Russia attacks Ukraine

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Megaterio Llamas

Re: Russia attacks Ukraine

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:25 pm

Masato wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:Here is the one analyst I have found who seems to do his own research on the Ukraine conflict instead of just repeating whatever Slavyangrad and Colonel Cassad post on Telegram and has several times had information very early. He also regularly shits on the other alt commentators providing Ukraine coverage and even likes to beat down his own readers in his blog comments section and scolds readers for being mooches and not donating money.

So he's clearly nor for everyone, but go ahead and check out Jacob Driezin's blog if you like: https://thedreizinreport.com/

Thanks Mega

Based on what you have heard so far, would you be able to condense your overall thoughts about this war?
I would be curious as to how you see it.

I'll get to my impressions of the war a little later on when I have time. Basically what's really going on is anyone's guess since we're under an avalanche of propaganda the like of which I have never experienced before in my lifetime. I'm been spending a little bit of time over on the OG and you have two groups of people arguing their own individual sets of facts and basically talking over each other. They can't really have a discussion.

Back to the Driezin blog I posted a link to earlier; you might be interested in his nightmarish covid theory. He believes there's going to be a monster variant that comes along and wipes out the vaccinated in all the Pfizer countries. The scary part of it is, he kind of has a track record of very seldom being wrong in his predictions...

from a year ago:

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:10 pm

Just quickly before I go, I kind of think the Russians underestimated the powerful impact of American propaganda brought to bear against the Ukrainian population since the US-backed 2014 coup and they thought they could go in light and the Ukrainians would lay down there arms in a lot of places. This did happen in Kherson oblast btw, but nowhere else. So they find themselves in a much harder fight than they expected and have had to make adjustments. A couple of times.

I also believe this thing was planned for what was expected to be a Hillary Clinton presidency back in 2016 and the Trump insurgency pushed the plan back four years. Which afforded Russia an additional four years to get ready. Had this gone ahead as planned in 2017 0r 2018 we might be looking at a much different ball game. As it is, we're looking not only at the demilitarization of Ukraine in the grinding artillery dominant war but the demilitarization of Europe as well. They are pouring all of their weapon stocks into the Ukraine meatgrinder.

Interestingly all of the Western sanctions have blown up in the West's faces and weakened the West economically as well as unexpectedly pushing the rest of the World (outside of the so-called Golden Billion) into the new order forming around BRICS and the SCO. At the same time the Biden regime has crazily blown up the Nordsteam pipelines and ruined German industry beyond repair. That was a nuclear option and could spell the end for the EU and nato. We could be looking at the end of five centuries of Western dominance thanks to the recklessness of the neocon Biden regime.

And how will this crazy regime handle the prospect of facing the end of it's hegemony? Not well I don't think. This current situation of ours is more dangerous than anything we have faced since WW2 including the Cuban Missile Crisis imho and we have tranny wars to concern the public. It is absolutely insane. And in the event of WW3 who do you think would have the upper hand should the unthinkable come to pass?

If you said the Russians you would probably be correct. Aside from everything else the media doesn't inform us about is the fact that the US and it's vassals are locked into an escalatory game of brinksmanship with a nuclear superpower whose means of delivering said weapons are at least a generation more advanced than ours are. And the missile gap seems to be widening.

Say hello to might little friends that are already in service:

And behold my personal favorite :)

Russia Has Built Its First Batch of Terrifying Apocalypse Torpedoes

Poseidon is meant to attack cities and ports with a multi-megaton thermonuclear bomb.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/milita ... n-torpedo/
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:23 pm

Meanwhile :lol:

ARRW hypersonic missile test failed, US Air Force admits

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/03 ... ce-admits/

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Air Force’s March 13 test of a hypersonic weapon was “not a success,” the service secretary told lawmakers Tuesday.

Frank Kendall indicated the Lockheed Martin-made AGM-183A Air-launched Rapid Response Weapon program may be in jeopardy. The service, he said, is “more committed to HACM [the Hypersonic Attack Cruise Missile, the service’s other major hypersonic weapon program] at this point in time than we are to ARRW.”

The ARRW effort “has struggled a little bit in its testing program,” Kendall told the House Appropriations Committee’s defense panel during a hearing on the fiscal 2024 budget request. He said an ultimate decision on whether to continue with the program could come as part of the FY25 budget process next year following a study of the failed March test and possibly two more test launches.

Hypersonic weapons travel at speeds topping Mach 5 and are highly maneuverable, making them difficult to track and shoot down. China and Russia have invested considerable resources in developing these weapons for their militaries, and several U.S. lawmakers have expressed concern that the country is not doing enough to field its own hypersonic capabilities.

The Air Force on Friday revealed it had conducted the second test launch of a fully operational prototype ARRW off the coast of southern California earlier this month.

But the Air Force did not reveal details about the test or its success in that statement, only saying it met “several of the objectives.” That language differed from an Air Force statement in December about a previous ARRW test, in which the service said the weapon’s release was successful and met all objectives.

