Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
penxv

Re: Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?

Postby penxv » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:48 pm

Vutulaki wrote:
penxv wrote:My back hasn't let me squat consistently for years. Ill do it for a while, then I have to back off.

Going too heavy AND poor form

Anyway just dont squat, for me its essential but Im on board with those who say they dont need to especially if its just to look better/develop bigger quads

I didnt leg press for years thinking it was worthless but since adding them my squat is better and quads have blown up

Nobody asked the weird Jew. I do manual labor, asshole.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:52 pm

penxv wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:
penxv wrote:My back hasn't let me squat consistently for years. Ill do it for a while, then I have to back off.

Anyway just dont squat, for me its essential but Im on board with those who say they dont need to especially if its just to look better/develop bigger quads

I didnt leg press for years thinking it was worthless but since adding them my squat is better and quads have blown up

I dont think he meant it in a bad way, a lot of people their body is too damaged to do certain movement patterns and alternatives should be used instead.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:11 pm

Finally got around to squats yesterday after a 2 week unintentional break. As I was doing my warm up sets I noticed everything felt so easy. I realized this is because nothing hurt, there was zero resistance caused by my body hesitating because of pain. I also elevated my mirror so I could better see my form and noticed I was consistently off balanced to one side. By adjusting my balance and not having to deal with pain, I was able to lift with ease, lifting 10 lbs more than 2 weeks ago and more easily despite all the problems Ive had since then. Im only 5 lbs away from my top strength in squat so Im confident I will be there soon. Truly this is a glorious gift of fortune. By the end of the session though my patella tendon was pretty banged up. It is still feeling tender today. Assuming I heal well though I will soon be making a PB in squat.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:01 pm

Did another bench day, tried for 3 sets of 5 with 2 pause reps each. I was very happy to achieve this, but I then went for an extra rep at the end and failed, got stuck at the bottom with the right side higher than the left. My left side seemed to be not firing properly, almost certainly linked to the left bicep pain coming back this session. Also I think the imbalance of the bar makes it overall harder for some reason, I think perhaps it creates extra friction in the machine. After struggling with that I went for more reps to get my volume in, and when I had 6 reps left I had to stop to deal with some personal stuff for 2 hours before I could return and do the final 6 reps. I hope this doesnt affect the effectiveness of the workout too much.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:33 pm

penxv wrote:
Vutulaki wrote:

I can assure you he is not a jew!

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:32 pm

Missed a session last week, the lower body assistance day.

Saturday nights training:
Wide grip pullups 10+10neg, 12+10neg, 14+10neg
Cable overhead tricep extension 8thx22 drop 6thx6 drop 4thx6 drop 2ndx6
db concentration camp curls 11kgx30 RP 13 RP 8? forgot lol
Leg press calf raise 100kg x 30 RP 16 RP 16

Squats tonight shits about to get fucked up!!!

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:58 pm

Luigi wrote:Did another bench day, tried for 3 sets of 5 with 2 pause reps each. I was very happy to achieve this, but I then went for an extra rep at the end and failed, got stuck at the bottom with the right side higher than the left. My left side seemed to be not firing properly, almost certainly linked to the left bicep pain coming back this session. Also I think the imbalance of the bar makes it overall harder for some reason, I think perhaps it creates extra friction in the machine. After struggling with that I went for more reps to get my volume in, and when I had 6 reps left I had to stop to deal with some personal stuff for 2 hours before I could return and do the final 6 reps. I hope this doesnt affect the effectiveness of the workout too much.

What machine does it create friction in?

Train in a home gym?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:12 pm

Squats today. Trying to go as low as I can. Safety is on the lowest setting and I am above average height at the gym. Seeing as I am a statuesque 175 cm in Thailand.

Anastasios

Postby Anastasios » Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:18 am

Eating my burger now after finishing tonight's session,

Side kicks with yellow band, 3x30
Squats 190kg x 8

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:38 am

Anastasios wrote:
Luigi wrote:Did another bench day, tried for 3 sets of 5 with 2 pause reps each. I was very happy to achieve this, but I then went for an extra rep at the end and failed, got stuck at the bottom with the right side higher than the left. My left side seemed to be not firing properly, almost certainly linked to the left bicep pain coming back this session. Also I think the imbalance of the bar makes it overall harder for some reason, I think perhaps it creates extra friction in the machine. After struggling with that I went for more reps to get my volume in, and when I had 6 reps left I had to stop to deal with some personal stuff for 2 hours before I could return and do the final 6 reps. I hope this doesnt affect the effectiveness of the workout too much.

What machine does it create friction in?

Train in a home gym?

I have an old ghetto smith machine I use so I dont have to have spotters lol Yes its in my basement.

Return to “Anarchy Zone”