Tonight's Fight Night (spoilers)

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
johnkilo

Tonight's Fight Night (spoilers)

Postby johnkilo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:35 pm

Nice to see Arlovski looking like how he was back in 2005. I'm not going to lie and say I was ever a huge fan of his, but I always thought he had the tools to be a great fighter, his chin just lets him down a lot. He had great hand speed.

Also, say goodbye to Paulo Thiago. He's gone 2-7 since 2010. I think the UFC would have cut him a long time ago if he didn't get that highlight reel knockout over Koscheck.

I'm really looking forward to the next fight night in Japan in a couple weeks. My heart is rooting for Hunt, but my brain tells me Nelson will just take the fight to the ground and win that way if he gets in trouble on the feet. The Japanese UFC cards always make me miss Pride even more tan I already do.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:05 am

welcome back johnkilo!! missin ya

I hear ya, events in Japan always bring back nostalgia. Sad there are no (?) relevant japanese fighters, its really amazing.

I am also a bit sad Arlovski won, because I don't think he's very good at all, he clipped Bigfoot but I don't think he deserves to be suddenly thrown into the top HW mix. He will lose fast again imo, and become irrelevant once more.

What an interesting career he's had. - Hype ALWAYS overshadowing his true record

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:30 pm

I don't know man, he went the distance with rumble who's just been destroying guys, arlovski showing heart. Will be interesting to see him survive a real firefight. I was never an arlovski fan, now that he's an underdog I can rooot for him.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:21 pm

- Wasn't a fair fight.
Arlovisk is a Universal Soldier now.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”