Bellator WWE Shenanigans

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Bellator WWE Shenanigans

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:45 pm

Hey all

Do you like this stuff in MMA? Very WWE imo

Was it rehearsed/fake? Spontaneous? How much of this is becoming a real equation in the business?

I just got back from my son's BJJ class, several of the parents were saying how sick it made them to watch, but I kind of think its hilarious. As long as we can keep a difference between what is fun/hype, and what is real I think there is room for it.

What do you think?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 am

I think they are TESTING this...

Coker is a smart dude, I think this may be a deliberate attempt to test what the audience reaction is like to this stuff. IF its positive, Bellator could add it to the brand, and start signing only fun and flashy fighters who can trash talk and build up storylines.

Can you imagine a WWE style org, but where the fights are real???

I think it could be a real big kind of production, and could rival the more sports/rankings oriented UFC brand.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:50 pm

- Bellator is TNA.^^
Combat sports are entertaining, some times i think that JOnes and Cormier are playing playstation togheter and laughing at the buzz on the forums.

And i am serious about that
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Masato wrote:Hey all

Do you like this stuff in MMA? Very WWE imo

Was it rehearsed/fake? Spontaneous? How much of this is becoming a real equation in the business?

I just got back from my son's BJJ class, several of the parents were saying how sick it made them to watch, but I kind of think its hilarious. As long as we can keep a difference between what is fun/hype, and what is real I think there is room for it.

What do you think?

- I could beat all them, since i am the superior wrestling fan.
Look at the fear on those eyes brah, they are all afraid of the big guy:

I personaly think the only real thing are the fights.(sometimes even that isn't real.
And if people can't tell that it's only a act, they are to dumb to understand MMA anyway.

Sorry for the rant.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:11 pm

If this is the direction mma is headed,

Im not interested.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:10 pm

I guess Bellator might as well jump on it before someone else does cuz trying to get to ufc level isnt happening anytime soon. I wont be a spectator but it might work for em

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 pm

I don't know, man

the more I think about it the more I think it could really be BIG. It is the middle ground between UFC and WWE.

It would attract BOTH fan-bases, or at least a lot of them.

Can you imagine scripted storylines and rivalries, hilarious performances and characters, and all the things people love about WWE, but when it comes fight night its a REAL MMA FIGHT??

Fighters would be hired and ranked according to their fighting abilities AND their showmanship, their ability to create a show.

I think it could be huge.

Flying Eye Angle

Postby Flying Eye Angle » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:01 pm

This idea has been tossed around for a few years now. I remember reading something about Kimo wanting to start something like this around 2006-ish. Surprised Bellator was the one to jump on it full cheese ahead. Too bad a lot of fighters are robots. It could brings a lot of fans crossing over from pro wrestling. Wlll take a number of experimental years, cuz of the whole once somebody looses once, a lot of people loose faith in their heros hype thing. Where as in wrestling a good talker can win forever and keep that fan base growing.

Could get a little fishy with stars being fed easy fights, not that that doenst already happen in some smaller organizations.

I guess the way the stories are written would have to be a little different from wrestling, like predetermined different directions plots go depending on who wins. Could be a good payday for fighters with personality though cuz fighting doenst pay very good unless your in the top percent or getting ufc fight bonuses

Doesnt interest me but could be popular

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:18 am

Bobby Lashley fought on the card too lol Honestly I love it and it worked great for Pride creating crossover fans and crossover fighters/wrestlers. I support BFC entertainment.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 pm

Luigi wrote:Bobby Lashley fought on the card too lol Honestly I love it and it worked great for Pride creating crossover fans and crossover fighters/wrestlers. I support BFC entertainment.

- How was the fight?
I like Bobby as a person, seen's like a good guy, but his mma career was quite average

Return to “Super Dojo”