The Air Force declined to comment further on the March test and its results when contacted Friday by Defense News.

Kendall did not detail how the March 13 test fell short in his testimony.

“We did not get the data that we needed from that test,” he told lawmakers. “They’re currently examining that, trying to understand what happened.”

Kendall said the Dec. 9 ARRW test, which was also with an operational prototype, was “a very successful flight, which was a big step forward before the one that just occurred.”

The Air Force has two more ARRW prototypes it plans to test after the studies on the failed test are done, Kendall said.

“We’ll probably have to make a decision on the fate of ARRW after we complete the analysis, and hopefully do those two tests,” Kendall said. “We’ll revisit it, I think, as we build the ’25 budget to see what will be done in the future.”

The Air Force received nearly $115 million in research, development, test and evaluation funds for ARRW in FY23, down from $308 million the previous year. The service has requested $150 million in RDT&E funds for ARRW in FY24 — but no procurement funds, and budget documents are silent on what the program’s R&D funding could be in subsequent years.

However, HACM received $423 million in FY23, and the Air Force wants to spend nearly $382 million on that program’s RDT&E in FY24. The service’s budget documents map out a plan for spending nearly $1.5 billion more on HACM between FY25 and FY28.

Kendall said HACM has been “reasonably successful.”

“We see a definite role for the HACM concept,” Kendall said. “It’s compatible with more of our aircraft, and it will give us more combat capability overall.

This is serious guys. We're way behind the Russians in advanced missile technology at the same time as we're indulging in reckless brinksmanship with them while pushing them into an ever tighter alliance with the other superpower China, with whom the Biden regime also says it has immediate plans to go to war.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:09 am

Also guys, here's a link to the Mediazona website which together with the BBC collects a running total of verified Russian dead which is something like ten percent of the ridiculous totals you get from the war propaganda mills. You might want to check it out from time to time when you get sick of reading streams of bs:

https://en.zona.media/article/2022/05/20/casualties_eng
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:51 am

A recent update from Rybar. I can't post the text without taking too much time eliminating all the symbols and doodads not supported by this website .

Hopefully you have Telegram, which you do need to follow this conflict properly. :lol:

https://t.me/sitreports/6702

https://t.me/sitreports/6703
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:02 am

This interview is three months old now, but I wasn't here then ;)

el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:34 am

Masato wrote:
Megaterio Llamas wrote:Here is the one analyst I have found who seems to do his own research on the Ukraine conflict instead of just repeating whatever Slavyangrad and Colonel Cassad post on Telegram and has several times had information very early. He also regularly shits on the other alt commentators providing Ukraine coverage and even likes to beat down his own readers in his blog comments section and scolds readers for being mooches and not donating money.

So he's clearly nor for everyone, but go ahead and check out Jacob Driezin's blog if you like: https://thedreizinreport.com/

Thanks Mega

Based on what you have heard so far, would you be able to condense your overall thoughts about this war?
I would be curious as to how you see it.

To sum up what I'm thinking at the moment, I think the big story is Joe Biden's senile nuclear brinksmanship with Russia while simultaneously admitting that the US has no defense against Russia's hypersonic weapons.
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:34 am

Here's an up to date sitrep from three war nerds and a geezer:

el rey del mambo

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:48 pm

US has spent billions on Ukraine war aid. But is that money landing in corrupt pockets?
Tom Vanden Brook
Rachel Looker

USA TODAY

WASHINGTON – With more than $100 billion in U.S. weaponry and financial aid flowing to Ukraine in less than a year – and more on the way to counter Russia's invasion – concerns about arms falling into terrorists' hands and dollars into corrupt officials' pockets are mounting.

The special inspector general who has overseen aid to Afghanistan since 2012, and some House Republicans, warn of the need for closer oversight of the military and humanitarian aid to Ukraine. The scale of the effort is massive. The $113 billion appropriated by Congress in 2022 approaches the $146 billion spent in 20 years for military and humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan, though the cost of sending U.S. troops there was far higher.

"When you spend so much money so quickly, with so little oversight, you're going to have fraud, waste and abuse," John Sopko, the special inspector general for Afghanistan reconstruction, said in an interview. "Massive amounts."

The Pentagon rejects that narrative, saying safeguards have been put in place to ensure that U.S. weapons are accounted for by the Ukrainian forces after they are transferred.

“The department takes our commitment to Ukraine seriously, which is why we implemented strong measures to track the capabilities we are providing to equip Ukraine," said Sabrina Singh, the Pentagon's deputy press secretary.

Among the American public and on Capitol Hill, support for Ukraine's resistance to Russia's invasion remains strong. But it is softening. An Associated Press poll in late January showed that 48% of U.S. adults say they favor the U.S. providing weapons to Ukraine, with 29% opposed and 22% saying they’re neither in favor nor opposed. That's a drop from May 2022, when 60% of U.S. adults said they were in favor of sending Ukraine weapons.

