Masato
Site Admin

WWF Brawl 4 All Documentary

Postby Masato » Sat May 08, 2021 2:08 pm

Super interesting

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 08, 2021 5:15 pm

- Sad how they mishandled Vale for winning. Also being the toughest guy in the lockeroom, when people dont punch you because they're afraid of losing their job, is diferent of whem they're allowed to fight back.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat May 08, 2021 8:33 pm

I'm surprised they didn't discuss what in my opinion what the dumbest part of it all -

For me it totally countered the entire image of the pro-wrestling concept. Pro-wrestling is a fantasy show, pretend fights where the wrestlers are super-human and can do amazing things.

When they did the Brawl 4 All, it's like an actor breaking character, you saw through the show. Suddenly they don't look so super-human and the fights are sloppy and lame. It was like admitting that the rest of it was all fake, which everyone knew of course, but it kind of cracked that suspension of disbelief, ruined the fiction. It's like an actor talking to the audience out of character right in the middle of the play. You'd be like wtf?

Wrestling has had a lot of bad ideas but I agree with some of the guys in that doc that the brawl 4 all might have been the worst, lol

WAR Butterbean, lol :D

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 pm

Masato wrote:I'm surprised they didn't discuss what in my opinion what the dumbest part of it all -

For me it totally countered the entire image of the pro-wrestling concept. Pro-wrestling is a fantasy show, pretend fights where the wrestlers are super-human and can do amazing things.

When they did the Brawl 4 All, it's like an actor breaking character, you saw through the show. Suddenly they don't look so super-human and the fights are sloppy and lame. It was like admitting that the rest of it was all fake, which everyone knew of course, but it kind of cracked that suspension of disbelief, ruined the fiction. It's like an actor talking to the audience out of character right in the middle of the play. You'd be like wtf?

Wrestling has had a lot of bad ideas but I agree with some of the guys in that doc that the brawl 4 all might have been the worst, lol

WAR Butterbean, lol :D

- I agree with you. Roided behemot's looked like kid's fighting. Some of the guy's keept the aura like Bobby Holly. Other's showed they could fight like Papa Shango. But the intent of showing Steven Williams skill's backfired.

Several wrestler's got hurt. The intent wasn't even clear. Instead of allowing pro-wrestling takedown's and submission, we got sloopy boxing and takedown's. I confused Bart Gunn name on my other post. They did him dirty.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”