Newspeak

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Newspeak

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:27 pm

Man you would not believe what my daughter's school is sending now to all the parents/students/families.

I will post the details when I have more time but they have stepped way over the line, public schools here have become lunacy propaganda centres and have lost all sight of what their role in society is supposed to be.

Absolute insanity.

I have requested a meeting with the Principal and whoever wrote that crap ASAP. I will keep you posted.

Seriously looking at other affordable options for schooling. I can put up with a certain level of expected bullshit, my kids are raised to think critically and I'm actually glad they have some stuff to sink their mental teeth into... but it has gone full clownshow now with no filters at all on what they are doing.

Bonkers

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:31 pm

Oooh, I am intrigued
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:08 am

Canuckster wrote:Oooh, I am intrigued

OK they sent this to every family with a child attending that school. I don't know how many other schools got the same memo:

Friday, March 12, 2021

The Friday Update

Dear Parents/Guardians,

The CEO’s and Advocates For Equity recommend families watch the following links posted below. We hope you can watch/read/listen/connect/ with an open mind, learn something about our world, have critical conversations, and consider how you can turn that learning into action.

This Equity Picture is Actually White Supremacy At Work - Students in the MMR community should read this article, especially the teachers and equity team, as this image is seen in equity slideshows, and the article explains how the picture shows white supremacy through the presentation of equity as needy based on a deficiency.
https://medium.com/@eec/this-equity-pic ... f4ea700509

7 Myths About Cultural Appropriation - This video shows the difference between appropriation, appreciation, and assimilation, and gives examples of each. People should watch this video to understand how to show respect to different cultures without being offensive, demeaning, or profiting from another culture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXejDhRGOuI

What is BIPOC - People should read this article because it explains where the term BIPOC falls short, and how a lot of people feel the term is not effective in many situations. We need to be mindful of the language we use, and be aware of its limitations.
https://www.nytimes.com/article/what-is-bipoc.html

How to Begin Talking About Race in the Workplace - This article explains how conversations about race are essential in diverse workplaces. People should read this to understand the need to embrace discomfort, recognize their own privilege, and become more anti-racist,
https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/art ... workplace/

My point of contention is not even the subjects being discussed. Not even gonna get into that.

My point is that all of these links are no less crappy than any junk I see on my Twitter feed; a stupid meme that has clearly been misinterpreted, a YouTube video by some woman, a New York Times article, and some obscure paper written from a university in a whole different fucking country.

If I didn't know better I would think that some virtue-signalling retards in the schoolboard decided to start using the public school email system as a platform to start peddling their own personal SJW garbage.
but I know better....

If I did want to contend with the content of those links it would be a whole different war. Because they are absurd, explosive, highly complex and controversial, and should not be taught so recklessly to children by people who really don't know what the fuck they are talking about any better than the average parent.

I have requested a meeting with the Principal and whoever drafted that email, saying; "I find it somewhat concerning, and would like to know the process through which it was drafted and approved, and what the current criteria is for deciding which information MMR chooses to use the public email system to distribute"

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:20 pm

Kick some ass !
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:21 pm

Canuckster wrote:Kick some ass !

Well I'd appreciate any thoughts.

I am not unleashing any grandiose battle nor expect any results. My plan is to not even get into the content of the links sent, just challenge their abuse of the school email system to peddle their own personal opinions, embarrass them a little.

Or, possibly, I discover that it came from higher up, and that it wasn't just my daughter's school that received the memo. Which would be interesting.

My son's middle school had a similar thing I think I posted here somewhere where MANY schools all simultaneously hired a completely unqualified inexperienced new business to come into the schools in person or virtually to talk to the children about white privilege and systematic racism.
Absolutely bizarre

It's tough because I am working on picking my battles more wisely, letting a lot of things go, trying to keep a more peaceful state of mind intact, yet I'm being bombarded daily by things that are really quite disturbing. I still think we should pick our battles and not gas out going too far off the rails to resist and fight it all, but at the same time some lines need to be drawn, some things require some pushback. Knowing when and how much is a really tough call to make these days. I have friends that are resisting with all their might and are hurting themselves over it, and I have friends that are non-resisting and totally allowing everything to step all over them without even a whimper. Both I think are extreme. Navigating that middle ground but it's pretty foggy sometimes

I just wanna see WTF is going on in the public school system, since covid there has suddenly been many drastic changes that came out of nowhere.

My daughter has 1 year left to graduate, my son has 4. What to do... ?

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:07 pm

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:Kick some ass !

Well I'd appreciate any thoughts.

I am not unleashing any grandiose battle nor expect any results. My plan is to not even get into the content of the links sent, just challenge their abuse of the school email system to peddle their own personal opinions, embarrass them a little.

Or, possibly, I discover that it came from higher up, and that it wasn't just my daughter's school that received the memo. Which would be interesting.

My son's middle school had a similar thing I think I posted here somewhere where MANY schools all simultaneously hired a completely unqualified inexperienced new business to come into the schools in person or virtually to talk to the children about white privilege and systematic racism.
Absolutely bizarre

It's tough because I am working on picking my battles more wisely, letting a lot of things go, trying to keep a more peaceful state of mind intact, yet I'm being bombarded daily by things that are really quite disturbing. I still think we should pick our battles and not gas out going too far off the rails to resist and fight it all, but at the same time some lines need to be drawn, some things require some pushback. Knowing when and how much is a really tough call to make these days. I have friends that are resisting with all their might and are hurting themselves over it, and I have friends that are non-resisting and totally allowing everything to step all over them without even a whimper. Both I think are extreme. Navigating that middle ground but it's pretty foggy sometimes

I just wanna see WTF is going on in the public school system, since covid there has suddenly been many drastic changes that came out of nowhere.

My daughter has 1 year left to graduate, my son has 4. What to do... ?

- Years ago you posted a thread about a couple of friends of your's, that wanted home-schooling. Because they where afraid that the governament would mess with their children mind.

Now thats became a real thing. I said back years ago that children would benefit of the social interaction. Now this isn't a truth anymore. Maybe they 're doing this to make people pay for their children education?
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:43 am

el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:32 pm

There is no 'assigning' of gender at birth. It just is or it isn't. It's not a fuckin judgement call.

And there IS a 'consensus criteria' on how to identify gender, we've been identifying gender at birth for thousands of years, everyone (until now) has clearly agreed how this is done

what planet is CCN living on?

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:07 pm

Yeah. Salafism doesn’t seem so bad.

Rambo John J

Postby Rambo John J » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:19 am

Megaterio Llamas wrote:

haha

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”