Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:11 am

Masato wrote:First class today since messing up my back!

All went well. Trained light, and feel great. I am back on that horse! :D :D

Very happy. My body, mind, and spirit were dipping a bit without the jitz.
Time to get things back on track.

Maybe I can make it out to Canuckster's club before they segregate

- Good thing i misread that! :shock:
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:43 pm

So I show up 5 mins before class, and there is already like 3x the usual people on the mats, and a cool looking class is underway with a bunch of people I've never seen before.

Apparently there was a snap Seminar announced, but I don't use facebook lol so I missed the memo

Anyways there was some high level competitive black belt woman teaching a workshop. I still don't know who she was but a bunch of folks were taking pictures with her after so she must have some kind of credentials.

She taught a class on an X-Guard system. I missed the first part of the seminar but it was just a method of entering into X Guard that I kind of already knew, so I could jump in OK.

She said she got this from some other competitive black belt in Sweden, who came to a conclusion that X Guard was a super safe and easy control position. From there she taught some sweeps, and a crazy sneaky deep arm bar.

Nice surprise.

I owe the coach $20 lol

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:40 pm

Masato wrote:So I show up 5 mins before class, and there is already like 3x the usual people on the mats, and a cool looking class is underway with a bunch of people I've never seen before.

Apparently there was a snap Seminar announced, but I don't use facebook lol so I missed the memo

Anyways there was some high level competitive black belt woman teaching a workshop. I still don't know who she was but a bunch of folks were taking pictures with her after so she must have some kind of credentials.

She taught a class on an X-Guard system. I missed the first part of the seminar but it was just a method of entering into X Guard that I kind of already knew, so I could jump in OK.

She said she got this from some other competitive black belt in Sweden, who came to a conclusion that X Guard was a super safe and easy control position. From there she taught some sweeps, and a crazy sneaky deep arm bar.

Nice surprise.

I owe the coach $20 lol

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:16 pm

I will gladly pay you Thursday for a hamburger today! LOL

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:55 am

Faixa Roxo!

This is over 8 years of hard work

3 years white + 5 years blue
(plus a bunch of training long time ago that I'm not counting - technically I was a white belt for 17 years lol)

Got it just before Christmas.

Very surreal and disorienting lol
Now ALL the blue belts are hunting me, huge target on my back I can feel it

I feel like I need to step up to handle it but at the same time my old body can't be rolling at max performance every time I go.

So far so good though, I've sort of refused to lay down for any of these blue belts and figure I better earn their respect right away. So I've been fucking guys up which is not my usual style I am usually the nicest guy out there and give a lot up with no ego. But I felt I had to lay the smack down of these blues won't respect it.

Problem is every class I come home much more sore and beat up than usual.

Hope this levels off and I can train more relaxed again soon but it sure feels weird at the moment

Both clubs have strong young hungry blues. Some come in from Canucksters club which is a very rough club, I had to roll with a few really strong dudes from there last night, a new brown and a sandbagger blue.

Did well but ribs very tender now.

I'm looking forward to evolving my game. I usually don't like to be the bully out there, but I think I'm going to give myself permission to start executing more stuff, hunting for subs and sharpening. Most of blue belt I spent just working on control/defense/position/guard/sweeps etc and learning to move well and stay safe with minimal effort, but admittedly I don't usually take the shot when it comes to subs.
I think purple belt is a good time to start adding a sub game I just don't really know what I should be hunting for yet or what might suit my grappling style best

Anyways wish me luck

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 am

- Congratulations, boss. This belt is earned by all those year's, you will meet several blues that can beat you. But that dont take away the fact that you earned this belt. Those hungry blues, will also find lower belt's that will beat them too. That's the game!

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:34 am

Masato wrote:Faixa Roxo!

(plus a bunch of training long time ago that I'm not counting - technically I was a white belt for 17 years lol)

I feel like I need to step up to handle it but at the same time my old body can't be rolling at max performance every time I go.

So far so good though, I've sort of refused to lay down for any of these blue belts and figure I better earn their respect right away. So I've been fucking guys up which is not my usual style I am usually the nicest guy out there and give a lot up with no ego. But I felt I had to lay the smack down of these blues won't respect it.

Hope this levels off and I can train more relaxed again soon but it sure feels weird at the moment

Both clubs have strong young hungry blues. Some come in from Canucksters club which is a very rough club, I had to roll with a few really strong dudes from there last night, a new brown and a sandbagger blue.

I'm looking forward to evolving my game. I usually don't like to be the bully out there, but I think I'm going to give myself permission to start executing more stuff, hunting for subs and sharpening. Most of blue belt I spent just working on control/defense/position/guard/sweeps etc and learning to move well and stay safe with minimal effort, but admittedly I don't usually take the shot when it comes to subs.
I think purple belt is a good time to start adding a sub game I just don't really know what I should be hunting for yet or what might suit my grappling style best

Anyways wish me luck

- Start taking care of you'r body. Maybe they beat you because they're in better shape?

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:27 pm

Anyways wish me luck

Congrats on the promotion dude! Purple is the coolest belt.. Even though I was entitled to skip it, I still showed up to warm ups. You should too. We old fucks need it :D

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:09 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:

Anyways wish me luck

Congrats on the promotion dude! Purple is the coolest belt.. Even though I was entitled to skip it, I still showed up to warm ups. You should too. We old fucks need it :D

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

What do you mean entitled to skip it?

A joke that went over my head? lol I don't get it

Agreed we need warmups, lots of stretching. I walk an hour on the trails every morning and its still not enough. I feel sore and stiff all the time these days lol

I still try to train at least 3X a week, I shoot for 4 if I can

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:57 pm

Masato wrote:
Diet Butcher wrote:
Masato wrote:
What do you mean entitled to skip it?

A joke that went over my head? lol I don't get it

Agreed we need warmups, lots of stretching. I walk an hour on the trails every morning and its still not enough. I feel sore and stiff all the time these days lol

I still try to train at least 3X a week, I shoot for 4 if I can

- Take TRT. Will make you stiffer. :D
And Shrinked balls will make you invencible in street fight's.

Return to “Super Dojo”