Your opinion on gun control

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Your opinion on gun control

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:11 am

- What's the opinion of my fellow Masatonians, on gun control laws on your country?

It's teorifically hard to get a legal gun here. If you need one to protect yourself. And they're very expensive. You're probably gonna expend more than 2,000 R$, on adquiring a legal firearm here.
But even with those hindrances in hand, several wackojobs and douches, are gonna buy guns to shoot people on the trafic roads.

What about the gun laws where you live?
Do you own firearms?

I dont own any. But i prefer revolveres over pistols when in the shooting range.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:14 pm

I'm conflicted on this

On one hand I really appreciate in Canada that guns are hard to get and most people don't have them here. In 45 years I have never had an encounter with a gun and am grateful, it's just nice that it's not really a part of reality here for the most part (we hear of shootings in the city, Brampton etc I'm sure it exists but not hard to steer clear imo).
I don't think people really need them outside of hunt and sport, if I start arming then you start arming and everyone is scared and society becomes volatile.

On the other hand, I am starting to see how the 2nd Amendment in the USA can become very relevant if a country's government starts to get too overreaching and corrupted. Once governments like Biden, CCP etc start taking guns away from the people it's game over. In the states right now I think I would feel much safer if I had some organized militia friends.

So I suppose it all depends on the state of government in a particular place.

But overall I'm certainly not crazy for guns, they are super dangerous and intended to kill. I don't have one, probably never will. Things would have to get pretty bad for me to resort to that. Let's see, lol

what's the difference between a pistol and a revolver?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm

The problem with guns in the US as defence from a tyrannical government is that ultimately you will lose that firefight, lol

They have more than you, they have armies and tanks and aircraft and way more guns and ammo. If you really wanna get down to that I think any militia would eventually get Waco'd

So in practical measures it may not even be effective as a 2nd amendment option :(

In the past where a family could have their own land and a homestead it made absolute perfect sense for them to have guns to protect their land and family. But now with such population increase, people living so close together in tighter neighborhoods/communities/cities it seems to be a different situation. Too many that can get caught in crossfire etc, it gets really crazy and dangerous fast.
The idea is to keep the peace, but too many will just make a mess and create more danger.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:19 pm

Edge, would a gun make you feel safer in Brazil, if you are robbed or your house is broken into etc? I know first hand people in Brazil who have been robbed/invaded at gunpoint.

My uncle tried to grab a robber's gun once, he got his finger shot off lol

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:53 pm

Masato wrote:Edge, would a gun make you feel safer in Brazil, if you are robbed or your house is broken into etc? I know first hand people in Brazil who have been robbed/invaded at gunpoint.

My uncle tried to grab a robber's gun once, he got his finger shot off lol

-Yes. The number of those crimes decreased in places that people have Money to buy firearms. And since criminals dont know what house has guns or not, they get more Cautious in breaking um people homes.

But we know leftist politics love criminals. :mrgreen:

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:13 pm

Masato wrote:I'm conflicted on this

On one hand I really appreciate in Canada that guns are hard to get and most people don't have them here. In 45 years I have never had an encounter with a gun and am grateful, it's just nice that it's not really a part of reality here for the most part (we hear of shootings in the city, Brampton etc I'm sure it exists but not hard to steer clear imo).
I don't think people really need them outside of hunt and sport, if I start arming then you start arming and everyone is scared and society becomes volatile.

On the other hand, I am starting to see how the 2nd Amendment in the USA can become very relevant if a country's government starts to get too overreaching and corrupted. Once governments like Biden, CCP etc start taking guns away from the people it's game over. In the states right now I think I would feel much safer if I had some organized militia friends.

So I suppose it all depends on the state of government in a particular place.

But overall I'm certainly not crazy for guns, they are super dangerous and intended to kill. I don't have one, probably never will. Things would have to get pretty bad for me to resort to that. Let's see, lol

what's the difference between a pistol and a revolver?

- Revólveres have a rotating cilinder chamber, are more reliable in my opinion, require less maintenance, and can shoot even when rusted ir ir you let them fall. They're easy to take aim.

And look far cool to hold. Clint uses one in Dirty Harry.

Pistols can be semi-automatic, but they're are less realiable here. Require more maintenance can stop working when rusted and acidentaly shoot if you let them fall.
People use more pistols um home defence, since they can shoot more rounds.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:15 pm

- A pistol is far more expensive here.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:21 pm

Masato wrote:The problem with guns in the US as defence from a tyrannical government is that ultimately you will lose that firefight, lol

They have more than you, they have armies and tanks and aircraft and way more guns and ammo. If you really wanna get down to that I think any militia would eventually get Waco'd

So in practical measures it may not even be effective as a 2nd amendment option :(

In the past where a family could have their own land and a homestead it made absolute perfect sense for them to have guns to protect their land and family. But now with such population increase, people living so close together in tighter neighborhoods/communities/cities it seems to be a different situation. Too many that can get caught in crossfire etc, it gets really crazy and dangerous fast.
The idea is to keep the peace, but too many will just make a mess and create more danger.

- I agree with you. And the governament would only need a couple of ATP's and fill helicopters.
But i honestly dont think the armed force would face their own people, just because a couple of politicians asked.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”