'Inner Monolgue'?

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

'Inner Monolgue'?

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:17 pm

Hey all

This is trippy

Apparently, a % of the population think all their thoughts as words in their heads, spoken by a sort of 'voice'.

Also apparently, they freak out when they learn that not everyone is like this. (or the opposite, folks who don't are stunned to learn that some do)

Is this some TV news bullshit?
Or is there some fundamental difference between 'inner' human experience like this?

Sometimes I think in language in my head, but I think it's usually deliberate, then it stops again.
The way they describe it as all the time seems alien to me

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:20 pm

Whoever posted that ^^ suggests that this phenomena may be linked to what some call 'NPC' people.

This is a weird thing to imagine :shock:

quote from expanded post above ^^:

"A lot of people don't have an internal monologue apparently, and pretty consistently in my experience with asking people about it, they are the same types of people who trust government, authority, MSM, etc. They're often the ones supporting the current thing, donating to Ukraine, getting their 6th booster shot, and calling you a bigot for trying to prevent children from castrating themselves at age 10.

The broader implications of this scare the shit out me honestly."

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:24 pm

This dude postulates if it has anything to do with having a 'conscience' or not:

I don't support any ideas on the matter at this point, I just stumbled on the topic I don't know what to make of it yet.

However I have wondered, especially lately after covid vaxxes/lockdowns etc if there may be a % of the population that may LITERALLY not be awake. Sometimes it feels like there are real NPCs out there but maybe it's just my paranoia. I don't like to think about people like that

Anyways is this 'inner monologue' thing overblown? Does everyone sort of do this and they are just hyping it up?
Or is there some real difference going on here?

Do YOU 'hear' a linguistic inner monologue for all your thoughts?

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:59 pm

Masato wrote:Whoever posted that ^^ suggests that this phenomena may be linked to what some call 'NPC' people.

This is a weird thing to imagine :shock:

quote from expanded post above ^^:

"A lot of people don't have an internal monologue apparently, and pretty consistently in my experience with asking people about it, they are the same types of people who trust government, authority, MSM, etc. They're often the ones supporting the current thing, donating to Ukraine, getting their 6th booster shot, and calling you a bigot for trying to prevent children from castrating themselves at age 10.

The broader implications of this scare the shit out me honestly."

oops I read that wrong. He is suggesting that people who DON'T have an inner monologue are the NPCs

Now I'm all twisted up lol

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:25 pm

I have an inner monologue if the thoughts are basic and slow, if I'm thinking intensely the information is too dense to fit into words so I just "think" them. The part of me that does talk in my head is often annoyed by this. This is especially common if I am commuting to work(1.5 hour drive) and basically forced to entertain myself with my thoughts for extended periods of time.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:32 pm

I was watching myself today, I suppose I use language when I think but not always. Its not like a voice I can't shut off or anything

The whole concept has me wondering if there really are 2 different type of inner experience ( I think there are infinite, but for sake of the argument), or if they are just describing something in different ways that sort of happens to everyone

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:34 pm

I agree with the psychologist in the vid that says most everyone makes assumptions that their inner experience is normal but they've never really understood anything to compare to (paraphrasing)

Edge Guerrero
Location: Smackdown Hotel at "the corner of Know Your Role Blvd

Postby Edge Guerrero » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:07 am

- I give classes to me on my inner monologues. Usually about dinosaurs or the resistence of metals:(
- I rent this space for advertising

Don't be selfish, preserve this world for the next generations.

I'll never long for what might have been
Regret won't waste my life again
I won't look back I'll fight to remain

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”