Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Canuckster

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Canuckster » Fri May 29, 2020 11:44 pm

My most recent training I pulled some bullshit in my back, been 2 weeks since I could do anything. Had to get some anti inflammatoryies and muscle relaxants
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 30, 2020 5:42 pm

Canuckster wrote:My most recent training I pulled some bullshit in my back, been 2 weeks since I could do anything. Had to get some anti inflammatoryies and muscle relaxants

- We should do like weight-lifting, that the first two weeks are to getting used to exercises. But i dont know any teacher that does that in martial-arts, besides when guys are begginers!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sun May 31, 2020 2:06 am

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Canuckster wrote:My most recent training I pulled some bullshit in my back, been 2 weeks since I could do anything. Had to get some anti inflammatoryies and muscle relaxants

- We should do like weight-lifting, that the first two weeks are to getting used to exercises. But i dont know any teacher that does that in martial-arts, besides when guys are begginers!

It happened because I haven't trained in anything for 2 months, easy to get injured
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun May 31, 2020 12:44 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

It happened because I haven't trained in anything for 2 months, easy to get injured

- Yes. But we usually dont do aclimating training. :mrgreen:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sun May 31, 2020 12:47 pm

Canuckster wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

- Physiotherapy clinics are expensive. Maybe is time to open one?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:28 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- Im up 7 kgs!

I hit over 200lbs for the first time in my life ever, during covid lockdown. Was scary.

At this age I am putting on weight quick, but thankfully I still have a metabolism where I can lose it again quick too. I stopped with the breads for like 1.5 weeks and started doing more physical work and I'm already back down to around 190

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:29 pm

Still bad? getting better?

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:02 pm

Masato wrote:

I hit over 200lbs for the first time in my life ever, during covid lockdown. Was scary.

At this age I am putting on weight quick, but thankfully I still have a metabolism where I can lose it again quick too. I stopped with the breads for like 1.5 weeks and started doing more physical work and I'm already back down to around 190

-Its protective fat!

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:29 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:

-Its protective fat!

Well I am still in denial, but I have been suspecting lately that perhaps when men reach over 40 years it may be perfectly natural in fact maybe even healthy to develop a man-belly. Not fat and flabby, but I think maybe that is just normal male biology that after a certain age we develop that strong/fat core belly. I see lots of dudes my age and older who are not fat, not far out of shape, but they have this hard round belly. Like its unnatural for a man over 45 to have a flat stomach, maybe men are supposed to have weight there for some evolutionary function (?)

I have to admit, more and more it feels like I have one that wants to come out, lol saying 'feed me feed me stop with your worries and let me out please you will feel better' lol

I'ma fight it off a little longer, but I will have to tap out eventually and embrace it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:40 pm

Return to “Super Dojo”