SOAKED IN BLEACH 2015

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Anti D

SOAKED IN BLEACH 2015

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:23 am

as for bush & silverchair, didn't care for either really.

bush had some catchy tunes & I spent MANY nights in the titty bar back in the day hearing 'comedown' over & over & over... so it has it's special place in my soundtrack of life. it was a late night/early morning staple.

lol sounds familiar. I think you are a couple years older than me so you were able to FULLY feel and understand the impact of grunge as it happened live.

I was only nine years old in 1991 when Smells like Teen spirit was released. It is similar to the magic that was happening in the electronic music world.

Diet is old enough to have witnessed it first hand and been at an age when he could fully appreciate it's impact. I was lucky to be 17 in 1999 when the second electronic music wave hit but listened a few years before thanks to my cousin.

When I was a teenager obviously there wasn't the internet so we had to take what we could get. What we could get was a Radio station called 103.1 The Buzz. I'm not sure if they were nationally known but for an area that had a high Spanish, Black and White People who followed Country demographic it was a blessing.

Every year they would put on a VANS Warped tour style concert with all the upcoming "Alternative" groups. Yes True "Grundge" was starting to give way to Nu-Metal and groups like 311/Korn/RATM but you still got a little taste of what it was about.

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:38 am

bush had some catchy tunes & I spent MANY nights in the titty bar back in the day hearing 'comedown' over & over & over... so it has it's special place in my soundtrack of life. it was a late night/early morning staple.

Yeah I was just listening to Bush today and remembered just how damn catchy their songs were. the only thing was it is obvious they lacked any "substance" like Winnson would say.

They def. straddled the line of pop music and true grundge but you have to admit sixteen stone is a pretty decent album. It's amazing that guy nabbed Gwen Stefani and she stuck with him even though his career fizzled out.

* daffy duck gif *

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:44 am

Anti D wrote:

Yeah I was just listening to Bush today and remembered just how damn catchy their songs were. the only thing was it is obvious they lacked any "substance" like Winnson would say.

They def. straddled the line of pop music and true grundge but you have to admit sixteen stone is a pretty decent album. It's amazing that guy nabbed Gwen Stefani and she stuck with him even though his career fizzled out.

yeah dude, I've listened to 'comedown' a couple times now after posting it. I really dig that tune.

I can almost smell the baby powder.

I take it back about bush.

OH YEAH... I'm listening to the tunes that flatus posted. damn good. muchas gracias

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:49 am

"Don't let the Dayyyyyys go by.......Glycerine"

* looks at exes picture....the one that got away, wipes tears, lights spoon, forgets *

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:56 am

Daglord wrote:
Anti D wrote:

yeah dude, I've listened to 'comedown' a couple times now after posting it. I really dig that tune.

I can almost smell the baby powder.

I take it back about bush.

OH YEAH... I'm listening to the tunes that flatus posted. damn good. muchas gracias

lol yeah man I'm not saying they were Alice in Chains but they had a few good songs.

Guy had a a voice.........let just say he was no Eddie Vedder in the "substance" department.

I think when you are a somewhat manufactured band like they were and void of true passion for the music this is the output. Remember some of the groups I am are naming I was listening to "live" when I was 12 -16 years old so I couldn't fully understand the message.

I have said this about electronic music that even though I had the ear when I was younger and notice why I took the direction I did in my tastes i still listened to some "cheese"

* Hides Darude and ATB cd *

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:12 am

So I went to go watch "SIB" and realized that while I was clacking away on the keyboard all hopped on "junior mints" I loaded up another video on Youtube. shit. Damn Nina Kraviz and her sexy lips and mannerisms.

If you find it again please post it dags. I tried but I keep getting "rickrolled" by some broad over and over again.

Even if you can't find there is SO much more to talk about on this topic. Honestly I wanted to start with the new movie and the supposed "new" evidence but....."It is what is" ;)

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:49 am

Anti D wrote:If you find it again please post it dags. I tried but I keep getting "rickrolled" by some broad over and over again.

best I can do:

http://supermegastream.com/soaked-in-bleach-2015

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:12 am

Daglord wrote:
Anti D wrote:If you find it again please post it dags. I tried but I keep getting "rickrolled" by some broad over and over again.

best I can do:

http://supermegastream.com/soaked-in-bleach-2015

555 8-)

Daglord

Postby Daglord » Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:15 am

Diet Butcher wrote:This could get as interesting as the epic Beatles thread!

MY 2ND FAVORITE THREAD OF ALL TIME!

beaten only by your 'music documentaries... post them here' thread

*hint, hint* 8-)

Anti D

Postby Anti D » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:56 am

Watched "SIB" last night and enjoyed it much better than the first time around. Still have a few issues with the circumstantial evidence that was presented that challenges the notion that Kurt Cobain committed suicide.

Big thanks to daklawd who is everything that makes the Anarchy Zone so great.

Took notes with a pen and paper so I wouldn't forget anything that stuck out.

Will try to get to this on Monday. Until then.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”