The smaller the town, the cheaper you can get awesome places to stay. This little pousada was a hidden oasis. It was down a shitty sidestreet, but you go through the gate and there was this awesome little world right on the beach

We took a whole day to chill here, wash some clothes, sleep, and re-group.
Everyone was OK with that lol

The tide was SUPER far out that morning. Very cool to walk around. Amazing how much water rises and falls its pretty weird imo.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 23, 2023 1:34 pm

We took a small boat out to go snorkelling. At low tide in the mornings these natural tide pools form, and tons of fish are trapped in them until high tide. They are perfect for swimming in with fishes

I don't like using my camera much when I'm out on the water so all the snorkelling pics are on Mrs Masato's or the kids' phones.

Sorry, lol

But it was pretty good. tons of fish everywhere swimming around you.

this is the only picture on my roll:

Return to “Anarchy Zone”