30 – Richard Steel – Fear, Martial Arts, Adventure, Life

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
robbstar

30 – Richard Steel – Fear, Martial Arts, Adventure, Life

Postby robbstar » Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:46 am

http://www.everythingsanillusion.com/po ... -and-more/

Rich as about as close as anyone I have ever met to a doaist. He truly lives in the Now. I ahve see him jump 100ft cliffs, dive sumps in rivers and other crazy shit that if you sat back an gave it two seconds of thought you would be like " no , fuck that " hahaha

"In this episode I am joined by my good friend Richard Steel, Rich is an Award Winning Film Maker that works in the Scottish TV industry. Listen in as we talk about FEAR, releasing it and living life to the full, Adventure, choosing to live in the NOW, Martial Arts, Travel, Creativity and more. So hit play and join us on another magical journey as we question Everything !!"
Attachments
fb header 30.jpg
fb header 30.jpg (14.35 KiB) Viewed 3379 times

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:00 am

Just listened

GREAT discussion.

The parts about fear are fascinating... how allowing fear totally increases the chances of accident, while absence of fear totally increase the chances of success. I remember hearing a story about a kid snowboarder doing insane huge jumps etc, who professed the only way to do it is to not be afraid at all.

I've done my share of cliffjumping too, and have ridden life on a razor a few times and for sure feel the thrill of such risk and fearlessness.

On the other hand, I have also totally seen a change in myself since becoming a parent and growing older. The thrill of an extreme feat, or the admiration of my peers is no longer as tempting a reward, no longer worth the risk of getting myself offed and leaving my wife and kids etc. Not by a longshot.

I have actually developed a rather strong fear of heights, which is weird because I used to have no such thing when I was younger, and enjoyed plenty a time enjoying the thrill of heights

So, are such stunts really tapping into some glimmer of truth or enlightened awareness? Or are they just dumb? lol Is it really worth it? Is your life so un-precious as to gamble with it for a few moments of adrenaline?

I remember even in my teens doing a few stunts that I barely survived, and felt quite stupid the whole drive home afterwards, lol

Ah, middle age lol

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:59 am

It braw fun :) The films we made and a view of cliff jumpin here in Scotland.
https://sites.google.com/site/flyingfat ... ure-videos
https://vimeo.com/31371980

I agree, in some respects. Youth brings the ability to push through, due to new experiences, testosterone, adrenaline, pear pressure etc. But Its when as you say we get older, we have responsibilities, we weigh up our options and we begin to become shells of our former selves. We stop living, we stop doing those crazy things that shaped our very being, those close calls that made us question EVERYTHING.
"Shit I nearly died"

I'v worked in an industry that's whole purpose is to sanatise risk, then package it in such away that JOe Blogs can pay a small fee for FEELING that risk, that excitement of adventure. The operators that Manage Risk / provide rafting, canyoning , climbing adventures etc, are all tuned to the moon, and totally amazing cats mainly because they still have that youthful drive to seek out risk, even if it is just to sanatise it so they can sell it to Joe blogs..

I am very much an over thinking man. The first time I went cliff jumping I wouldn't even jump 10 feet!! I have to know the dangers etc before I open up to the risk. I worked my self up to 80 ft, step by step. In the process became a guide, got my swift water rescue ticket and made some films. It was fear and that in ability to understand it that forced my hand, that made me confront and manage the risk presented. It took me a while but I got to the same heights my buddies got to .

I suppose what I am trying to say is, I never want to lose that ability to challenge my fears, to be brave enough to look at risk and work out how I can manage it. Trust me I don't mean sanatise it , I mean educate myself so that when the shit hits the fan , I have out of the worst odds possible the best fighting chance to stay alive. Of late I have become a desk jokey with no real risk ever coming my way. Sometimes I go hard in grappling .lol Adventure is what made me and I never want to lose that, is it dumb? selfish? I think not. Folk like Rich are unique, they LIVE, they commit, they lighten up a dull room, they breath life into otherwise stagnant corpses. Unfortunately I have become one of those corpses.

And I am making step to get some adventure back in my soul :) Even if it be some commercial , sanatised shizzing.lol

Got a Canadian on the podcast this week :) Talking about society - really interesting cat.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Hey robbstar, nice comments

Becoming a parent fucks everything up, lol -All of a sudden it becomes a powerful instinct to preserve one's self

I think perhaps there may be ways to take the same energy, the same view of life, but evolve it as we go through different stages of life. Different sorts of risk, different sorts of rushes... Different things we seek to 'feel alive' or feel on the edge of appreciating life or to use that 'no fear' mental power, etc

Hey speaking of Canadian guests, I know a dude here who would make a very good guest... knows TONS about Canadian politics, more importantly Canadian ECONOMICS and is advocating for the COMER Bank of Canada Case here. He also is up on Canadian False Flags etc, a really sharp mind

If you'd like a guest let me know I'll put you guys in touch

Keep going brother, great great podcast continues to be fresh

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:47 pm

PS: Nice video!

What is all the parachute type gear you guys have on?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 pm

whoa, sequel :D

robbstar

Postby robbstar » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:01 pm

https://vimeo.com/31371980
This is the third one .

The gear is - A wet suit to keep you warm. A buoyancy aid to keep you afloat if shit goes wrong, it will assist you untill someone can rescue you, it also helps bring you to the surface when your jumping into fast flowing water or are a fat pie like me!! . A helmet to protect the head, also each buoyancy vest (white water specific) will have a knife, quick release rescue harness and a whistle. We also have throw bags, rope, pulleys and a first aid kit.

The main reason is everyone in the films worked in the industry, and when they have the knowledge and the gear they use it.

I totally see the parent aspect, i sometimes worry when the wife aint home in time and always turn into a stressed and risk averse when I am watching my nice or nephews, say at the play park etc lol Defnietly find my self looking for other ways to question the fear, life etc as my old bones mature but defo like a wee bit of sanatised fun now and then. Did a bungee jump last year which was pretty cool, may try something similar again soon.

I am always up for new guests, and anyone worthy of the Masato stamp is always welcome on my show :) Ask him, if he is keen lets make it happen :)

hell yeah amen

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”