Brooklyn shooting: over 20 injured, including 10 shot, in subway attack

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Brooklyn shooting: over 20 injured, including 10 shot, in subway attack

Postby Edge Guerrero » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:21 pm

Injured passengers suffer from bullet wounds, smoke inhalation and the physical effects of panic as manhunt under way for shooter

A gunman wearing a gas mask filled a crowded New York subway car with thick black smoke from a canister and opened fire on morning rush-hour passengers, injuring more than 20, including 10 with gunshot wounds.

A manhunt was under way on Tuesday after the shooter, described as a heavy-built Black male about 5ft 5in tall, wearing a green construction-type vest and hooded grey sweatshirt, fled the scene of the shooting. Officers were searching for a U-Haul truck with an Arizona license plate as of Tuesday afternoon, police told multiple media outlets.

Injured passengers suffered from bullet wounds, smoke inhalation and the physical effects of panic. Nobody was reported to be in life-threatening condition.

Graphic photographs posted on social media showed the traumatic scenes on the platform of 36th Street station in the Sunset Park neighbourhood of Brooklyn around 8.30am. Wounded passengers were seen lying as others administered tourniquets to staunch bleeding from their legs.

Another phone image showed blood smeared inside the train carriage and out on to the platform, indicating where a rider had been dragged to safety. Footage captured passengers screaming as they scrambled to escape the shooter.

In a press conference, the New York city police commissioner, Keechant Sewell, described events that began shortly before 8.24am as an N train bound for Manhattan was travelling between the 59th and 36th Street stations.

“An individual on that train donned what appeared to be a gas mask,” Sewell said. “He then took a canister out of his bag and opened it.”

Sewell continued: “The train at that time began to fill with smoke. He then opened fire, striking multiple people on the subway and in the platform.”

The commissioner said there was no known motive for the actions of the suspect. She sought to calm nerves among New Yorkers by saying the shooting was not being investigated as an act of terrorism, but later said she was “not ruling out anything”.

Agents of the joint terrorism taskforce were at the scene, along with FBI and NYPD officers. Joe Biden and the US attorney general, Merrick Garland, were briefed.

The attack brought fear and chaos back to New York City. Witnesses said they heard so many shots they lost count. Others said the shooting sounded like fireworks or popping, causing confusion among passengers.

Yav Montano, who was present inside the carriage as the attack unfolded, shared with CNN a 10-second video he captured as the train drew into the 36th Street station. People could be heard groaning and coughing and were seen covering their faces against thick smoke.

Montano said a smoke grenade was let off about two minutes before the train reached the station. Noise erupted and he crouched to the floor in an attempt to shield himself.

“I didn’t realise it was shooting to start with,” Montano said. “It sounded like fire crackers, or a bunch of scattered popping.”

Montano estimated there were 40 to 50 passengers in the carriage.

“There were some people whose pants were covered with blood,” he said, adding that there was blood on the floor.

“All I saw was people trampling each other, trampling over each other, trying to get into the door which was locked and just a lot of panic.”

The passenger said the train slowed to a halt shortly before it reached the 36th Street station.

“That’s when the chaos happened. Thank goodness the train moved, because I don’t know what would have happened otherwise,” he said.

Other graphic footage was recorded as the N train pulled in. As its doors opened smoke poured out followed by passengers, some screaming, others stumbling and falling to the platform. Phone images showed blood on the floor of the car.

New York has been grappling with high-profile violent incidents on the subway, prompting the relatively new mayor, Eric Adams, to beef up police patrols.

Adams, who is self-isolating with Covid, said: “We will not allow New Yorkers to be terrorised, even by a single individual.”

Kathy Hochul, the governor of New York, told reporters: “We say ‘No more’. No more mass shootings, no more disrupting lives, creating heartbreak for people. We are sick and tired reading headlines about crimes. It has to stop.”

Within minutes of the shooting, NYPD officers and counter-terrorism units were at the scene equipped with police dogs and heavy equipment. Police presence was stepped up in public places across the city.

As the manhunt got under way, officers fanned out across the Sunset Park neighbourhood, a largely working-class area with large Hispanic and Chinese-origin populations. Schools were put on lockdown.

