Russia attacks Ukraine

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Megaterio Llamas

Re: Russia attacks Ukraine

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:07 am

The Borscht Reich is in retreat near Kupiansk.

https://thedreizinreport.com/
el rey del mambo

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:13 am

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:25 pm

^^ Interesting his story of a signed peace agreement in 2022 that was dumped by Biden/Zelensky

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:56 pm

Masato wrote:^^ Interesting his story of a signed peace agreement in 2022 that was dumped by Biden/Zelensky

This is not new information. This story first came out in an article written by former high-level US government official Fiona Hill last August in the journal Foreign Affairs. Then British prime minister Boris Johnson flew to Istanbul in March of 2022 and warned Zelensky that he had to break a peace agreement he had cosigned with Putin just weeks into the war or Ukraine would lose all political and economic support from the West. Zelensky was then reassured by Johnson that Ukraine would be provided with all the necessary money and weapons to defeat Russia.

The World Putin Wants

How Distortions About the Past Feed Delusions About the Future

By Fiona Hill and Angela Stent

September/October 2022

Published on August 25, 2022

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/russian- ... gela-stent

Diplomacy Watch: Did Boris Johnson help stop a peace deal in Ukraine?

A recent piece in Foreign Affairs revealed that Kyiv and Moscow may have had a tentative deal to end the war all the way back in April.

https://responsiblestatecraft.org/2022/ ... n-ukraine/
el rey del mambo

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:26 pm

Dimitri Orlov is always a fascinating listen re Russia and the war:

el rey del mambo

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:28 pm

Great channel I just found.

INSIDE RUSSIA.

Dudes name is Konstantine

A Russian that escaped with his family before the conscription/ mobilization got hardcore.

Super smart research, first hand experience, and insight

I’m listening daily with my dad here in BC

https://m.youtube.com/c/LETTERSTOKING

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:28 pm

Poland's leader says Russia's moving tactical nuclear weapons to Belarus, shifting regional security
Poland’s President Andrzej Duda confirms that Russia has begun shifting some short-range nuclear weapons to neighboring Belarus

WARSAW, Poland -- Poland's President Andrzej Duda confirmed Tuesday that Russia has begun shifting some short-range nuclear weapons to neighboring Belarus, a move that he said will change the security architecture of the region and the entire NATO military alliance.

Both Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Belarusian counterpart Alexander Lukashenko said last month that Moscow had already shipped some of its tactical nuclear weapons to Belarus after announcing the plan in March. The U.S. and NATO haven’t confirmed the move.

NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg denounced Moscow’s rhetoric as “dangerous and reckless,” but said in July that the alliance hadn’t seen any change in Russia’s nuclear posture.

Tactical nuclear weapons are intended for use on the battlefield and have a short range and a low yield compared with much more powerful nuclear warheads fitted to long-range missiles. Russia said it would maintain control over those it sends to Belarus.

Officials in Moscow and Minsk have said that the warheads could be carried by Belarusian Su-25 ground attack jets or fitted to short-range Iskander missiles.

Duda made his comments at a joint news conference with visiting Portuguese President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa.

"I was telling President (de Sousa) about the implementation of the declarations by Vladimir Putin that Russia’s tactical nuclear weapons will be moved to the territory of Belarus," Duda said. “Indeed, this process is taking place, we are seeing that.”

Duda gave no details, but said that in an “obvious way it is changing the architecture of security in our part of Europe."

"It is changing the architecture of security in our immediate neighborhood, but also of the eastern flank of NATO, at the same time. So in fact it is changing the situation for all of the alliance,” he said.

Lukashenko said that hosting Russian nuclear weapons in his country is meant to deter aggression by NATO member Poland, even though Warsaw has made no such threats. Poland is offering neighbor Ukraine military, humanitarian and political backing in its struggle against Russia's invasion and is taking part in international sanctions on Russia and Belarus.

