Video games you are playing/want to play

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Re: Video games you are playing/want to play

Postby Edge Guerrero » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Luigi wrote:Yes Id actually love to do that, but the problem is its so so low on my priority list theres no way I will do it in the next 10 years. I plan to teach myself a bunch of cool skills as an old man though and game dev would be a good one. Hbu bro?

Also a few days ago I basically got a tie vs Omega Rugal but apparently he had a pixel or two more health when the clock ran out. It was a super unoptimized run too so I will get him soon. I also started playing a shmup game called Twin Cobra that is a ton of fun. When I was young my friend had the game Tiger Heli and this is the sequel to that. I already beat the game on very easy mode, I will try an easy mode run soon.

-I've watched that independente guys are creating games for Snes. I would love to creat a plataform game.
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:03 pm

In my opinion the best NES game is Battle Kid 2, which was made by 1 guy around 2012. A few years ago he started messing around with SNES dev so it would be awesome if he made one. Its been years though so I cant be too hopeful.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:18 am

2 months later I finally beat damn Omega Rugal! I got a bit carried away writing a comment about it so Ill put it in spoiler tags lol

[spoiler]
For a long time now Ive been using an exploit where you can basically make Saisyu walk right into Billy Cane's forward D attack and Id typically beat him with a quarter of health left and then get obliterated by Rugal with the gameplan that my other 2 characters could then take on Rugal. The thing is though that Ive done so many runs of Billy vs Saisyu that the match has become super optimized and today I was getting a lot of runs where I would get to Rugal with Billy having half health, and it gave me the idea to just trade heavy attacks with Rugal so even when I died the other 2 characters only had to deal with 75% health Rugal. While doing this however I noticed that Rugal's AI doesnt anticipate Billy's back D attack while Rugal is walking forward and Billy is not walking forward. Its as if the AI doesnt understand the range in that specific scenario, so I noticed I was able to not only trade heavy damage with Rugal, but sometimes land heavy attacks without taking return damage. It worked so well I immediately switched strategies and would restart the game any time Saisyu got Billy under half health so I could use Billy to get Rugal below half so the other 2 characters had very little to do. So I do this a few times and each time Rugal still manages to beat them both with a sliver of health. The main problem is he can use genocide cutter to trade with back D and do much more damage than he takes, but if the range and walking directions are just right he usually doesnt do this and with a bit of luck you can really get some good shots in before he crushes you. I was getting really frustrated and I was doing a run where I was basically taking a mental break just playing recklessly trying to relax, but because of that Saisyu lands a big combo on Billy and then that asshole starts taunting me. So at this point I have about a quarter health and I was pretty pissed off. Not only because he was taunting me but because memories of all those long play sessions just getting absolutely destroyed by Saisyu came back to me and in that moment I didnt care that I basically had no chance to beat Rugal with this little health, I just knew that at this point I was 100% capable of kicking Saisyu's ass with a quarter health and he was about to find that out. I came out aggressive but calculated and absolutely destroyed him, it felt so awesome. I was kinda in the mindset I was taking a break still which I think made me relaxed, yet I was still focused going into the Rugal fight. I was thinking to back up right away so he doesnt use a jump kick, punish with back D if he walks up on me, and stay close enough that if he tries to charge his special I can punish with forward D but stay far enough away that I will have time to block his rush attack and jump his projectiles. And all that just kinda worked perfectly: he didnt jump kick, he walked into a few back Ds, tried to charge and I nailed him with a forward D, tries to get me with a rush but Im keeping my distance and blocking, he walks into a few more back Ds, tried to charge again and I nail him with another forward D, throws a fireball and I just took the chip damage even though I had barely any health, I think I might have dodges a second one, he tries a rush but Im blocking, he walks into another back D but then I finally run out of luck and he uses genocide cutter. BUT it trades with back D for a double KO!!!!! I finally beat this boss battle and did it with 1 character! The funny thing is it took me a lot longer to get down beating Saisyu than it did beating Rugal. Overall a good game but the Saisyu fight is too frustrating in my opinion and KOF 95 definitely gets outshone by the later KOF games. Ive now beaten 5 games with Billy: Real Bout Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury Special, KOF 98, KOF 97, and now KOF 95. He was tied with Leona before but now he is my most successful character, though Im still the most skilled with Whip.

Also I beat Twin Cobra on easy mode. Still a really fun game, Ill be trying it on normal difficulty next.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:51 am

Finished Twin Cobra on default settings. Fun game, too bad out of the 8 difficulties with 4 labeled "easy" they couldnt manage to actually make one of them easy.

