Michael Chandler calls for ‘2022’ fight vs. Conor McGregor

MMA, BJJ, & The Martial Arts
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Michael Chandler calls for ‘2022’ fight vs. Conor McGregor

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 pm

following UFC 268 war with Justin Gaethje

Michael Chandler looks to be eyeing a matchup with the biggest star in the sport following one of the most entertaining fights of the year

The former Bellator champion lost a unanimous decision to Justin Gaethje to kick off the main card of Saturday’s UFC 268 event at Madison Square Garden in an all-out, chaotic battle. Chandler took to Twitter on Monday morning and looks to have pinpointed former two-division world champion Conor McGregor as his next potential opponent.

Not long after, McGregor responded to Chandler’s challenge, accepting for some time in the future

Both fighters will be looking to bounce back from back-to-back losses so the matchup certainly would make sense for a number of reasons. McGregor is recovering from a leg injury suffered in the closing moments of his first-round TKO loss to Dustin Poirier at UFC 264 in July. Poirier also stopped the former lightweight and featherweight champion in January in the main event of UFC 257.

Chandler was seconds away from becoming a UFC champion when he faced Charles Oliveira at UFC 262. “Iron” had Oliveira badly hurt in the first round, but “Du Bronx” was able to weather the storm and turn things around, earning a second-round TKO victory to capture the vacant lightweight title.

Source. https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/11/8/2 ... in-gaethje
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:35 pm

That would be fun if Conor is healed

Chandler is a juggernaut and is tough as nails but I think superior technique should be able to stuff him and keep him on the outside

I'd watch that

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:56 pm

Easy win for the clean living coal miner.

Return to “Super Dojo”