New York fire officers said they were looking at up to four undetonated devices, but later confirmed there were no active explosive devices.

At least 21 injured passengers were treated at NYU Langone hospital –Brooklyn, said a facility spokesperson, Lacy Scarmana. As of Tuesday afternoon, 10 had been discharged, with 11 remaining in relatively good condition, Scarmana said.

A statement from New York-Presbyterian hospital said staff there treated three other people injured in the morning’s subway shooting. All were in relatively good medical condition as of Tuesday afternoon, a hospital spokesperson, Tony Chau, said in a statement.

Fire officials said they had taken a total of 17 victims from the scene of the subway attack to multiple local hospitals, including those with gunshot wounds. Five were reported to be in critical but stable condition.

Any victims in addition to those 17 who were treated at hospitals for injuries from the subway attack arrived at those facilities on their own later in the day, a fire department spokesperson said.

The chief executive of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Janno Lieber, lauded riders who helped victims. He also said his employees herded as many riders as they could on to a train leaving the 36th Street station, in order to get them out of harm’s way.

Such actions, Lieber said, reminded him of storekeepers who handed out water to people fleeing from or stranded by the September 11 terrorist attacks, more than 20 years ago.

“We saw New Yorkers in a difficult situation and emergency helping each other,” Lieber said. “That’s the subway riders, that’s who New Yorkers are every day … New Yorkers of all varieties can come together in small spaces [like the subway] and get along and create something bigger.”

Leo Perez, 44, lives on the corner of 36th Street, yards from the subway station.

“It was just crazy to wake up in the morning and hear so many people got injured and shot,” he told the Guardian, not far from the shooting scene. “You hear the helicopters. The not knowing what’s going on – it’s crazy. It’s concerning.

“I’m very worried still. I just hope they find the person.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/apr/12/brooklyn-shooting-latest-new-york-sunset-park-subway-attack-news-updates
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:36 pm

If the media runs with it, you know it's bs
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:21 pm

Canuckster wrote:If the media runs with it, you know it's bs

Well, their version/story of things anyways
Sometimes shit happens they can't outright ignore so they have to spin it and give you their BS cover story. There ARE shootings in NY lol
But if covered, it has to fit their narrative one way or another at all cost.

Don't know anything about this yet, but Canuckster is right, assume the MSM coverage is lies from the start. Dig further, compare/contrast and MAYBE truth can be peeked at lol

All high-media coverage US shooting events the past bunch of years have been shrouded in illogical coverups, false flags, and patsies imo. Almost zero MSM explanations make sense when properly examined, especially in hindsight

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:40 am

Masato wrote:
Canuckster wrote:If the media runs with it, you know it's bs

Well, their version/story of things anyways
Sometimes shit happens they can't outright ignore so they have to spin it and give you their BS cover story. There ARE shootings in NY lol
But if covered, it has to fit their narrative one way or another at all cost.

Don't know anything about this yet, but Canuckster is right, assume the MSM coverage is lies from the start. Dig further, compare/contrast and MAYBE truth can be peeked at lol

All high-media coverage US shooting events the past bunch of years have been shrouded in illogical coverups, false flags, and patsies imo. Almost zero MSM explanations make sense when properly examined, especially in hindsight

- I would like to have acess to the real facts and motivation. Whats made the guy do this? His motivation? Was him alone?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:06 am

The media makes a circus for weeks out of anything they want to run a gun ban on. If it's an organic event that they have no control over, they usually report it and move on.
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Vutulaki

Postby Vutulaki » Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:27 am

I bet the chinks wished they were armed (and not sub human) right about now?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:07 pm

Looks like some info in this thread:

https://twitter.com/i/events/1514787126046384133

I'm seeing comments how the MSM all STFU about this, not talking much anymore.
If it was a white dude they'd be on this for months probably

I'm not really following it but we'll see what unfolds

RIP to any legit victims

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:07 pm

Rumours that original reports of attacker were short 5'5and maybe 155 pounds

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:20 pm

Canuckster wrote:Rumours that original reports of attacker were short 5'5and maybe 155 pounds

- Dude is 60 years old. Published several hate speak videos and missed all the shoots.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”