Brazil Roadtrip 2023

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Brazil Roadtrip 2023

Postby Masato » Tue May 23, 2023 1:50 pm

Next Stop: PORTO DO GALINHAS

I really liked this town. We couldn't find the place we had booked, so we stopped at the beach to ask for directions. There were horses just roaming about free. The locals told me they are owned by someone, but much of the trip from here on I saw horses all over just free. They looked domesticated, but yet there they are lol

pousada was just down the 'road' on this beach:

view from pousada;

We went snorkelling again.
Same excuse as last time, all the fish pics are on the women's cameras
But these little boats were pretty to take folks out to the tide pools

restaurant back on land:

BRAZIL HAS THE BEST FOOD IN THE WORLD
Challenge me :D :D

These guys give no fucks lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 23, 2023 1:57 pm

I'll post more later

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue May 23, 2023 8:47 pm

ha, LOVE the MONKEY pics!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 24, 2023 2:10 pm

Next stop; JOAO PESSOA

Beach at Joao Pessoa at night:

Hotel rooftop:

We took this little boat out, supposedly to go see good snorkel places... but there was nothing much to see, so it turned out to be a hang-out-on-the-boat day, which wasn't so bad lol. They had music and food and drink, swimming if you wanted, a little board to dive off of etc
I didn't take many pictures from the boat sorry just some family shots (and I'm too lazy to shoop Masato masks on them again lol)

Joao Pessoa from the boat. Very pretty city from what I saw. Seemed cleaner/newer than most cities I've seen in Brazil
But we didn't stay very long

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 24, 2023 2:24 pm

Next stop: NATAL

View from behind the hotel:

Natal is awesome because for a very reasonable price you can hire a dune buggy driver and they will take you out on an adventure driving through the town, up the back roads, through the dunes, along the beaches etc. They stop places for food and its just a super cool day. The kids loved it

they used these little rafts to transport the dune buggies over a river. Lower left is the buggy we hired. We are on the raft
This is steady business here, all day

Freshwater lagoons in the middle of the dunes. They are BBQing and serving beer here yet it is spotless.
You can buy barbecued lobster tails here for literally like $2.00 Canadian it was crazy

Slide + Zipline into freshwater.

They actually used this to bring people back up. A gasoline motor at the top, yanking people up all day. Rusted and covered in sand, they gave no fucks lol
In Canada you have to sign liability waivers for everything

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 24, 2023 2:35 pm

Next day we drove to a town/beach called PIPA. It was known for being very pretty, Mrs Masato wanted to see it because it's out of the way and we may not be back here

It was OK, but my son was feeling kind of ill that day and it was crazy hot so we didn't stay long. I still had several hours driving to our next stop as well

But it was definitely a cool town, you drive a shit road that looks like it's going nowehere and then all of a sudden theres this little hipster town full of expensive shops and pousadas and restaurants and brazilian tourists (I never saw many foreigners the whole trip.)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed May 24, 2023 2:35 pm

I'll post more later

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed May 24, 2023 8:10 pm

- Cool pics, Boss. Hope you put sunscreen!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Sat May 27, 2023 7:06 pm

Brazil looks so amazing yet I think I could not go there because the sexual temptation would be too much for me and would lead me into abundant promiscuity! Too many HealthyShaped Prosperously Proportioned Mature Matronly beauties that are just my cup-of-coffee and they seem to be rather liberal about their sexual attitudes yet I know as in Japan, one could find a good God Fearing woman there who is of good conservative character

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 29, 2023 2:29 pm

Last stop of the road trip (point farthest north): SAO MIGUEL DO GOSTOSO

I never got a clear answer about this name. Lots of towns are name Sao This or Sao Miguel Do That etc
But my understanding of the word GOSTOSO is like 'delicious', as in delicious, tasty food. So he was the Saint of tasty food?
LOL
Did he become a saint by making delicious morsels for people?
I thought it was funny but Brazilians didn't seem to think it was strange lol

I don't know if this is supposed to be Sao Miguel Do Gostoso, but this was seen as we entered the town. If it is him, I wanted a picture :D

Anyways, good drive to get there. The landscape becomes flatter, a lot of grassy fields and wind farms.

I hit a huge concrete block laying on the road and thought for sure the rental car was fucked but it kept going lol

I saw THIS on the way, in the centre of a VERY TINY little town, almost not even worth mentioning it was so small. Yet there was a huge roundabout and in the middle there was this.
Theories as to what EXACTLY this is (not just the symbolism) and why people would put there are requested. Note the antennae looking thing at the top, not seen on most obelisks. Super weird imo I wonder what the locals think of it.

We got there just in time for sundown, like within 20 minutes. A good omen in my personal opinion.

Don't know if you can see on the forum but in this picture there are kids surfing the waves. The waves were not big but those kids were ripping on them with tiny boards like skateboarders. One was really great he looked about 14 years old

A dude on a horse just strolled by on the beach as the sun finally set.
So crazy for a Canadian lol

The little Pousada.
Beach access in the back

The reason we went all the way to Sao Miguel do Gostoso was because Mrs Masato's favourite friend lives there. They met in Canada as 19-year-old English students in Toronto, and apparently partied it up and had lots of good adventures
We spent the whole day and night chilling with her, letting them catch up on old times

She took us to her favourite beach near town, a very good spot for relaxing. Calm waves, tide pools, and like nobody there.

These lobster tails were like less than $3 Canadian per tail. They are barbecued right there with just some salt and lemon and holy shit that was the best food I ever had lol
Sao Miguel do GOSTOSO indeed lol

Mrs Masato's friend had a very cool pad in town, such an awesome place for a bachelorette in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere by the beach. But they all have family in them and I'm too lazy to shoop in the wrestling masks lol
But we had a very cool night, it was the first weed I got to smoke since I'd left Canada. She knows a lot about stars and she helped me orient myself with the south pole etc and I had a little bubble burst in my awareness of the movement of the earth etc it was pretty cool lol
Great night

Return to “Anarchy Zone”