Duda also hailed the recent approval by the U.S. State Department of the potential sale of 96 Boeing AH-64E Apache helicopters to Poland that would lead to a huge boost in Poland's and NATO's defense potential and was a sign of special relations between Washington and Warsaw.

De Sousa pledged continuing support for Ukraine's struggle and for other countries in the region, saying the situation on Europe's eastern borders is as important to Portugal as that in its own neighborhood.

“We are united, we stand in solidarity, without any hesitations and I have duly taken note of the Polish concerns over what may be understood as the need to be closely watching any moves that may question the eastern borders of the European Union or of NATO,” de Sousa said.

"We are vigilant, we stand in solidarity and we are operational,” de Sousa said.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/polands-leader-russias-moving-tactical-nuclear-weapons-belarus-102450122
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:32 am

Some interesting activity near the Belarus-Ukraine border. Could a Russian offensive from the north be in the offing?

https://thedreizinreport.com/2023/08/22 ... trailer-t/
el rey del mambo

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:53 pm

Wagner Group leader Yevgeny Prigozhin on passenger list of plane that crashed, killing 10 on board
Prigozhin had led a rebellion against Russia earlier this year.

By Mark Osborne and Ivan Pereira
August 23, 2023, 3:27 PM

Wagner Group leader Yevgeny Prigozhin was on the passenger list of a plane that crashed in Russia's Tver region on Wednesday, according to the press service of the Federal Air Transport Agency.

Ten people were killed in the crash but it is not yet clear whether he was actually on board the plane.

"An investigation has been launched into the crash of the Embraer aircraft, which occurred tonight in the Tver region. According to the list of passengers, among them is the name and surname of Yevgeny Prigozhin," the department said in a statement.

Among the 10 dead were three crew members and seven passengers. Everyone on board the plane, which crashed near the town of Kuzhenkino, was killed.

Eight of the bodies were recovered as of 2:15 p.m. ET.

The Federal Air Transport Agency said the plane was en route from Moscow to St. Petersburg.

White House National Security Council spokesperson Adrienne Watson said in a statement that officials were watching the reports of the plane crash.

"If confirmed, no one should be surprised. The disastrous war in Ukraine led to a private army marching on Moscow, and now -- it would seem -- to this," she said.

President Joe Biden has been briefed on the plane crash in Russia, according to the White House.

Prigozhin is the head of the private paramilitary organization Wagner Group, which played a key role in Russia's invasion of Ukraine before briefly launching an insurrection against the Russian military in June. Forces loyal to Prigozhin marched toward Moscow, before turning back after several days.
Prigozhin allegedly struck a deal with Russian President Vladimir Putin where he didn't face prosecution and was relocated to Belarus, according to the Kremlin. The Russian president and Prigozhin allegedly met face to face on June 29, less than a week after the failed coup, the Kremlin said.

On July 3, Prigozhin released a message on social media claiming the rebelling was aimed at "fighting traitors and mobilizing our society."

"I think we have achieved a lot of it. In the near future, I am sure that you will see our next victories at the front. Thanks guys," he allegedly said.

Prigozhin's last known public appearance came in a video dated Aug. 21 from an undisclosed location in Africa.

Prigozhin helped to launch the Wagner Group toward the beginning of the Ukraine-Russia conflict on the Crimean Peninsula around 2014, according to reports published by the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.

In 2018, U.S. prosecutors charged Prigozhin for his suspected role in funding the Internet Research Agency, which the U.S. described as a Russian "troll farm" that sought to use digital campaigns to increase political and social tensions in the U.S.

The Department of Justice accused the IRA of conspiring to "defraud the United States ... for the purpose of interfering with the U.S. political and electoral processes, including the presidential election of 2016."

The complaint described tactics like posing as U.S. citizens and creating false online personas.

ABC News' Will Gretsky, Ben Gittleson, Nathan Luna and Leah Vredenbregt contributed to this report.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wagner-group-leader-yevgeny-prigozhin-passenger-list-plane/story?id=102497445
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Megaterio Llamas

Postby Megaterio Llamas » Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:16 am

el rey del mambo

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”