Not sure what to play next. Probably some SNES fighting games I think. I should do that Star Wars game but its just kinda repetitive and boring.

Edit: Finally beat Kizuna Encounter. The golden strategy is to use the A+B dash and time it when they attack and get the distance so you go right beside them and then throw or heavy attack.

Also beat the Genesis version of Fatal Fury. Great game and great port given the limitations.

Edit again: Finally beat the last boss of Art of Fighting last night. I felt so burnt out after and still kinda do. I played super defensive while he had meter and was to the right of me, use low kick as a jab because he will use it if you dont, use neutral kick as an anti-air, try to jump the hao-kens if you read them but dont risk it if youre hesitant, and as soon as you get your first knock down against him learn to time your hao-kens perfectly and you should be able to blast him every time he stands up 3 times which will do over half his health. There were rounds where I had less than 10% health and he was full health but I can back to win because of this. When he runs out of meter you can attack with jump kicks as he is not so good at anti-airs when he cant use his rapid punch special. If he jumps into you when youre in the corner it forces you out of the corner and he takes your place. If this happens go super aggressive with jump kicks and try to use the punch jab if he is right in your face. This fight is really a mental test because he can punish you so brutally and so much of it is luck because of how it reads your inputs. You can finally take a round off him then have the next two stolen from you despite making zero errors. e.g. he rushes you at the start, you time it so he runs into the end of your low kick and as soon as you push the button he stops in his tracks and initiates his rapid punch special at the perfect range to grab your extended hitbox of your leg because of the kick and within seconds half your health is gone, you wake up dizzy twice, he brutally punishes each time finishing you and that one kick was the only input you ever got to make. If you ever beat this you will have to go thru a really long phase where you will win a round then get annihilated in the next 10. Its a mental test of staying calm despite all the BS more than anything. Then after all that its supposed to be revealed that the evil karate master is *spoilers* your dad Takuma, but I didnt even get that, because your sister says "Ryo, stop, that man is our..." and then it says to be continued. Thanks SNK you dicks. I love you sometimes but this one really annoyed me lol

I dont want to put this wall of text in spoiler tags this time because the forum glitch seems to delete anything in any kind of tag and so it seems my wall of text from beating Rugal has been erased. Hopefully it can be restored but if not from what I remember I was talking about how I beat both Saisyu and Rugal with just Billy and it happened on a run I wasnt taking seriously where Saisyu was trolling me.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:48 pm

- Found some mecha games yesterday. I also found about some scuba -diving games a couple of days ago

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:40 pm

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:53 am

I was playing Eternal Champions, which I had heard was one of the hardest Genesis games. I played Xavier and I picked up his playstyle quickly. Just use your staff to dominate the mid range, and ocassionally attack with the jump forward. I got to the last boss who has 4 forms, and on my first try I beat 3 of them before he pulled out a BS attack on me you need foreknowledge of. Instead of letting you retry it gives you the bad ending and restarts the game, and I was affraid there might be shananigans so I made a save state, reloaded in twice and beat him lol If it had sent me back 2 fights I would have just continued and ended him 20 mins later, but why waste time playing fair when the game gives you a slap in the face like that. I think the people who find this one super hard either dont know fighting games well, didnt give an effort, or picked the wrong character. Time to play the sequel on Sega CD, which is actually the only SCD game I own a physical copy of. I wanted one to try to fix my friends broker SCD with and EC was the least overpriced at the local retro game shop. Edit: I replayed the SCD version and they really nerfed Xavier, his staff speed is basically cut in half. Pretty disappointing.

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:10 am

I am officially giving up on Star Wars Arcade and Batman Returns on Sega CD. Both games have a similar problem where they took another game and added a bunch of new levels without really compensating the difficulty at all. Theyre basically 2 games mashed together but without balancing. I already had to deal with that with Cliffhanger and I dont want to endure it again. Its too bad too because both have really impressive graphics for their day. I want to pick up another SCD game though so I think I will play this other cool 3D polygon shooter game called Stellar Fire:

Also I went to test an old Hori EX2 stick on KOF 2002 and ended up 3CCing the game my first try, the first time I've ever done that lol Also only 2 credits on Rugal, as I lost one on the Ikari team before him. People generally dont think highly of the EX2 because its small and the buttons get a bit sticky with age, but the lever is really fantastic, especially for a J-lever. Its basically like an LS-32/56 hybrid but with a smoother gate.

Edge Guerrero

Postby Edge Guerrero » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:57 pm

- Just discovered this game.

[Jikkyou Power Pro Wrestling '96

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”