Russia attacks Ukraine

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Masato
Site Admin

Re: Russia attacks Ukraine

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:38 pm

Love James Corbett

I've been neglecting him lately. Time to tune in again more, always impressive simple sense

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:53 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Canuckster wrote:There's a theory getting legs right nowthat the attack is a pretense to remove u.s biolabs in Ukraine.

- Can you post a link?

https://mobile.twitter.com/WarClandesti ... 9672857602
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Masato wrote:Honestly sometimes I think this could just be a scripted drama to get attention off off the covid fallout, lol

Who knows man
maybe Edge is right

- The real world is more like a 80's comic-book or Kamen Rider plot, than people admit. We're like chess parts in a board. Being played for the interest of some people.
Dont you think that covid setup some bigger event?
Ruined the economy of several countrys.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:22 pm

Edge Guerrero wrote:
Masato wrote:Honestly sometimes I think this could just be a scripted drama to get attention off off the covid fallout, lol

Who knows man
maybe Edge is right

- The real world is more like a 80's comic-book or Kamen Rider plot, than people admit. We're like chess parts in a board. Being played for the interest of some people.

I can dig it.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:46 am

Ukraine conflict: Fighting rages near Kyiv after Russia invasion

Ukraine's army is trying to repel a full-scale Russian invasion, with fierce battles taking place close to the capital Kyiv.

Fighting is raging at an airfield on the outskirts of the city, and it could become a springboard for the Russian army into Kyiv if its troops seize it.

The Russian assault is being fought on several fronts after it attacked from the east, north and south on Thursday.

Ukraine says dozens of people have been killed, while thousands have fled.

Moscow launched the offensive in the early hours of the morning, shortly after President Vladimir Putin declared war in a dramatic televised address. He threatened any country attempting to interfere with "consequences you have never seen".

Air and missile strikes rained down on cities and military bases, before tanks rolled in across three sides of Ukraine's vast border. It followed weeks of escalating tensions, as Russia massed troops around the country.

Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelensky, meanwhile, vowed to continue fighting. He said "a new iron curtain" was falling into place and his job was to make sure his country remained on its western side.

Mr Zelensky ordered conscripts and reservists in all of Ukraine's regions to be called up to fight. The country's defence minister urged anyone who was able to hold a weapon to join the effort to repel Russia.

But as night fell, fears of a Russian assault on the capital grew. Gunfire and explosions were heard in the city throughout the day and the president was quoted in Ukrainian media as saying "saboteurs" had entered Kyiv.

Western intelligence officials earlier warned that Russia was building an "overwhelming force" to take control of the city.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60513116

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:48 am

Masato wrote:
Edge Guerrero wrote:

Who knows man
maybe Edge is right

I can dig it.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:38 pm

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:23 pm

Brewer Carlsberg, Japan Tobacco and a Coca-Cola bottler were among firms shutting factories in Ukraine on Thursday following Russia's invasion, while UPS and FedEx Corp suspended services in and out of the country. Ukraine closed its airspace as Russian forces attacked in the early hours, leaving budget airline Wizz Air trying to evacuate its Ukrainian-based crew, their families and four planes stuck in Kyiv and Lviv.

Many companies with exposure to Russia are waiting for more clarity on Western sanctions and assessing the impact of those already announced. Washington on Thursday announced a wave of measures that impede Russia's ability to do business in major currencies along with sanctions against banks and state-owned enterprises. It earlier imposed sanctions on the company behind the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline while European Commission chief Ursula von der Leyen said Brussels would block Russian access to key technologies and markets.

Denmark's Carlsberg, which has a 31% share of Ukraine's beer market, suspended production at all three of its breweries in the country, while Coca-Cola HBC said it had triggered contingency plans which included shutting its bottling plant.

Japan Tobacco shut a cigarette plant in Kremenchuck, central Ukraine. Global shipping giant Maersk halted port calls in Ukraine until the end of February and closed its main office in Odessa on the Black Sea coast while Danish freight forwarder DSV said it had shut its operations in the country.

Europe's aviation regulator expanded a safety warning triggered by the attack, advising airlines to "exercise caution" when flying through parts of Russian airspace controlled by regional centres in Moscow and Rostov.

Shares in German utility Uniper, which has significant interests in Russia and a $1 billion exposure to the recently suspended Nord Stream 2 project, plunged on Thursday and its controlling shareholder, Finland's Fortum, also took a knock. Fortum said the two companies together owned 12 power plants in Russia and employed 7,000 people there but because energy production had not been sanctioned, their operations had not been directly hit.

Another of Nord Stream 2's financial backers, Wintershall Dea, said the fact that project's suspension was on political grounds meant its operator could seek compensation. Shares in German chemical company BASF, which co-owns Wintershall with Russian billionaire Mikhail Fridman's LetterOne investor group, and other Nord Stream 2 backers OMV and Engie were also hit.

Britain's biggest domestic bank, Lloyds, warned it was on heightened alert for cyberattacks from Russia while some companies said supplies of key raw materials could suffer. Jet engine makers Rolls-Royce and Safran said on Thursday they had been ramping up supplies of titanium.

The use of titanium, much of it supplied by Russia, has soared in recent years as planemakers try to make jets lighter. "We have been watching this situation for several weeks and have decided since the start of the year to increase our stocks of titanium especially through distributors in Germany," Safran Chief Executive Olivier Andries told reporters. The French company is also looking to diversify its sources of the metal, as is Britain's Rolls-Royce, which said 20% of its titanium came from Russia.

Large chip companies said they expect limited supply chain disruption from the conflict for now thanks to stockpiling and diversified procurement, but some industry sources said there could be an impact longer term. Ukraine supplies more than 90% of U.S. semiconductor-grade neon, critical for lasers used in chipmaking.

https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/world/story/russia-ukraine-crisis-companies-suspend-ukraine-operations-323873-2022-02-25

penxv

Postby penxv » Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:56 pm

Masato wrote:

That is interesting. Still don't think there are any good guys. I doubt Putin is going to call out the international banking cartel or advocate for change that would be beneficial to humanity.

And we know how the bankers like war.

Som-Pong

Postby Som-Pong » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:32 am

It’s spelled Kiev.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”