Legendary Championship Title Maker Reggie Parks Passes Away

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Legendary Championship Title Maker Reggie Parks Passes Away

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:10 pm

Reggie Parks, one of the most renowned championship title makers in recent wrestling history, has passed away at the age of 87.

He notably designed the “winged eagle” WWE Championship, the classic Intercontinental Championship, and he also worked for WCW before he shifted into designing titles for UFC and boxing

The “Reggie Parks – The King of Belts” Facebook page shared the news on Thursday:

It is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of our dear friend and mentor, “The King of Belts” Reggie Parks.
Reggie passed peacefully this morning in Tucson, AZ after a short but valiant battle with COVID-19. More information will be made available shortly.

Family and friends ask that you respect their privacy and allow them to grieve at this time.
On the official WWE website, the company issued a statement on Parks’ passing:

WWE is saddened to learn that legendary sports-entertainer and championship title maker Reggie Parks passed away at the age of 87.

Parks spent nearly three decades in the ring as a sports-entertainer working for promoters like WWE Hall of Famer Stu Hart and competing for championships in both the NWA and AWA. He even enjoyed a brief stint competing in a WWE ring before transitioning into the second phase of his career: creating championship titles. Parks would go on to handcraft some of the most famous titles in WWE history, including the “winged eagle” WWE Championship used in the 1980s and ’90s, as well as the classic Intercontinental Championship of the same era. His incredible work in both WWE and WCW crossed over into the worlds of UFC and boxing as well, as he continued to create iconic championship titles for decades.

Source https://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/1258813-legendary-championship-maker-reggie-parks-passes-away-at-87
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:12 pm

- The classic Wwe Intercontinental Title is the prettiest belt!

- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Super Dojo”