WHO: COVID-19 Pandemic Is No Longer a Public Health Emergency of International Concern

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

WHO: COVID-19 Pandemic Is No Longer a Public Health Emergency of International Concern

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 06, 2023 8:16 pm

The organization has been anticipating this move for months, with the leader saying in March that he was confident the emergency would end in 2023.

By Cecelia Smith-Schoenwalder
|
May 5, 2023, at 10:05 a.m.

The World Health Organization on Friday said that COVID-19 is no longer a public health emergency of international concern, though it still poses a global threat

“Yesterday, the Emergency Committee met for the 15th time and recommended to me that I declare an end to the public health emergency of international concern. I have accepted that advice,” WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said at a press conference on Friday.

"It is, therefore, with great hope that I declare COVID-19 over as a global health emergency,” he continued. “However, that does not mean COVID-19 is over as a global health threat. Last week, COVID-19 claimed a life every three minutes – and that’s just the deaths we know about.”

Tedros specifically warned that new variants will remain a threat.

“This virus is here to stay. It is still killing, and it is still changing. The risk remains of new variants emerging that cause new surges in cases and deaths,” Tedros said.

While the organization doesn’t decide whether a situation constitutes a pandemic, it rang the alarm bell loud and clear when it first called the coronavirus such in March 2020.

The organization has been anticipating this move for months, with the leader saying in March that he was confident the emergency would end in 2023.

“We’re very encouraged by the sustained decline in reported deaths from COVID-19, which have dropped 95% since the beginning of this year,” Tedros said at a press conference last week.

But he added that the organization still has concerns about the coronavirus.

“However, some countries are seeing increases and over the past four weeks, 14,000 people lost their lives to this disease,” he added. “An estimated 1 in 10 infections results in post-COVID-19 condition, suggesting that hundreds of millions of people will need longer-term care. And, as the emergence of the new XBB.1.16 variant illustrates, the virus is still changing, and is still capable of causing new waves of disease and death.”

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2023-05-05/who-covid-19-pandemic-is-no-longer-a-public-health-emergency-of-international-concern
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

penxv

Postby penxv » Wed May 10, 2023 3:25 am

It was never a public health emergency. It was never anything but a marketing tactic for the “vaccine” or whatever it is.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”