https://www.instagram.com/p/CeS-zouIECW/
Thats 260 or 320 not 300 depending if hes using 20 or 25kg plates
Anyone interested in a group fitness challenge?
I swear Im going blind, I cant even read the nutritional info on most food packages anymore
Here comes death
Here comes death
-
Anastasios
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
- Reputation: 227
Lol my optician said my eyes have aged 20-30 years more than my biological age. I have -7.5 on one eye and -7 on the other, some degree of astigmatism and cataracts. I am legally blind, and will go to prison if I drive a car without glasses. Good thing they warned me because I was planning on driving anyway and just use a walking stick, left arm hanging out the window with the walking stick and shifting with the right hand, and drive a bit slower.
I remember hearing that getting old is scary when I was young and now it's here lol shit crept up really quick
I did the unthinkable and left the gym without trying to kill myself today, I just want to test how well I recover and if I can add more than 5kg to my bench next session. I have this weirrd thing that I keep training past the pump normally like I deflate myself IDK the science but maybe lose all the glycogyn or whatever its called and water? anyway nice to leave feeling jacked/pumped today
I did the unthinkable and left the gym without trying to kill myself today, I just want to test how well I recover and if I can add more than 5kg to my bench next session. I have this weirrd thing that I keep training past the pump normally like I deflate myself IDK the science but maybe lose all the glycogyn or whatever its called and water? anyway nice to leave feeling jacked/pumped today
-
Anastasios
- Posts: 294
- Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:41 pm
- Reputation: 227
I haven't done much worthy of posting but have been trying to find a way to get a better groove on bench press. I found that triples is the sweet spot with 140kg. Get a good arch, pin shoulderblades deep into protraction and depression, decline bench angle, aim with the elbows and not rest the bar on chest but not keep it static a millimeter above chest either, faster eccentric to preserve energy, and keep the same path down vs up regarding elbow position and forearm angle. Honestly it is still a hit and miss from set to set and rep to rep, so I will use this time of calmer training and try to get two bench sessions per week practicing these sets, along with external rotation work for the teres minor pain.
Tomorrow morning I go to my physio for another round of PRP and hyaluronic acid into my glute med/min muscles. Ultrasound shows that in the med/min areas injected previously, close to the femur, connective tissue density increased and tendinosis is gone. Tomorrow injection is done at the upper part of the med/min, close to the ilium. If lucky this is the last thing I have to do and then make a slower progression on squats and deadlifts than last round to let these stabilizing muscles come up to par.
Tomorrow morning I go to my physio for another round of PRP and hyaluronic acid into my glute med/min muscles. Ultrasound shows that in the med/min areas injected previously, close to the femur, connective tissue density increased and tendinosis is gone. Tomorrow injection is done at the upper part of the med/min, close to the ilium. If lucky this is the last thing I have to do and then make a slower progression on squats and deadlifts than last round to let these stabilizing muscles come up to par.
Another successful bench session last night. It seems like lately if I am semi-well rested and being mindful of nervous system recovery I can't fail. The bicep discomfort is now so faint I couldnt even feel it until after I had done 3 working sets. With that in mind I will now start my next bench program though curiously enough the new program has the exact same frequency and volume that I am currently doing, the only difference is that now I will be doing 5 sets of 1 at 92% of my 1RM.

Nothing of note here either. Still lagging at 84 kg. Sure, there's recomposition going on but I'm aiming for 80kg by new years. Might have to drop the alcohol.
Been having some slight pain in my right arms elbow tendon.
Been having some slight pain in my right arms elbow tendon.
Did my first session of the Hepburn program. The good news is I nailed it, the bad news is it took a long time and the heavy sets almost instantly irritated my bicep tendon and its all enflamed again.

Have you guys heard of Clarence Kennedy? He is a weightlifter who arguably is the strongest in the whole sport but refuses to do any competitions because the committees refuse to acknowledge steroids are used. He walks around at 100kg and snatches 185kg, so if he cut to 89kg weight class thats 5kg above the world records, and if he only cut to 96kg its 1kg less than the world record. His total is 410 which would be 14kg above the world record in the 89 class and 6kg less than the record in the 96 class.

Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests