Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Masato » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:08 pm

So I've been ignoring this thread due to respect for lockdown privacy, but fuck it

How has everyone's training been going?

I have been on a crazy jiu jitsu ride this year.

When lockdown hit, my club closed. But I got an invitation to come train with some of Canuckster's crew who didn't give a FUCK, lol and were training regularly. That was awesome I was training several times a week, and very different training partners etc from my usual club so lots of fun. Plus everyone there was seeing the BS so it was very assuring and refreshing to get some sane company when most others were losing their marbles. It was a bit of a scrappier gang, jiu jitsu maybe not as tight as Cobrinha dojo but that was fun for itself, reminded me of old days training MMA and having more fun sparring

I had a few breaks to go to BC (tried to find a club to train there with zero luck lol) and some stitches I had to wait to heal. I didn't wait long enough and they ripped open and I bled all over the mats lol had to go wait a bit more.

Then the main group at my regular club started training on the low down, and I was invited to go back. Another big shift, I was suddenly training again with black belts and legit high level brown belts etc - deep waters like I was used to.

Then the club started opening up more officially, and we got a bunch more people to train with again.

Our club was on fire for a while, all the hardcores were coming out regularly, then as other clubs closed down all the higher belts and serious practitioners came to our club. So for a few weeks it was really wild, we had world champions, multiple black belts, some vicious brown belts and legit company every class. Was totally honored to be there. Somehow we also got a small influx of Globetrotters, blue/purples, and some sandbagging white belts so I got to sharpen my teeth and get some offense in after being crushed by all the higher belts lol

It was absolute heaven and I was getting primed.

But THEN the VIRUS THAT IS THE COVID TEST reared its ugly head.

One brown belt admitted that he ate a whole bucket of KFC and got sick. He was still ill the next day so the fucking guy went and got a covid test. We all were communicating on whatsapp and I tried to press them to explain what good that would do vs harm. None could advocate a good reason, but he went and got the test anyways ffs. Came back positive so we shut down for 2 weeks. HE WAS BETTER IN 2 DAYS> :roll:
I rolled with him the day before he ate the KFC and did not get sick at all, as everyone else on the mats the past week.

One of the coaches WASN'T EVEN SICK, but he also got a test and tested positive just to be 'responsible' or whatever. HE NEVER EVEN GOT SICK but he tested positive anyways somehow. So his whole family had to lock down, and the whole club had to stay locked down. Neither were ever in any danger yet all these great people had to stop training. It trickled out to the kids he was training, they all likely got tested, parents maybe had to stop working etc... I'm telling you one positive test even if no one is ill spreads out like a real virus and does damage to all in its wake.

The lockdown was also causing tension between the main coach/club owner and the landlord. That eventually broke for whatever reason and now the club is GONE. My club for 7 years is GONE.

:o :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :x

I've been waiting for that last 14 day freeze, but just found out that its gone so I am 2 weeks out of shape again. At my age it takes me like a month to start getting strong again, but only takes like 4 days to completely fall off the wagon and feel old and fat again lol

So Sunday I start training with Canuckster again, can't wait. They seem to be the last club standing. Thank God for that.

Jiu Jitsu is really important. just a few weeks off and I am already starting to notice I'm way more stressed, grumpy, and thinking more stupid shit. All that is better with jiu jitsu.

What a ride.

What about you guys? I remember Diet Butcher got his purple not too long before covid. Vutu, are you training? Edge?

Don't let this covid smokescreen take that away from you. We need to protect it for ourselves. I have already started planning to make some space in my garage for mats. Can't afford it yet but I will. If Canuckster's pals have to close up we will be on our own.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:11 pm

PS: This was all prophesied in 'Sonnen's War' by the way

...just sayin' ;)

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:23 pm

- I havent trained with another human in almost 9 months!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Gyms closed again about a week and a half ago. Good thing the last time they closed, I started building my own gym on my rooftop. I got a squat/bench rack, bench, plates, a cable pulley, and some other stuff. All I need now are grappling mats. 2 of my teammates come to train with me regularly... so we need mats so we can roll too :)

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:56 am

Masato wrote:So I've been ignoring this thread due to respect for lockdown privacy, but fuck it

How has everyone's training been going?

I have been on a crazy jiu jitsu ride this year.

When lockdown hit, my club closed. But I got an invitation to come train with some of Canuckster's crew who didn't give a FUCK, lol and were training regularly. That was awesome I was training several times a week, and very different training partners etc from my usual club so lots of fun. Plus everyone there was seeing the BS so it was very assuring and refreshing to get some sane company when most others were losing their marbles. It was a bit of a scrappier gang, jiu jitsu maybe not as tight as Cobrinha dojo but that was fun for itself, reminded me of old days training MMA and having more fun sparring

I had a few breaks to go to BC (tried to find a club to train there with zero luck lol) and some stitches I had to wait to heal. I didn't wait long enough and they ripped open and I bled all over the mats lol had to go wait a bit more.

