Live Not By Lies

Arts, Philosophy, Spirituality & Wisdom
Masato
Site Admin

Live Not By Lies

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:50 pm

Brilliant short vid by the Amazing Polly.

About something called KETMAN: the practice of lying to fit in.

A lot of food for thought in this world, where we are expected to 'go along' with so many LIES every day, just to exist.

Where should the line be drawn, where it becomes foolish, harmful, or even evil to play along? Where we may risk selling our souls to it, and can no longer find our way back to the Truth?

What is the price for insisting to live one's life in the TRUTH, in a world that is built on LIES?

Great ideas.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:44 pm

I hate lies.

I hate when others tell lies, especially to great masses. I hate when great masses believe them, and build things based on lies.

All blasphemies imo. If there is one superpower I could have it would probably be some power to identify/expose lies and liars.

But Amazing Polly questions how many lies we GO ALONG WITH in society, because its all based on lies and if you don't act upon that foundation of lies, you can't interact with much of the world. She questions how many little lies we go along with, perhaps slowly forgetting that they are lies.

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:45 pm

Here is another good one I recently enjoyed from The Amazing Polly.
She is something, I always am impressed with her lucid views on even the craziest of things:

Luigi

Postby Luigi » Tue Oct 03, 2023 2:10 am

The ancient Persian nobility could not consider themselves true men unless they adhered to 3 principles.

1. They had to be excellent archers.
2. They had to be excellent horsemen.
3. They could never tell a lie at any point in their life.

theraskal

Postby theraskal » Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:21 am

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.-----Philippians 4:8

I would like to add some emphasis to that last part "think about such things".......I'm not suggesting one should ignore the villainy in the world, but best to take action what one can, and then not to dwell on it to the point where it begins to consume one's ability to appreciate what is good too.

I'm a responsible simple living capricorn. I save/invest to try and create some security against the uncertainty, but I also realize that time passes quickly and we should also enjoy life too...that doesn't mean one needs to spend a lot to do that, I enjoy simple pleasures like reading an entertaining story like "The Ranger's Apprentice" series with some coffee, cafe tunes, and sweet-treats, a walk at the park and resting on the bench for some more reading and people watching there, just simple things like that. I also enjoy to walk with the headphones and listen to meditative music like Gregorian/Orthodox Chants or interesting talks......

I watched a bit of the video on the OP and it has my curiosity so I will probably listen during one of my walks

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:45 pm

theraskal wrote:Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.-----Philippians 4:8

Amen!

A simple basic recipe for Human life. Love it

Enjoy your walks :D

Masato
Site Admin

Postby Masato » Wed Oct 04, 2023 2:10 pm

Return to “Creative Sanctuary”