disturbing AI created art

A True Open Forum; Share/Discuss whatever you like
Canuckster

disturbing AI created art

Postby Canuckster » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:12 am

People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:22 pm

I've been playing with MidJourney.... you can try it out on Discord.

It's really amazing. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

I'll watch the full vid when I have more time but just wanted to jump in because I've been messing with it and considering it a lot.

I don't think my personal profession is at risk yet but I know for sure that certain concept artists should be very concerned. I've managed to get MidJourney to pump out some pretty amazing things, fast as shit where to get the same results pre-AI you would have to pay a great illustrator thousands and wait days/weeks for the results. And they may not even look as good.

It's really crazy. Honestly I don't know where this is all going

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:24 pm

Your profession will be going the way of the grocery store clerk
People say they all want the truth, but when they are confronted with a truth that disagrees with them, they balk at it as if it were an unwanted zombie apocalypse come to destroy civilization.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:26 pm

Canuckster wrote:Your profession will be going the way of the grocery store clerk

Illustrator yes. Storyboard artist no.

My honest opinion, at least so far. The storyboards I do are so ridiculously specific, I don't think AI could deliver without them being wonky.

Concept illustration however could very well be dead.

Ironically, the only reason this AI is working is because they have millions of human-made sources of concept art to extrapolate from. AI could not do it without that source material.

Its fascinating all around. I've already seen in my life several technologies that changed the game/killed old jobs/sped up the process etc (photoshop, 3D animation, stock photography, perspective tools etc) but this is next level.

Wonder if AI will start making music too, and winning grammy's :o :?

Canuckster

Postby Canuckster » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:20 pm

Ai music is a thing already, like anything though it's in its infancy

Return to “Anarchy Zone”