Then the main group at my regular club started training on the low down, and I was invited to go back. Another big shift, I was suddenly training again with black belts and legit high level brown belts etc - deep waters like I was used to.

Then the club started opening up more officially, and we got a bunch more people to train with again.

Our club was on fire for a while, all the hardcores were coming out regularly, then as other clubs closed down all the higher belts and serious practitioners came to our club. So for a few weeks it was really wild, we had world champions, multiple black belts, some vicious brown belts and legit company every class. Was totally honored to be there. Somehow we also got a small influx of Globetrotters, blue/purples, and some sandbagging white belts so I got to sharpen my teeth and get some offense in after being crushed by all the higher belts lol

It was absolute heaven and I was getting primed.

But THEN the VIRUS THAT IS THE COVID TEST reared its ugly head.

One brown belt admitted that he ate a whole bucket of KFC and got sick. He was still ill the next day so the fucking guy went and got a covid test. We all were communicating on whatsapp and I tried to press them to explain what good that would do vs harm. None could advocate a good reason, but he went and got the test anyways ffs. Came back positive so we shut down for 2 weeks. HE WAS BETTER IN 2 DAYS> :roll:
I rolled with him the day before he ate the KFC and did not get sick at all, as everyone else on the mats the past week.

One of the coaches WASN'T EVEN SICK, but he also got a test and tested positive just to be 'responsible' or whatever. HE NEVER EVEN GOT SICK but he tested positive anyways somehow. So his whole family had to lock down, and the whole club had to stay locked down. Neither were ever in any danger yet all these great people had to stop training. It trickled out to the kids he was training, they all likely got tested, parents maybe had to stop working etc... I'm telling you one positive test even if no one is ill spreads out like a real virus and does damage to all in its wake.

The lockdown was also causing tension between the main coach/club owner and the landlord. That eventually broke for whatever reason and now the club is GONE. My club for 7 years is GONE.

:o :shock: :shock: :( :( :( :x :x :x :x :x

I've been waiting for that last 14 day freeze, but just found out that its gone so I am 2 weeks out of shape again. At my age it takes me like a month to start getting strong again, but only takes like 4 days to completely fall off the wagon and feel old and fat again lol

So Sunday I start training with Canuckster again, can't wait. They seem to be the last club standing. Thank God for that.

Jiu Jitsu is really important. just a few weeks off and I am already starting to notice I'm way more stressed, grumpy, and thinking more stupid shit. All that is better with jiu jitsu.

What a ride.

What about you guys? I remember Diet Butcher got his purple not too long before covid. Vutu, are you training? Edge?

Don't let this covid smokescreen take that away from you. We need to protect it for ourselves. I have already started planning to make some space in my garage for mats. Can't afford it yet but I will. If Canuckster's pals have to close up we will be on our own.

I heard you tell me this story but missed this post. This whole thing is fucked, and to be honest, its only a matter of time before our gym now gets busted. ill be in tomorrow, was nursing some aches and pains today.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:07 pm

- I dont know. How security schools are gonna keep afloat, and people that work on the security field and need to train are gonna doo.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:38 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:- I dont know. How security schools are gonna keep afloat, and people that work on the security field and need to train are gonna doo.

They won't need to be tough anymore because the population will all be weakened and docile from wearing masks, constant sanitizing, cucked media propaganda, soy food, and vaccines.

We won't need real security guards anymore just an app on your phone and watch them obey
:geek:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:47 pm

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:- I dont know. How security schools are gonna keep afloat, and people that work on the security field and need to train are gonna doo.

They won't need to be tough anymore because the population will all be weakened and docile from wearing masks, constant sanitizing, cucked media propaganda, soy food, and vaccines.

We won't need real security guards anymore just an app on your phone and watch them obey
:geek:

- I've read some people write \say that. The media and "celebritys" here are the worst.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Went to war last night.

8 consecutive hard 5 min rounds.

Canuckster helped me with a throw I was doing wrong.

So fun.

Oh yeah, S Dakota Guy gave me a bag of fresh eggs! score

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:27 pm

There is a white belt from my other club that says he really wants/needs to train for his mental health

He started less than a year ago and was right hooked, training tons then it got ripped away from lockdowns.

New lockdown club owner says he can come, but I'm worried he's gonna get murdered, lol. This is a rough club, dude's used to just drilling and light rolling with generous training partners and higher belts but most w/ Canuckster's gang are not interested in rolling light.. they are for sure hungry to tap the shit out of white belts as much as they can lol

really feel like inviting him will help the guy, it's something I can do but on the other hand it feels like I'm just feeding him to the dogs :?

Return to “Super Dojo”