Rise of the AI

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
robbstar

Rise of the AI

Postby robbstar » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:05 am

http://www.everythingsanillusion.com/po ... of-the-ai/

A look at the whole concept of Artificial Intelligence, from past, present and future perspectives.
Are we moving into a new age of super conscious computers, so advanced we can no longer control them ??

:)

May be of interest :)

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 am

I listened.

You seemed a bit wasted, lol

Actually, I was too. I was working super quick to meet a deadline, and the first hour of the show it was weird I had it on low volume, barely cold understand but you soothing voice put me into a trance, lol

About half way through I realized what was happening and that I was enjoying the topic so I snapped out of the trance, turned up the volume and followed the rest of the show.

I personally think its a fallacy that consciousness is a result of matter... that is, that with the right mechanism (brain/nervous system, computer, etc), that consciousness can arise. It is my great suspicion that the opposite is true, that matter and design are a result of consciousness.

This is a really important issue for me, and relates to a lot of things about the way imo we've been sort of tricked through Darwinism, scientific revolution etc. A purely 'mechanistic' view of ourselves, the world, and the universe. It takes consciousness out of the equation and/or makes it secondary to mechanism, if that makes sense

Relating to AI then, if any of this is so, then real consciousness could never arise from machines... unless consciousness comes from elsewhere, pre-existing, INTO the machine. That shit might be possible, lol

Its a freaky topic that I don't usually give much thought to. I don't really like tech too much, if any of this shit starts to happen I am going to live in a cabin somewhere

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:55 am

Was trying a different approach , i had written everything out, so I got my facts etc on point. But in hindsight it fucked my flow . Learn , improve, overcome, conquer :)

I agree conciousness produces the physical, fast vibrations slow down into the physical. My objective for this was to show that in a thousand years of trying, that the idea of infusing a mechanical element with a sentient conciousness is no closer now than it was then. The power of our technology has gave us a false hope , I think we will look back in 500 years at these times as we talk about how close we are then to producing an AI.

If an AI is created and then dies, the software that housed its conciousness disappears or if connected to a network is uploaded and reused or recycled or allowed to flow free in the network. The physical mass of the dead machine had not changed yet the vital essence has left.

If an human dies, the housed conciousness disappears or if connected to a network (a life of religious or spiritual practice) is uploaded (Flys to heaven) and reused or recycled (reincarnated) or allowed to flow free in the network (spirit after world). The physical mass of the dead body has not changed yet the vital essence has left.

Are we just AI skin jobs like in Battle star galactica ??

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”