THE SECRET LAND OPERATION HIGHJUMP U.S. NAVY ANTARCTIC EXPEDITION 1946 ADM. RICHARD BYRD 24972

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Canuckster

THE SECRET LAND OPERATION HIGHJUMP U.S. NAVY ANTARCTIC EXPEDITION 1946 ADM. RICHARD BYRD 24972

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 31, 2021 2:21 am

The Secret Land is a 1948 American documentary about an American expedition code-named "Operation High Jump" to explore Antarctica. It won the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.

The movie was entirely by military cameramen. The expedition was under the overall command of Admiral Richard E. Byrd, no stranger to the Antarctic. This was a large undertaking involving 13 ships and over 4000 thousand men. The fleet departed from Norfolk, Virginia traveling through the Panama canal and then southward to their final destination. The trip through the ice pack was fraught with danger and forced the submarine that was part of the fleet to withdraw. The trip was a success meeting all of its scientific goals. The film is narrated by three Hollywood stars, all of whom served in the US Navy: Robert Taylor, Robert Montgomery and Van Heflin.

In 1946, the U.S. Navy launches "Operation Highjump" to explore and map the Antarctic region and, in the process, test men, ships and equipment against the harsh climate. Chester W. Nimitz, Chief of Naval Operations, directs the expedition. Three groups make up the expedition: The central land-plane group, headed by Rear-Admiral Richard E. Byrd, will explore and map the interior from a base in Little America, while two other groups will explore and map the eastern and western coasts. The teams must finish their work before the end of the brief Antarctic summer. In addition to scientific equipment and other supplies, the ships carry sled dogs to provide land transportation. At the equator, men and dogs who have never crossed the equator are initiated in humorous King Neptune ceremonies.

When strong storms hit the ships in the southern hemisphere, many sailors are injured and several seaplanes are lost. The rough seas prevent the central group from landing at Scott Island, but despite this setback, the men onboard celebrate Christmas with a traditional dinner and gifts. The central group now depends on an icebreaker to cut a path through the ice pack in the Ross Sea to the Bay of Whales and the base at Little America on the Ross Ice Shelf. Meanwhile, the western group has reached Peter Island. From there, seaplanes scout the coast, where they find explorer Robert Scott's former camp. The progress of the central group is hampered by ice, and the submarine accompanying the ships is caught between two ice flows. The icebreaker returns to free the submarine, which is sent home.

While the western group waits for the icebreaker's return, they observe and capture for further study penguins, seals and other Antarctic wildlife. When the central group reaches Little America, the explorers unload their equipment and, making use of the twenty-four-hour summer daylight, quickly build a tent city and airstrips. Admiral Byrd flies in on the first airplane, which lands perfectly, but the remaining planes must take off at night in order to beat an approaching storm. After the blizzard clears, ice is cleaned off the planes, and a man crawls down a shaft to an earlier base buried under the snow. The cold, dry air of Antarctica has perfectly preserved the supplies that were left behind. While mapping expeditions fly over the land, divers test cold-water survival suits in the frigid ocean. On flights from their base in the Bellany Islands, the eastern group spots Mt. Aramis, the only active volcano near the South pole, and near the Shakleton Ice Shelf, the explorers discover 500 miles of snowless land heated by warm water lakes, which they name Bunger's Oasis.

The short summer is ending, and the fleet near Little America is becoming frozen in the ice. After the fleet is freed by an icebreaker, it departs, leaving behind Byrd and some volunteers to continue explorations by air. During the eastern group's mapping of the Phantom Coast, mountains made of coal are discovered. A crew is lost during one flight, and after a search of two weeks, the survivors are found. Three men die in the crash and one, badly burned, loses his legs to frostbite. The icebreaker returns to pick up Byrd and his men, and the successful expedition returns home, having learned much about this largely unknown territory.

We encourage viewers to add comments and, especially, to provide additional information about our videos by adding a comment! See something interesting? Tell people what it is and what they can see by writing something for example: "01:00:12:00 -- President Roosevelt is seen meeting with Winston Churchill at the Quebec Conference."

This film is part of the Periscope Film LLC archive, one of the largest historic military, transportation, and aviation stock footage collections in the USA. Entirely film backed, this material is available for licensing in 24p HD, 2k and 4k. For more information visit http://www.PeriscopeFilm.com
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon May 31, 2021 12:56 pm

I've heard this story many times but am gonna watch right now anyways, lol

Long days of work ahead.

I recently met someone who is very interested in the UFO/UAP phenomenon, and all the stuff that has supposedly been disclosed about it, videos the Pentagon admits are authentic etc... he gave me a list of names to study and I spent most of yesterday going through them

It is indeed so fascinating but I am always frustrated how little there really is after a certain point, and how muddled the fact are with pure rumor. It's really difficult to get anywhere. Operation Highjump is like that, everything we know about it is super boggling and fascinating but then the rabbit hole just comes to an abrupt end and nobody can seem to find anything further.

