Four confirmed for GLORY 24 Heavyweight

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Four confirmed for GLORY 24 Heavyweight

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:11 pm

Contender Tournament

By John Joe O'Regan@johnjoeoregan on Sep 11, 2015, 5:02p

Four heavyweights will clash in a one-night tournament at GLORY 24 DENVER with the winner earning a shot at Rico Verhoeven and his world title. Premier kickboxing league GLORY confirmed the tournament line-up this week and it is a quartet of heavy hitters.

Top seed is Benjamin Adegbuyi (19-3, 14 KO's) of Romania. ‘Mr. Gentleman' took a tilt at Verhoeven in the main event of GLORY 22 FRANCE back in June but Verhoeven is on career-best form and put on a showcase performance to win the fight by unanimous decision.

He will face Croatian counterpart Mladen ‘The Scorpion Sting' Brestovac (43-9-1, 28 KO's) in the semi-finals. Brestovac has fought once for a GLORY, stopping Jahfar Wilnis with a left head kick (signature Croatian move?) at GLORY 14 ZAGREB last year. Since then he has gone a six-fight win streak.

Wilnis (22-5-1, 5 KO's) is also in this tournament and is on a five-fight win streak since the loss to Brestovac in March last year. The most impressive of the wins came in June when he out-pointed Hesdy Gerges to win the Kunlun World Heavyweight Championship in Chongqing, China.

Opposing him will be Ben 'The Guvner' Edwards (36-10-3, 32 KO's) of Australia. The two-time GLORY veteran has not been seen since a GLORY 16 loss to Errol Zimmerman in May last year. That fight also took place in Denver so Edwards will looking to make his second visit to Denver a happier one.

Xavier Vigney, winner of the GLORY 21 SAN DIEGO Heavyweight Qualification Tournament, had been expected to make an appearance in this tournament but we are told he is taking some time to heal up after his busy recent period. Possibly we will see him back in the ring before the end of the year.

GLORY 24 DENVER takes place Friday, October 9 at the Magness Arena in Denver, Colorado and is headlined by Joe ‘Stitch ‘Em Up' Schilling in a contender-elimination bout with Jason ‘Psycho' Wilnis. That should be a pretty action-packed bout. The event airs in the US on Spike TV.

Source:[url][/url]
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”