Discuss your most recent training

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Canuckster

Re: Discuss your most recent training

Postby Canuckster » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:36 pm

So regardless of rank,

The class proceeds as normal, our warm-up is everyone rolls one round with everyone else, then whoever has a gauntlet gets in the middle of the mat and has another round with everyone else in the gym. Starting lightest to heaviest. Rounds are 2 minutes or submission, whatever comes first
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:44 pm

how is it decided who gets a gauntlet?

Will they let someone die if they are fading out, like mcPeak does? lol

I think I have saved 2 lives in there by stopping the gauntlet already

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:45 pm

Canuckster wrote:So regardless of rank,

The class proceeds as normal, our warm-up is everyone rolls one round with everyone else, then whoever has a gauntlet gets in the middle of the mat and has another round with everyone else in the gym. Starting lightest to heaviest. Rounds are 2 minutes or submission, whatever comes first

So Juan Carlos is last? And has the most time to recoup after regular rounds?

Fun.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:02 am

If he dies, he dies
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:55 pm

Who gets a gauntlet, and why?

Will Rumbles steal all of Brown's best guys? :o :?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:37 pm

I think Matt is farming guys from mr rumble.

New, first time members, visitors to the club, regardless of rank get a gauntlet,

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:54 pm

I'm currently recovering from an MCL injury. About 2 months ago, I was rolling, in top half guard and was caught in a lockdown. While trying to escape, My right knee popped, but I continued. Eventually got the escape, took the back, and got an armbar. Then we restarted and as I plant my right foot on the mat, my knee popped again and I figured we should stop.

2 months later, I'm back going to class, but rolling very conservatively. And using a lot of half guards, trying to keep my bad leg hidden at all times.

They say it takes 3 to 6 months for a full recovery... Hopefully it will only be 3!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:19 pm

Diet Butcher wrote:I'm currently recovering from an MCL injury. About 2 months ago, I was rolling, in top half guard and was caught in a lockdown. While trying to escape, My right knee popped, but I continued. Eventually got the escape, took the back, and got an armbar. Then we restarted and as I plant my right foot on the mat, my knee popped again and I figured we should stop.

2 months later, I'm back going to class, but rolling very conservatively. And using a lot of half guards, trying to keep my bad leg hidden at all times.

They say it takes 3 to 6 months for a full recovery... Hopefully it will only be 3!

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

That's rough man. Still if you are rolling at 50 that's pretty fantastic.

I am hopefully at the end of an injury streak... my ribs were fucked up a few months ago, then I had JUST started training again when a family vacation was planned. When I came back a month ago I went to an open mat, didn't stretch, and pulled my back out lol Its just starting to feel better.

Really hoping I can train smart and get consistent again for a while without getting hurt again. Its really not easy to balance at our age, we have to find the tricks.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:26 pm

-I've got my covax shots last week. Now i can roll!
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:51 pm

First class today since messing up my back!

All went well. Trained light, and feel great. I am back on that horse! :D :D

Very happy. My body, mind, and spirit were dipping a bit without the jitz.
Time to get things back on track.

Maybe I can make it out to Canuckster's club before they segregate

Return to “Super Dojo”