Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

CT Personality Charlie Vietch Turns his back on CTs

Postby Masato » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:14 pm

Hey all, this is interesting

I will cut the article short, here it is if you wanna read the whole thing:

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... it-up.html

In a nutshell, Charlie Vietch was one of the early post-9/11 youtube hits, as he would stand on streetcorners with a bullhorn antagonizing cops, etc. Telling people to 'go back to sleep' etc lol I believe he also helped Dan Dicks make the G20 documentary 'Into The Fire' if I'm not mistaken... which is a pretty good film imo

Apparently he got right lost in it though, started going to conventions and 'Truther' conferences but making no money, all the while doing acid and partying like a motherfucker.

And then, somehow, he quit, and turned his whole back on the whole scene.

The article sucks, the author lumping all conspiracies into one and labeling it 'ridiculous' in the opening paragraph. But it is a fascinating ? about the INDIVIDUAL Charlie Vietch.

IMO, grappling with Conspiracy information can really fuck a person up. Vietch argues that it plays to people's egos, and that they become these delusional truth warriors out to save the world etc;

"By finding conspiracy theories, it was almost like I'd found religion. I've always been an outsider, a lone wolf. I wanted someone to accept me. I was emotionally needing a group."

He also argues how too many of them get so caught up that it becomes almost cult-ish, knowing 'the truth' and amassing followers etc. He also complains about the inter-fighting and hatred one receives if they say anything against the cult mentality.

So he turns his back on the CT community entirely, suddenly says its all bullshit, and the CT Community reacts HARSH - someone hacking his computer and pinning him for fake pedo shit lol (don't fuck with angry CTers lol)

...I haven't looked into this any further but want to dig a little deeper, apparently there are several videos of Vietch denouncing his belief in CTs, and an equal amount of backlash discussion calling him a shill etc etc etc

I think all these points are very correct, but its sad to use this as a reason to toss all CT ideas away, as a great deal of them remain extremely valid and have nothing to do with such personality-types.

I also hated how the article somehow confuses the grief of victim's families with the validity of a CT / 'official story'. I hate when people do that. Jackie O lost a loved one too, but that doesn't make the Warren Commission any less obscene

Anyway thought it was interesting, I used to dig the guy's bullhorn stunts :D

Beware letting CTs consume you, the point where it becomes 'belief' and starts to take on religious qualities giving life meaning and answers etc is much nearer than we tend to think. If we go over it, it may not be so easy to come back again under stable footing. My theory is either a) Vietch was bought out, or b) he just went full retard and was so embarrassed that he over-compensated by renouncing the whole lot

Or maybe c) the author of the article is a CT-hating dumbass who is misrepresenting Vietch, lol

Like I said I'd like to look a bit more into this.

enjoy:

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experie ... it-up.html

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:05 pm

I remember he got busted and thrown in the cages at the g20 and after that he was never the same. He may have never been a true truth seeker, looking for $ on youtube hits and Internet fame comes to mind
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”