Support could erode further among Americans and Ukrainians, according to members of Congress and Sopko, without greater transparency and accountability for the tens of billions spent. The costs to American taxpayers can be expected to increase as the Biden administration sends increasingly sophisticated and expensive arms to Ukraine, including Abrams battle tanks.

Assuring that the aid ends up in the right hands, they say, demands greater oversight.

The Pentagon spent $62.3 billion in 2022 on Ukraine for weapons, ammunition, training, logistics, supplies, salaries and stipends, according to the Joint Strategic Oversight Plan for Ukraine Response report. Inspectors general for several agencies released the report in January.

The State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development spent $46 billion for activities ranging from border security to basic government services such as utilities, hospitals, schools and firefighting. Other government agencies, including the Department of Agriculture, spent another $5 billion.

The report noted the difficulty U.S. agencies had accounting for the billions spent.

The Pentagon, for example, was "unable to provide end-use monitoring in accordance with DoD policy" in Ukraine, according to a report by the Pentagon's inspector general. "End-use monitoring" includes tracking serial numbers of weapons and ammunition to ensure they're used as intended.

In Afghanistan, the Pentagon had troops on the ground to monitor military aid with 100,000 service members there at the peak of U.S. involvement. It was also far more costly: Overall U.S. spending for the war and reconstruction in Afghanistan is estimated at $899 billion, according to a Pentagon report. In Ukraine, the U.S. involvement is mostly limited to embassy staff. In Ukraine, there are no U.S. combat troops on the ground, and President Joe Biden has pledged to keep them out of the fighting.

Among the thousands of weapons and millions of rounds of ammunition, the Pentagon has sent more than 1,600 portable Stinger anti-aircraft missiles. Without adequate safeguards, they could fall into the wrong hands, said Sopko, who supports the U.S. effort to help Ukraine with its war with Russia.

"If those things get diverted, who knows what could happen?" he said.

With few U.S. troops or State Department personnel in Ukraine, keeping inventories is difficult, the report said. Moreover, the vast amount of money complicates the effort. The report notes the danger of corrupt officials siphoning it off.

"State is overseeing unprecedented levels of security assistance in Ukraine, presenting significant risk of misuse and diversion given the volume and speed of assistance and the wartime operating environment," according to the report.

Singh, the Pentagon spokeswoman, said Ukraine is helping monitor the use of U.S. weapons.

"Through our dedicated personnel, we make comprehensive records of U.S. weapons donations at our distribution nodes immediately prior to transfer to Ukraine and then once in country, the Ukrainians log and track U.S. items and provide expenditure and damage reports," Singh said.

That's not enough, said Rep. Michael Waltz, R-Fla., a member of the House Armed Services Committee. The Pentagon needs more inspectors on the ground in Ukraine to ensure the weapons are used properly.

"That kind of eyes-on versus the kind of self-reporting that's going on from the Ukrainians is incredibly important," he said.

Ukraine has a history of corruption, and President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has made stamping it out a priority.

Ukraine ranks 116th out of 180 nations on Transparency International's Corruption Perceptions Index. On Feb. 14, the defense minister named new deputies after news reports showed officials in the defense ministry had bought food for troops at inflated prices.

Corruption corrodes the public's faith in government, said Sopko, the special inspector general for Afghanistan. Elites in Afghanistan skimmed U.S. aid money, and the obvious corruption alienated Afghans.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2023/02/19/oversight-ukraine-russia-military-aid/11271555002/
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:27 am

Dreizin breaks down the leaked US military sitreps in a 20 minute audio clip in his blog entry here:

One More Go
Published by dreizinreport on April 7, 2023

The above photo shows Christopher Walken…..

…..training for “one more go“…..

…..a.k.a. the Next Big Ukrainian Counteroffensive.

In the below audio message…..

(Length: 19:31)

Not precisely but more or less in this order…..

I cover:

(1) The PR and “social psychology” explanation for how the Pentagon settled on its present estimate of Russian casualties.

(2) The silly hype over leaks of “top secret”, detailed U.S. military sitreps on the Ukraine war. Much of this stuff (e.g., how many brigades the Ukraine is training) was covered on the Dreizin Report months ago, LOLOLOL. (I don’t mention in the audio, but come to think of it, the ONLY “danger” of the leaks, is that non-Western media will finally be able to run with direct, visual documentation to suggest the U.S. is running the Ukraine show.)

(3) The Ukraine’s munitions shortage. To include: the U.S. is likely flat out of GLMRS missiles (for the HIMARS), with all new production (modest as it is) going to the Ukraine.

(4) Prospects for the Next Big Ukrainian Counteroffensive, in the context of the munitions shortage and the massive Russian mobilization of late last year, as well as recent Russian deployment of precision munitions.

https://thedreizinreport.com/2023/04/07/one-more-go/
el rey del mambo

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”