Japanese embassy on Biden calling the country ‘xenophobic': ‘It is unfortunate’

Politics, History, & 'Conspiracy'
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Japanese embassy on Biden calling the country ‘xenophobic': ‘It is unfortunate’

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat May 04, 2024 9:07 pm

The embassy also said it raised concerns with administration officials.

By ADAM CANCRYN

05/03/2024 01:38 PM EDT

The Japanese Embassy on Friday issued a slight rebuke of President Joe Biden for referring to Japan as “xenophobic,” saying it raised concerns with administration officials over the remarks.

“It is unfortunate that some of the comments were not based on an accurate understanding of Japan’s policies,” the embassy said in a statement to POLITICO. “We have raised this point to the U.S. government and explained Japan’s positions and policies once again.”

During a campaign fundraiser on Wednesday, Biden grouped Japan — a close U.S. ally —with several other countries that he said were struggling economically because of their immigration policies.

“Why is China stalling so badly economically? Why is Japan having trouble? Why is Russia? Why is India?” Biden said during his speech. “Because they’re xenophobic. They don’t want immigrants.”

The remarks came at a fundraiser hosted by several prominent Asian American officials, including Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) and U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai. They were delivered on the first day of Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre subsequently said that the president “was trying” to say that “when it comes to who we are as a nation, we are a nation of immigrants.”

The Japanese Embassy in its statement said it was “aware” that the administration had clarified that Biden’s comments were intended to highlight immigrants’ role in strengthening the U.S., “and that his comment was not made with the intent of undermining the importance and permanence of the Japan-U.S. relationship.”

It also stressed that the dust-up would not affect Japan’s work with the U.S. in the future.

“We will continue to work with the U.S. to further strengthen our bilateral tie, building on the achievements of this official visit,” the embassy said, referencing Prime Minister Fumio Kishida’s White House visit in early April.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/03/japanese-embassy-slightly-displeased-after-biden-calls-country-xenophobic-00156034
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon May 06, 2024 6:59 am

When you see a country like India and you think "We need to increase the population more so we can improve the economy" you are probably trying to run a country like a business and will inevitably create social problems that anyone else would have seen coming from a mile away.

Diet Butcher

Postby Diet Butcher » Tue May 07, 2024 4:49 pm

America has no honour. It is unfortunate.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 07, 2024 6:39 pm

Meanwhile did you see the latest clip of Mr 'diversity-is-our-strength' Trudeau saying it's OK to be Zionist?

lol

Can't have it both ways imo

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue May 07, 2024 8:34 pm

Why not Both?

maybe Japan is Xenophobic....and maybe they are not wrong to be Xenophobic?

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue May 07, 2024 8:51 pm

....would like to add.....two of the GFs Japanese Lady Friends living in USA often complain about Racism....both married to white fellows....

and yes both of these women are proudly Japanese would and argue against a Forced Open Door Immigration Policy to Japan and would oppose any kind of influence to change the culture of Japan and so on

and these kind of Japanese are not uncommon. I have FIRST HAND INSIDER observation of the common class GOSSIP

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue May 07, 2024 10:13 pm

theraskal wrote:Why not Both?

maybe Japan is Xenophobic....and maybe they are not wrong to be Xenophobic?

You can't promote ultra-diversity/mass immigration/minority race favouritism & shame anyone who disagrees as racist/white supremacist (what Trudeau does), then stand up for a political ideology like Zionism which is openly and actually religiously/racially/violently supremacist and segregationist.

I don't think that's what Japan is doing though.

I support Japan staying Japanese. I don't think this is racist nor xenophobic. Too many cultures are being watered down by the mass-diversity quota globalist train, I think protecting a culture or national character is actually important these days. Just respect your neighbours to do the same, we can all get along imo.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue May 07, 2024 10:31 pm

the Japanese are the same as everyone else when it comes to being Exclusive while demanding acceptance as I have observed in traveling/living there and in the GFs lady friends as example. I'm not saying they are wrong to be Exclusive, I'm just suggesting best if everyone was just HONEST.

when everyone else is honest in their tribalism, then the vanilla folks can be more honest too, but so long as all fingers are pointing one way then the vanilla folks are naturally going to keep denying their own tribal tendencies because of the unfairness in accusations. only when there is true EQUALITY can humanity move beyond the petty bickering and enjoy what we share in common.

Return to “The Grand Chessboard”