Frank Mir vs Andrey Arlovisk

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Frank Mir vs Andrey Arlovisk

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:41 pm

"I have a lot of respect for Andrei. He's a guy that if my kids were to tell me right now they were fans of Andrei, I would completely cultivate that," Mir said. "Here's a guy who was at the top. He went from the pinnacle of our sport to getting cut, signing with other organizations, losing more and he's getting put out cold. Everyone is saying he's done, his chin is gone, he needs to retire and this guy doesn't listen to anybody. He just said, 'Nope, I'm going to keep moving forward and figure out a way.' He's better now."

"In one sense, I'm not happy about it on a social level. I think we both have a lot to offer the sport and I don't want to see either one of us derailed right now. I would have been much happier with this situation if we could have skipped each other at this point. I could have fought someone else in the top three and he could have fought Werdum for the title and then we could have faced each other in a title fight instead if he would have won," Mir said.

All the credit for the thread goes to sherdog user Coffe79

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/im-not-happy-social-level-about-fighting-arlovski-frank-mir-3052581/

More info on http://m.reviewjournal.com/sports/mma-ufc/reluctant-mir-jumps-back-training

- I always liked Frank, his fight's are good, he has beat all time great's and unlike Mcswallow he doesn't bend to Dana.

Good lucky to bout fighters, that are all time great's.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:45 pm

true story, frank mir hit on my brothers girlfriend last week on facebook
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:38 pm

The timing is pretty weird, but at the same time its good that its happening so we dont have to worry that it will never happen.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:45 am

- It's was yesterday.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Great fight, hard to score. Im glad both of them performed well and didnt take any major damage.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Great fight? What were you watching?

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:35 am

Anytime two elite HWs are fighting Im usually entertained. It was cool to see the clash of styles with Mir trying to set up counters and takedowns while Andrei tried to stick and move. Also neither seemed to have a clinch game in mind but much of the fight ended up there and it was cool to see them both try and adapt to that.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 am

That fight sucked, analyze it all you want.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Different strokes I suppose :) Do you guys think Mir would be a good first fight for Fedor if he signs with the UFC, or would that be too much too soon?

Return to “Super Dojo”