UFC 265 fight card announced interim heavyweight title

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

UFC 265 fight card announced interim heavyweight title

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:52 pm

By Alexander K. Lee [b]@AlexanderKLee[/b] Jun 30, 2021

An interim heavyweight title fight is officially set to go down in Houston.

On Wednesday, the UFC announced its current lineup for UFC 265, which takes place on Aug. 7 at Toyota Center and features a previously reported interim championship main event between Derrick Lewis and Ciryl Gane.

In the co-main event, two-division champion Amanda Nunes defends her bantamweight title against Julianna Pena.

The UFC also announced a multi-event partnership with the Toyota Center, following the success of UFC 262 in May. It was not revealed how many events would be held at the venue in the future, but the possibility of a return in 2022 is mentioned in the press release.

Also expected to take place on the main card, former UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo meets Pedro Munhoz in a 135-pound clash, and welterweight contenders Michael Chiesa and Vicente Luque face off.

The card currently features 12 bouts, including a recently added flyweight matchup between former RIZIN champion Manel Kape and Ode Osbourne. This will be Osbourne’s UFC flyweight debut. He was originally scheduled to fight Amir Albazi on July 17, but Albazi withdrew from that contest and instead a short-notice matchup has been arranged for Osbourne and Kape.

See the updated UFC 265 lineup below (bout order still to be finalized):

Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Gane

Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena

Jose Aldo vs. Pedro Munhoz

Vicente Luque vs. Michael Chiesa

Song Yadong vs. Casey Kenney

Manel Kape vs. Ode Osbourne

Tecia Torres vs. Angela Hill 2

Victoria Leonardo vs. Melissa Gatto

Alonzo Menifield vs. Ed Herman

Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Jessica Penne

Vince Morales vs. Drako Rodriguez

Johnny Munoz vs. Jamey Simmons

Source: https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/6/30/22557620/ufc-265-fight-card-announced-interim-heavyweight-title-fight-to-headline-event
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”