Hoping this doc has at least something new but not expecting, lol

I will enjoy anyways :D like I said I love this tale

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Mon May 31, 2021 4:49 pm

- That's a great reading. It's crazy to think it's was around 80's years ago. It's cool and at the same time scary to think what those brave men and dog's faced so many decades ago.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Mon May 31, 2021 7:18 pm

Look to Robert sepehr YouTube channel for more videos regarding operation high jump and newschwabenland in Antarctica. Also of note is how admiral Byrd met his end.

This story goes much deeper than you think. I'll try and update with some more info on it.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:15 am

Canuckster wrote:Look to Robert sepehr YouTube channel for more videos regarding operation high jump and newschwabenland in Antarctica. Also of note is how admiral Byrd met his end.

This story goes much deeper than you think. I'll try and update with some more info on it.

On it:

MAE BRUSSELL for the win. Awesome Sepehr found one of her old broadcasts. I binged on Mae Brussell a few times, she is badass.

According to the clips Sepehr found, Admiral Byrd got his ass kicked and came home with his tail between his legs. Nazis purportedly successfully colonized parts of Antarctica.

Don't believe the hype what MSM tells you the Faulkland Islands wars were supposed to be about, lol

Foo Fighter stories fit this narrative too.

Still listening...

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 01, 2021 2:25 am

whoa trippy Mae Brussell suggesting that UFO's (now called UAP's) are nazi tech from antarctica.

This is weird to me as I recently had a discussion with someone super interested in UAP's, he gave me a big list of names to research and one of them Mae Brussell just quoted. That's some synchronicity for ya

MORE PLEASE lol :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:30 am

@ 13:44

Barney Hill (of famed Betty & Barney Hill case), under hypnosis, says one of the occupants of the craft he encountered was a red-haired German Nazi. His words;

by the way, did you know that UFC fighter Angela Hill is their granddaughter??

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:46 am

INTERESTING;

The Strange “Hollow Earth” Case of Admiral Richard Byrd

https://medium.com/the-weird-closet/the ... 69a62264fc

“There comes a time when the rationality of men must fade into insignificance and one must accept the inevitability of the Truth! I am not at liberty to disclose the following documentation at this writing…perhaps it shall never see the light of public scrutiny, but I must do duty and record here for all to read one day. In a world of greed and exploitation of mankind can no longer suppress that which is truth.”

Medal of Honor recipient Admiral Richard E. Byrd allegedly wrote his encounter with a lost civilization in Antarctica. According to Hollow Earth theorists, Byrd met ancient race underground in the South Pole.

How was this left out from Byrd’s mission: Operation Highjump? Could it be one big hoax conspiracy theorists love to fantasize?

According to Byrd’s “diary,” the government ordered Byrd to remain silent for what he witnessed during his Arctic assignment:

March 11, 1947

“I have just attended a Staff Meeting at the Pentagon. I have stated fully my discovery and the message from the Master. All is duly recorded. The President has been advised. I am now detained for several hours (six hours, thirty- nine minutes, to be exact.) I am interviewed intently by Top Security Forces and a Medical Team. It was an ordeal!!!! I am placed under strict control via the National Security provisions of this United States of America. I am ORDERED TO REMAIN SILENT IN REGARD TO ALL THAT I HAVE LEARNED, ON THE BEHALF OF HUMANITY!!! Incredible! I am reminded that I am a Military Man and I must obey orders.”

After many polar accomplishments, Byrd organized Operation Highjump in 1947. The objective: construct an American training and research facility in the South Pole.

“Bulldozer clears path during Operation Highjump” via Wikimedia

A simple military task, right?

Some say the American government sent their troops to the South Pole for any evidence of the rumored German Base 211.

Nazis were fascinated with anything regarding the Aryan race. They traveled all over the world including Antarctica to learn more of alleged origins.

The Germans did make their mark in the South Pole. However, what they have discovered doesn’t compared to what Byrd recorded in his diary.
AGARTHA: ANTARCTICA’S SECRET

“Inside the Hollow Earth” via Big Think

For thousands of years, people all over the world have written legends about Agartha (sometimes called Agarta or Agarthi), the underground city. Did Byrd find it?

He met “The Master,” the city’s leader, who told him of his concerns about the surface world:

“Our interest rightly begins just after your Race exploded the first atomic bombs over Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan. It was that alarming time we sent our flying machines, the ‘Flugelrads’ to your surface world to investigate what your Race had done…You see, we have never interfered before in your Race’s wars and barbarity. But now we must, for you have learned to tamper with a certain power that is not for your Man, mainly that of atomic energy. Our emissaries have already delivered messages to the power of your World, and yet they do not heed.”

Apparently, the government knew about Agartha before Byrd.

