John Lineker done with flyweight:

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

John Lineker done with flyweight:

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:25 pm

'I'm never going back to 125'

John Lineker doesn't want to through the struggle of cutting weight anymore. Feels at home at bantamweight.

After so many mishaps with the scale, John Lineker will finally have his first UFC bantamweight bout this Saturday against Francisco Rivera. And as far he is concerned, it'll be the first of many, as he has expressed no interest in going back to the flyweight division. Besides, he believes he could benefit from it.

"This is my original weight class. I only joined Flyweight because it was an opportunity I couldn't miss." Lineker told Ag Fight. "But now I'm back. I want to focus on the new goal, I want to win and be the champion. I'm never going back to 125 pounds. I suffer too much. My power will increase because I will be heavier and stronger. My opponents will be heavier, but I'm used to that. I'm home."

Already thinking about a possible title shot, Lineker feels like T.J. Dillashaw is not too big for the weight class, though he is impressed by his skills.

"I had never seen him in person before. He's not that tall for 135. I think I'm in the average size, so I'm relaxed. What impresses me is the way he fights. He's really good. If he remains the champion, I will certainly face him in the future."

But before dreaming of title aspirations, John Lineker will be on the preliminary portion of UFC 191, where he will face Francisco Rivera, on September 5, in Las Vegas. The card will be headlined by the rematch for the flyweight title between Demetrious Johnson and John Dodson.

Source:http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/9/3/9257167/ufc-191-john-lineker-done-flyweight-never-going-back-125-pounds-vs-rivera-mma-news
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:42 am

Good, hopefully he doesnt pull a Gastellum and beg Dana to return.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:12 pm

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “Super Dojo”