According to the Master, places such as Tibet, the Great Pyramid of Giza, and the North Pole all have tunnels leading to Agartha.

What else did the Master teach Byrd? What about the rest of the Operation Highjump crew? Byrd didn’t uncover the underground world alone.

Whether the whole Hollow Earth story is fact or fiction, it’s great to imagine there are still hidden civilizations out there in the world.

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:33 am

OPERATION HIGHJUMP 1946 U.S. NAVY ANTARCTIC RESEARCH EXPEDITION ADMIRAL RICHARD E. BYRD 83274

In this issue of the Army-Navy Screen Magazine series (No. 85), viewers are treated to a short documentary on the U.S. Navy’s Antarctic expedition Operation Highjump, a 1946-1947 mission to Antarctica to establish the Antarctic research base Little America IV, assess the feasibility of maintaining a permanent base, and further American understanding of the continent. The film begins with aerial footage of Antarctica, a map of the continent, and footage of men framing buildings and carving ice blocks during construction of the first Little America exploration bases (1929-1941). Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd and men gather in a tent during one of the early expeditions (00:48). A plane taxis on a snowy runway (01:30); a dogsled moves across the snow. Admiral Byrd, heading the Navy’s Task Force 68, and Real Admiral Richard H. Cruzen prepare to leave on Operation Highjump in 1946 (02:05). Viewers see the expedition’s ships, planes (including the amphibious Martin PBM Mariner), and helicopters (what appears to be a Sikorsky R-4). Men pose with equipment and arctic clothing. Several men work with huskies and wrap their paws (03:00); the film shows the huskies at their kennel in New Hampshire. The first units of the expedition set sail for Antarctica. A ship (presumably the flagship USS Mount Olympus, passes a massive iceberg (03:58). Whales swim in the arctic waters. A ship passes through an icefield (04:37). A helicopter takes off from one of the ships to go scout. The USCGC Icebreaker Northwind breaks through ice so other ships can follow (05:10). The USS Mount Olympus is frozen stuck in the ice (05:27). The Navy submarine USS Sennet is stuck in ice; footage shows the freed Sennet returning to the U.S. after it is determined that it isn’t safe for the sub to continue on the mission. The Central Group ships make landfall in Whales Bay near the Little America base (06:53). Men anchor a ship into the ice by freezing a large piece of timber in the ice. A Navy man offers his hand to a penguin. Scouts head out on cross country skis and find the previous Little America base buried in snow and ice (07:55). Men dig out ice and snow and enter the below-ground base. A Navy captain locates the main entrance. Dog teams pull sleds (09:15); steel mats are laid down to bridge a crevasse. A penguin watches as men set up tents. Douglas R4D transport planes (Navy designation for Douglas C-47) take off from carrier USS Philippine Sea (09:56). The large planes land on air strip at Little America. Byrd climbs out of the plane and greets the men of the task force. Alligator LVTs, modified for cold weather, head to rock pillar mountains, presumably the Transantarctic Mountains (10:50). There is a good aerial shot of Little America IV (11:20). On the snowy ground, seals scoot around for photographers. Divers of the Navy’s Underwater Demolition Team drop into the icy water and pose for the camera (11:55). There is a shot of a massive iceberg floating into the Bay of Whales (12:30). The film then cuts to the sailing ships of the Eastern Group, where Captain George J. Dufek crosses a line between the USS Brownson and Pine Island (12:50), but the line breaks and he falls into the sea. A motor whaler retrieves the captain from the icy water. A Mariner mapping plane flies overhead. A Navy man pretends to box with a penguin (14:22). With summer coming to a close, the men prepare to depart. The Douglas R4Ds are left behind as planned. Aboard a ship, men review the aerial photographs of Antarctica. Task Force 68 sails through the icy waters heading back to the U.S., concluding the film.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:51 pm

If any of the stories of Nazis going there/Byrd's mission was to engage or surveil them, then that whole documentary ^^ is a smokescreen, to make the whole expedition look like a benevolent science mission. Watched the whole thing, looked like propaganda to me nice music, fanciful shots of seals and happy stuff.

The Nazi story is a good explanation for how fervently and cooperatively Antarctica has been completely off-limits to the whole world since the end of the war. People say its just because its too cold but I still find it odd in a world of capitalist warfare and claustrophobic population growth that such a huge landmass with so much potential resources hasn't been touched basically for over 70 years. All countries signed that and uphold it, no matter all the other things they may disagree on or even go to war about.

I can't really believe it anymore to be honest, for sure there are big secrets about that place.

I'll try to find a link to a thread here where google maps was making shit disappear down there, suspicious names of islands changing and moving, IP addresses to high level shit coming from these same areas, I think is was actually called Rothschild Island iirc. Lots of that place actually named after Rockefellers and British 'royals' too. The whole thing is super creepy and shrouded

Long Live Newschwuabenland!! lolol :D

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”